Frontier's Annual Results have been published (June 2018 to May 2019), showing a record year and Elite passing 3 million basegame sales

Oh Thanx !

Interesting... According to that; 825 sales = -17.5% growth, but 1180 sales is a +43% growth...

I'm dying to see that explained.. Do we have any accountants in the house?

And do unit sales include Horizons, and are they individual sales. ie; If I buy Elite then buy Horizons, is that 2 sales?
um - 825 being -17.5% means that the previous result (not shown) was down from 1000?
(1180/825)*100 = 143

It depends what the Unit Sales represents. It ranges in that image from 825,000 to 1,180,000 and hovers around the 1,000,000 level for the next few years. So it's presumably an estimate of current units, not refunded or inactive. What it is that causes a reduction I'm not sure - estimates of reductions and increases in active players perhaps.

The %growth is based on those unit numbers, hence the 43% increase from 825,000 to 1,180,000, and -19.5% reducing to 950,000.

With that I think you already answered your own strawman. Hopefully you can now actually get back on track and address the information availability and discount issue that has been pointed out to you several times already.
I'm not sure an issue around information availability or discount issue (I presume the use of investment terminology is in error) has been pointed out to me. Care to explain?

I'm not sure this hostile and confrontational manner befits someone who is supposed to facilitate respectful discussion. You're supposed to moderate. Thus far your's has been the only unpleasant tone I've encountered in this thread.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
I'm not sure an issue around information availability or discount issue (I presume the use of investment terminology is in error) has been pointed out to me. Care to explain?
I was referring to discounting (as in taking account of) already known information in discussions about share price behaviour. A principle that someone in the trading business should be quite familiar with unless that someone willfully decides to ignore it.

That principle, and how it would apply to your comments about the 4th September news discussion (given all pre-existing, quite accurate, FY2019 result estimates from months ago and from different sources, including FDEV itself), has already been pointed out to you several times, not just by me, in previous posts.

Last edited:
I was referring to discounting (as in taking account of) already known information in discussions about share price behaviour. A principle that someone in the trading business should be quite familiar with unless that someone willfully decides to ignore it.

That principle, and how it would apply to your comments about the 4th September news discussion (given all pre-existing, quite accurate, FY2019 result estimates from months ago and from different sources, including FDEV itself), has already been pointed out to you several times, not just by me, in previous posts.
You'll have to forgive me as I'm not following. What information was already known and why should we discount it from a discussion about share price behaviour? As far as I recall, I mentioned that despite the recent financial results, the share price fell. My view is that it fell due to forecasted earnings that are low relative to the share price (and provided some metrics). I'm not really sure what you're suggesting should be discounted.

Apologies if I'm being pedantic about use of 'trading'. I think of that as one part of the investment process. I realise people might be using that term instead of investing.

I think perhaps what you are misunderstanding is that regardless of historic earnings, investors care more about projected earnings. Incidentally, I have seen gripes on forums from (admittedly anonymous) shareholders regarding the fact despite reasonably strong earnings, there is no dividend being paid. I'm not really sure why they aren't distributing a dividend but it seems an odd decision.

Last edited:

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
I presume you are referring to the 2020(e) sales element in the first chart of your link? Please confirm.

The information in that 3rd party site did not originate at FDEV’s Unaudited Annual Results release on September 4th though. Where do you think it could have actually come from in the first place? And most importantly, when?

Last edited:
For those of you looking for sound financial advice, I offer my services.

My Credentials;
I am independent.
My opinions are my own.
I am not registered.
I have no training or experience.
But like those FAs with oudles of training and decades (and centuries for some Company's) of experience, I did not see the financial crisis coming either
(actually I did, I just didn't know when, the crows would come home to roost)

Also...
It is perfectly possible that the share price fell as a result of those wishing to cash in on their good investment strategy, selling their shares on mass....just saying.

Last edited:
I presume you are referring to the 2020(e) sales element in the first chart of your link? Please confirm.

The information in that 3rd party site did not originate at FDEV’s Unaudited Annual Results release on September 4th though. Where do you think it could have actually come from in the first place? And most importantly, when?
A combination of Fdev's own forecasts and analysts' forecasts, most likely. I did read Braben said he expects a drop in revenue. It seems legit. I'm not really looking to do a blow by blow analysis. The numbers and metrics are available in the public domain.

For those of you looking for sound financial advice, I offer my services.

My Credentials;
I am independent.
My opinions are my own.
I am not registered.
I have no training or experience.
But like those FAs with oudles of training and decades (and centuries for some Company's) I did not see the financial crisis coming either
(actually I did, I just didn't know when, the crows would come home to roost)

Also...
It is perfectly possible that the share price fell as a result of those wishing to cash in on their good investment strategy, selling their shares on mass....just saying.
Actually, a lot of people did see the crisis coming. A lot of people made money on it. FA's tell you where to put your savings. They wouldn't have the faintest idea about synthetic collateralized debt obligations or tiered structured mortgage securities underpinned by sub-prime debt. You need to know who to talk to.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
The numbers and metrics are available in the public domain.
Indeed. But the most relevant question for this discussion is since when are those in the public domain. If you still do not know I can post some relevant links later this evening.

Actually, a lot of people did see the crisis coming. A lot of people made money on it. FA's tell you where to put your savings. They wouldn't have the faintest idea about synthetic collateralized debt obligations or tiered structured mortgage securities underpinned by sub-prime debt. You need to know who to talk to.
You're not actually defending them, are you?

Also, seeing it coming and getting out so as not to lose, isn't making money.

Last edited:
Top Bottom