frontier store recaptcha!!!

So I thought I would buy me some x-mas lights for in the ship, and some paints. So, I tried to login to the store, clicking chimney's, bicycles, traffic lights... wrong recaptcha code.. Yeah, probably by trying to login in, and spending 5 minutes to click stuff, you volunteer to train the AI learning tool of that company that provides that recaptcha (2 birds with one stone, right?). but I gave up. Perhaps next year when they find something new to protect their store.

Could frontier make a separate website for normal people, that don't want to spend all day to login to an online store, so that I could login and buy some stuff?

Thanks.

I actually recommended Recaptcha to Frontier a while back, because I hated their old captcha system.

Recaptcha usually works amazingly easy (like, I don't even have to click on pictures, Google just knows I'm not a robot and that checkbox is enough) and is super easy to implement, and a short while after I contacted them, it was up.

So, feel free to direct your hate at me. :)

I actually recommended Recaptcha to Frontier a while back, because I hated their old captcha system.

Recaptcha usually works amazingly easy (like, I don't even have to click on pictures, Google just knows I'm not a robot and that checkbox is enough) and is super easy to implement, and a short while after I contacted them, it was up.

Ah, so it was YOU! I'll add you to my black little book.

I only have to click the "I'm not a robot" checkmark when I'm logging in.

Is what kind of recapcha you get dependent on your country or something?

i can't really fathom why an online shop should need any sort of anti bot verification. i remember though having a good laugh when their shop insisted i should disable ad-blockers and stuff to have a better experience. sorrywut???? amazing how these guys really don't get how selling stuff online works. not that i would spend a dime on their vanity junk anyway, so nothing really lost, but ... really frontier ...

I suspect it logs stuff as well. Google probably knows your IP tried that before, and proved you were human, repeatedly. A blacklist/whitelist mechanic makes sense.

Recaptcha usually works amazingly easy (like, I don't even have to click on pictures, Google just knows I'm not a robot and that checkbox is enough)

I get the pictures quite often. Never sure whether a sign post counts as a sign or not so it ends up taking forever.

i can't really fathom why an online shop should need any sort of anti bot verification. i remember though having a good laugh when their shop insisted i should disable ad-blockers and stuff to have a better experience. sorrywut???? amazing how these guys really don't get how selling stuff online works. not that i would spend a dime on their vanity junk anyway, so nothing really lost, but ... really frontier ...

You think this recaptcha is bad, you should see my county's online property tax payment system. I get the recaptcha just before hitting submit, you know, after I've entered my parcel number, personal information that needs to match the tax records, and then either a credit card # (including verification code) or a bank account and routing number. Do they think some bot is going to pay my property taxes for me?

Last edited:

It does some fancy google-fu algorithm-thing to judge your "risk" of being a bot when you click the checkbox. Low enough risk, and it doesn't ask for the pictures. I wonder if those who keep getting it a lot are frequent cache-cleaners or something (using Private Browsing a lot, etc).

Frankly, if Google thinks someone might be a bot to the degree that it shows them pictures to identify, and they fail that as well, then I'm also suspicious of their humanity. Question to you frequent-failers: Do you eat food, or do you charge your batteries? :D

I get the damn pictures every bloody time!
I hates it my precioussss I hates it....

And yes, it often does put me off buying.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: Imo
It does some fancy google-fu algorithm-thing to judge your "risk" of being a bot when you click the checkbox. Low enough risk, and it doesn't ask for the pictures. I wonder if those who keep getting it a lot are frequent cache-cleaners or something (using Private Browsing a lot, etc).

Frankly, if Google thinks someone might be a bot to the degree that it shows them pictures to identify, and they fail that as well, then I'm also suspicious of their humanity. Question to you frequent-failers: Do you eat food, or do you charge your batteries? :D

You're on to something there. I don't let google set tracking cookies, so they are punishing me with recaptcha.

I get the pictures a lot for any website that uses recaptcha, which is annoying. More so because the pictures are sometimes ludicrously questionable, especially the "store front" ones: These can be the most obscured, distant, almost pixalated pictures imaginable, and I often have no clue what I am even looking at, let alone whether it is a store front or not.

I use NoScript and clear everything on browser exit, which is not at all friendly to Google's profiling, and this might explain the frequent photo id parades that I get :)

same here. noscript, adblocker, social media blocker, en history clearing.

I'm using Ghostery (blocking all Google analytics and tracking, social media plugins, etc) Adblock Plus to sweep out the rest AND NordVPN
Still I haven't had problems with capcha in months.

Are you sure you're not a robot?

*direct the hate at you. I study computer science and this means I can't solve any captcha. Since I am not waiting for the new pictures to appear I always click continue since I clicked all pictures that fall under the lrovided category.
Or traffic lights, do you count the metal bars or only the lights itself?
Such an annoying task. I bet google lens will be able to solve it 100% one day.

Anyhow. Good thing to know I can go directly to the store via the gamr.

Top Bottom