Frontier's ED Community Manager Replacement?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Helps if you put a /s. Sometimes its hard to tell with people around here.
Intent of Post: This post is factual and is not sarcastic not derogatory :D

Really, are people that dense here that things like that have to be spelled out for them? I thought just the tone, plus my other posts in this thread would have been a fair indication of my stance on the issue. But whatever, from now on I will prefix every post with the intent of the post, just so everyone knows :D

Really, are people that dense here that things like that have to be spelled out for them? I thought just the tone, plus my other posts in this thread would have been a fair indication of my stance on the issue. But whatever, from now on I will prefix every post with the intent of the post, just so everyone knows :D

More like, some people actually say things like you said and are serious about it.

More like, some people actually say things like you said and are serious about it.
Intent of Post: This post is factual

Well since I have been called a white knight since joining the forums, I think me raging against a couple of poor CM's would be very much against character!

No I will leave character assassinations like that to the OP thank you very much.

Community Manager=Thankless Task.

You have to satisfy management (be innovative, timely, friendly, punctual, intelligent, willing to learn, put in more hours than they pay you for, play well with others, avoid office conflict, learn the game, I'm sure there are many more) and here's the kicker, satisfy all those customers who can be less than forgiving over faults, slights and perceived lack of response to their wants and desires.

Wonder what they pay.

Easy peasy, where do I apply?:(

Alator

Banned
Community Manager=Thankless Task.

You have to satisfy management (be innovative, timely, friendly, punctual, intelligent, willing to learn, put in more hours than they pay you for, play well with others, avoid office conflict, learn the game, I'm sure there are many more) and here's the kicker, satisfy all those customers who can be less than forgiving over faults, slights and perceived lack of response to their wants and desires.

Wonder what they pay.

Easy peasy, where do I apply?:(
but I think they leave one by one, because they get bored with streams with a near-zero semantic load over and over again.
and moreover, to see that such streams bother the community as well.
if you look closely, you will probably notice that as a rule those people who are connected specifically with elite leave.

but I think they leave one by one, because they get bored with streams with a near-zero semantic load over and over again.
and moreover, to see that such streams bother the community as well.
if you look closely, you will probably notice that as a rule those people who are connected specifically with elite leave.

I hope that's not the case, because they do a great job at what they do its just they're doing the wrong thing. If they were going for self indulgent time wasting stream content from a video game company, they hit top marks and do it in style. That's just not the community management service people are after. Id suggest the downvotes are because of the content not delivery.

• One roadmap update + community issues stream per month.
  • One educational stream every 2 weeks.. can be at the beginner level even, or even better the development perspective or advanced topics. Dav's Stotts 2 or 3 bgs streams were amazing, same with the astronomy one and sound one. Sure they take would take alot of prep, but don't have to be that regular.

Id be white knighting away complaints myself if we got that. Is is really that hard?

If you read Drew Wagar's books, the Courier is the big beastie 🤔

The reason for that incongruity is that Reclamation was written before ED was released. Ships are thus based on the previous game (Frontier First Encounters) lore for the most part. All I had was a basic ship guide with some early concept art. The Clipper, Cutter, and (ED version) of the Courier had yet to appear.

In the previous game the Courier was a big menacing ship and the Asp was (optionally) an ex military vessel as well as an exploration ship.

This was retconned in ED for reasons that were never explained.

Cheers,

Drew.

Last edited:
This is a Cutter
USCGC_Hamilton_%28WHEC-715%29.jpg

and this is a Courier
Ford%20Transit%20Courier%20(12).JPG

They are easily distinguishable to the trained eye ;)
You didn't put up a picture of the Clipper, so to help cmdrs unfamiliar here's one. It's even got the kit livery!

Capture.JPG

Its funny because its true.

That's also equally true and also funny.

Best forum ever. Rep for all.

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
After discussions within the Moderating team and the CMs appropriate actions have been implemented.

Due to the nature and the tone of the thread, a proportion of some ot the comments and its negativity towards the CM team who had worked very hard in raising an amazing amount of money for Special Effect and in no way deserved to be disparaged after doing such a brilliant job the thread will remain closed.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom