IMPORTANT: Frontier’s Festive Fun and Charity Livestreams!

Yeah ........ "JustGiving" platform not accepting Paypal .......................
Very smart guys, very smart !!!

I'm out then [sad]

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Happy to donate to a worthy cause.

Looking forward to the dtream. :D

I just donated via paypal so it does work for UK based peeps anyway.

Last edited:
I've contacted Just Giving about this; not sure why euros don't have a Paypal option. Have you tried with a debit card?
No I have not tried, and this is why I wanted the paypal option.
During Chris Sawyer's cancer challenge, I was forced to send money via paypal to a trusted member on the forum, and that he pays by using his credit card for me.
I thought it was a temporary bug, but in fact, no, they're just stupid.

We are soon in 2017, and I can not use my paypal account on a web platform specializing in donations. That's crazy ! [wacky]

I give up this platform !

I agree with Angelis, this is a massive pain and I am very reluctant to put my credit card details everywhere on the internet.
There is, of course PayPal, but also Amazon Payments offering this service, I know guys this is not your fault but because of this I am not going to participate.

I will give the same amount I planned (30€) to a charity in France accepting PayPal/Amazon Payments and nevermind for the auction.

For Netherlands only can use credit catd no paypal option :(
Since I don't have that, can't make a donation.. think you miss out alot of donation from EU players..

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Bo, are they not showing the streams split screen? They're not going to make me choose between you and Ed are they... How could I do that [cry]

I blame T.j.

Oh [downcast] and I've just realised that my works Christmas meeting (oh yeah, that's right, no party or meal or anything exciting for us) is on Tuesday, so I'm going to miss the end of the stream... Which is really annoying, especially after last year.

Last edited:

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Hi everyone,

Just Giving got back to me, and they unfortunately don't have a Paypal option integrated at this time.
However, I was told that you can switch your currency to GBP £, which DOES give you the option for Paypal and it will be converted during transfer. So yay, you'll be able to donate money that way, and I hope you all will!

As for the other question: no, you're not told when you are outbit; this is a blind charity auction, so you'll have to take a chance and bid as high as you think it's worth :)

And Ozric, I'm afraid it is two separate streams, but we will have as many crossovers together as possible :) <3

Bo, are they not showing the streams split screen? They're not going to make me choose between you and Ed are they... How could I do that [cry]

If they were both on Twitch this is possible but I guess Bo's stream will be on Youtube, Ed's possibly on his Twitch channel. Fortunately having multiple monitors occasionally comes in handy [up]

Last edited:
You could just open two browser windows and split screen on one monitor yourself though? It wouldn't be any different to them doing the split screen for you.

Not sure of the particular problem/issue with that here, or if you have a tablet, stream one on that and one on your PC?

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
And Ozric, I'm afraid it is two separate streams, but we will have as many crossovers together as possible :) <3

It's OK I knew it would be, there's obviously a crossover between the communities but for the most part the PC crowd would probably just be bemused by the strangeness going on, on the other stream [haha]

It's alright I'll just keep popping in to say hi and try to keep you from going too crazy (sssh don't tell Ed, I'll be watching him all the time obviously ;))

Get some practice in as around 4am it's gonna start hitting you.

If they were both on Twitch this is possible but I guess Bo's stream will be on Youtube, Ed's possibly on his Twitch channel. Fortunately having multiple monitors occasionally comes in handy [up]

Can't see why it wouldn't be possible on youtube either, but I didn't really expect it as it would be a nightmare to try and pay attention to and each game has a big enough following to warrant a separate stream. I imagine both of them will be on Youtube though, but two monitors would still be hard for your brain to try and separate the streams, just have to keep choosing which stream to mute ;)

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

You could just open two browser windows and split screen on one monitor yourself though? It wouldn't be any different to them doing the split screen for you.

Not sure of the particular problem/issue with that here, or if you have a tablet, stream one on that and one on your PC?

It's not an actual issue.

Amazing how the set up for a joke (which has quite clearly gone over the head of most people here) can get taken so out of context.

Last edited:

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
@Ozric The 2 seperate streams are not my fault....

Looking forward to watching Ed & Bo especially when the sleep deprivation kicks in on Ed. :D

I- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

It's not an actual issue.

Amazing how the set up for a joke (which has quite clearly gone over the head of most people here) can get taken so out of context.

Sorry just doesn't read as a joke but an actual question and that even the dev thought so to reply. Sorry but context was not obvious.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
@Ozric The 2 seperate streams are not my fault....

Looking forward to watching Ed & Bo especially when the sleep deprivation kicks in on Ed. :D

I'm not saying Brett told me to say it...

But yes sleep deprived Ed is something I'm looking forward to again.

Sorry just doesn't read as a joke but an actual question and that even the dev thought so to reply. Sorry but context was not obvious.

I think Bo replied because she knew it was a tongue in cheek comment, but it really doesn't matter. I've often been told I'm not funny [big grin]

Top Bottom