Frontier's 24 Hour Charity Livestream 2017

Ed & Bo, you guys are superstars for doing this!

I will of course tune in during the event and make a donation for all the hard work both of you have put in over the year on our behalf. Without you Frontiers games would not be as interesting or entertaining.

Good Luck!

Great job - well done - I look forward to dipping in and out as time allows.

I still have my Special-Effect paint-job from last year permanently plastered onto my Sidewinder!

Is the paint-job just for the Sidey again, or a different/all ship(s)? I'm not worried, just interested!

I hope it's Group so the sociopaths can't ruin it [haha]

Ow, I'm off on those days. I was thinking to go 'there' at least for a moment.

But I suppose if there are people who ruin charity event then maybe better to have it in a private group.

Last edited:
INCOMING MISSION CRITICAL MESSAGE

se1.png

Last year, the folks at SpecialEffect issued a special mission to Commanders asking them to provide a shot of their SpecialEffect Sidewinder (that’s the Sidewinder in the SpecialEffect colours that Frontier kindly gave away as part of last year’s Christmas Livestream).

The winning shot, that you can see here, was taken by the epic Peter Wotherspoon of the Hutton Orbital Truckers. It was used in SpecialEffect social media relating to Frontier and the Elite community and on their banner stands.

This year, they’re looking for their ‘Elite Image for 2018’.

SPECIALEFFECT PHOTOGRAPHIC JOB

• Locate ONE image of one of your ships that you’d like to submit for the competition.
  • Deadline: 4th December
  • Deliver image to SpecialEffect by emailing it to elite@specialeffect.org.uk
  • Please include your name, your Commander name and your group if you are part of one (e.g. Hutton Orbital Truckers)
  • You will receive a reward if you are chosen as the winner.Good luck Commander o7

If you are the winner, we will announce it on the Frontier Livestream on 11/12 December. We will contact you by email to let you know you’ve been successful and get an address to send your prize.If you are not using the SpecialEffect paintjob or decal, we WILL superimpose the decal on your ship. The easier that is for us to do, the more chance you have of winning. Nice clear shots where we can show the decal would be ideal. The ultimate winner may have a better chance if they trackdown a fellow commander with the decal or paintjob and grab an action shot of them!

Any volunteers as “models” in their Specialeffect livery, put your hands up now!It is important to note that because Baz Floyd of SpecialEffect is a Hutton Orbital Trucker, he will not be on the judging panel.The judges’ decision will be final and non-negotiable.

Last edited:
Two questions.

1) do we have to have the Special Effect paintjob/decal to qualify (how did we get that? I watched last years stream but don't recall getting any special paintjobs/decals)

2) what does the following mean?

[/LIST]

1. you don't HAVE to, but they reserve the right to photoshop the decal in. If you can find someone who has the decal and photo them, that's second best to having it already. The skins and decals have been given away to charity donators for the last couple of years. They won't rule out someone who doesn't have the skin or decal... but ideally having it in shot would be excellent. might be worth PM-ing Mr WOtherspoon and asking if he wants to be your stand-in photo model for the competition (or other people that have it!)

2. It (in Baz speak) means SEND IT VIA EMAIL (he wrote it)

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Unless I've missed something along the way the only paintjob we have ever had is for the Sidewinder. I know the picture I want to use already, but I don't have the decal on my ship as it was taken before the decals were made available. I'm guessing that if you used an Asp (for example) then you'd only be putting the decal on it, because otherwise you stand the possibility of having to superimpose the paintjob for every type of ship, which would be a lot of work...

So... I have a photo I want to use of my Asp and then I'll also include a separate photo of my Asp, with the decal on the ship. Does that sound right?

Really? Interesting. Should I be able to get one for doing this?

He means donating to the charity streams :) Last year you got a decal for donating during a certain timeframe (or for everyone... my memory is hazy), as I said above though the skins were for Sidewinder only.

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Am I right to assume that this year both channels (ED&Planet) will be mixed and both Bo & Ed will be together?

I did ask that question in the second reply but didn't get an answer. I'll assume from a later reply to someone else that they will be.

Supposedly the Sidewinder paintjobs were given for people who donated and you would receive a code via email. I must assume I did not hit the minimum donation threshold.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Supposedly the Sidewinder paintjobs were given for people who donated and you would receive a code via email. I must assume I did not hit the minimum donation threshold.

I don't believe that for a second :p

From the thread last year

Special Effect Paint Job

As if the awesome raffle and prizes aren’t enough, we’ve also got a very special incentive for anyone that donates to this fantastic cause. If you donate £6/€7/$7.5 or more in a single donation, you’ll be eligible for this fantastic, unique SpecialEffect Sidewinder paint job AND decal! You will still keep the same number of raffle tickets into the prize draw too so there’s twice the reason to get involved!

Please note: Make sure you add your email address when donating so that we can contact you for your prizes. The paint job and decal will be sent via a redemption code to all eligible donators after the event ends.

Will anyone be playing ED on PS4 in Open during this? I want to get a selfie with Ed Lewis (or anyone from Frontier for that matter).

Top Bottom