Frontier, grab yourself a chair and please listen to your loyal community...

STOP all work on new content ALL CONTENT.... get your entire team that is working on Elite together, and distribute them into categories of the following:

Local and minor bug fixes

Long term bug fixes

Mechanics and improvements

Core game play improvements

Game lore improvements

Missions and payouts rework

The community is massively annoyed on what has been happening in recent weeks, we are very uptight that frontier do not seem to be talking to us giving us progress on any of the above.
It is very obvious to us the community that with the advent of new content more bugs arise, where by the old ones are forgotten about and in many cases left.

Every player would prefer Elite dangerous to be that epic space sim that we always wanted to play, but feel like we are fighting to try to support this idea. Every player would prefer to play the game with zero bugs and mechanics that are left by the way side, and not have to suffer the low payouts, and confusion over crime and punishment do and don'ts.

We would all prefer a game that is sound to play with plenty to do find, and destroy if needs be, We would more than likely all except if you stopped work on new up coming content, and announce the fact that you would consider working solely on getting the game up to speed on the above and maybe some other areas I have not covered here.

As far as new content is concerned, we all enjoy new content of course we do, however with new content comes new bugs and with new bugs become like the old bugs, their is a pattern to this simply delving into the bug fixing archives.! the list only gets bigger!

Frontier please STOP all work now and consider what has been mentioned here, We love the game and want it to work we really do, but right now the community is up in arms, it is every where to see, by reading the forums and youtubes, reddits.

Consider this for the players, and for the future of Elite, please ensure that this is read by all concerned.

For us the community we want to see the game become what it should, I know many of you will think like this and some may not, it would be of interest to see your responses. Keep it nice and voice your feelings of what you would like to see happen as of the next couple of months and the start of the new year.

thanks for reading.

Deleted member 38366

D
Well, when Beyond was announced I was quite hopeful that these things would come along throughout its year. Fill in all the gaps, improve existing mechanics, add new mechanics and interconnect what belongs connected.
Make it deeper and more meaningful, less scripted and less predictable/isolated/more-of-the-same. Stuff like that.

However, extremely little has happened to that tune so far, despite Beyond already nearing its completion. Compared to the supposed "100man team"... so little it's downright bizarre (let's not go there, though, enough said about it).
Mildly put : far less than one would reasonably expect even if expectations don't fly high around here anymore.

Brings me to a huge caveat I suspect : the two new IPs FDev has posted in their Fiscal Report. From the looks of it, one already in active development ("IP4") and one planned to go into production next year ("IP5") for release in 2020.

Having seen what the JWE development phase did to ELITE (= extended Maintenance mode, massive slow-down), I don't think it's far fetched to think that we've witnessed nothing short of a change of Development course and priorities.
ELITE being put onto the rear seat and the solid finances being used to Develop new IP - instead of giving ELITE the Resources it would need to deliver and finally meet (at least some of) the expectations and promised/announced changes.

That'd probably be a very solid business decision and good for the company as a whole. For the ELITE Player however, it'd mean a very bad Gameplay decision.
There's only so much resources to distribute inside the company and if you look around, ELITE alone could easily absorb nearly all of it. And then some.
It's not getting it though, the decision seems made and it feels as if the Community Managers were tasked to slowly prepare the ELITE Community for these changes.

Just my opinion, but that's how things look like to me.
TL : DR = it's not like they truly couldn't. It's more like they don't want to. Other priorities as by their business decisions.

Squadrons will be ace.

"Major milestone" spacelegs will be awesome.

The future is bright, the future is Frontier Developments.

Frontier, grab yourself a chair and please listen to your loyal community...

STOP all work on new content ALL CONTENT.... get your entire team that is working on Elite together, and distribute them into categories of the following:

Local and minor bug fixes

Long term bug fixes

Mechanics and improvements

Core game play improvements

Game lore improvements

Missions and payouts rework

The community is massively annoyed on what has been happening in recent weeks, we are very uptight that frontier do not seem to be talking to us giving us progress on any of the above.
It is very obvious to us the community that with the advent of new content more bugs arise, where by the old ones are forgotten about and in many cases left.

Every player would prefer Elite dangerous to be that epic space sim that we always wanted to play, but feel like we are fighting to try to support this idea. Every player would prefer to play the game with zero bugs and mechanics that are left by the way side, and not have to suffer the low payouts, and confusion over crime and punishment do and don'ts.

We would all prefer a game that is sound to play with plenty to do find, and destroy if needs be, We would more than likely all except if you stopped work on new up coming content, and announce the fact that you would consider working solely on getting the game up to speed on the above and maybe some other areas I have not covered here.

As far as new content is concerned, we all enjoy new content of course we do, however with new content comes new bugs and with new bugs become like the old bugs, their is a pattern to this simply delving into the bug fixing archives.! the list only gets bigger!

Frontier please STOP all work now and consider what has been mentioned here, We love the game and want it to work we really do, but right now the community is up in arms, it is every where to see, by reading the forums and youtubes, reddits.

Consider this for the players, and for the future of Elite, please ensure that this is read by all concerned.

For us the community we want to see the game become what it should, I know many of you will think like this and some may not, it would be of interest to see your responses. Keep it nice and voice your feelings of what you would like to see happen as of the next couple of months and the start of the new year.

thanks for reading.

I understand where you're coming from, but I do think they already have things under control for 3.3.

Yes, the whole Gnosis thing was a little rough, BUT I do think next time they do something similar they'll nail it ;-)

umeat.jpg

I like the intent of the thread but this community is beating its own head against the door here. Sure we can share between us all sorts of ideas but at the end of the day this is a product. A business deal that makes a nice sum off its base with in store purchases. You know the paint and bling we add to our imaginary space craft etc.
Every time they make a new boat good bad or ugly there is a new market to make some dollars at and thats how it works. I am sure there is some concern(very minor from a business perspective) of our complaints but the bills don't get paid by fixing stuff in the game. They are paid by a steady cash flow from the store and new game sales.
Want their attention? send your concerns to the trade magazine editors and columnists who share these little tid bits with the public that has yet to get involved in the game. Word of mouth is a very effective tool but not in the forum owned bought and paid for by the manufacturer of the product you are not happy with.
This does not mean they don't care but on the priority list for a business for profit model its better to have income coming in before spending assets on existing problems that players, although not happy seem to deal with.

Personally I still enjoy the game due in large to VR but I accept the shortfalls of the mechanics that go along with it.
Happy thoughts.

Yes. Thank you very much.

Or in short, FD do what you said you would do and fix the errors before adding new disasters.

Actually, "Beyond: improving core gameplay" (mechanics).

Bugs of course is ongoing general work, which new coreplay and new content brings with it, way of the software world. The worse (and more widely game breaking) the bugs .. the higher the fix priority. Report and move on.

I'm bug fixing, 2km out from Gnosis at the moment. Do I win £5?
(Coat. Got it)

I'd hate to think what would happen to ED if the majority of haters in the community happened to work for FD, gamers are gamers for a reason and not developers.

but surely if they stop you would need to tell them to go so that they can fix two issues you raised ;)

Top Bottom