IMPORTANT: Frontier’s Festive Fun and Charity Livestreams!

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
I knew it was a joke lovie! Ed says he will be slightly upset if you pick my stream over his :p

Both streams will be on their respective YouTube channel.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I knew it was a joke lovie! Ed says he will be slightly upset if you pick my stream over his :p

Both streams will be on their respective YouTube channel.

Nooooo, you told him.... Our secret is out now Bo (looks around nervously) [where is it] You know I love you Ed.

Last edited:
Just wondering, will the winners of the charity stream giveaway be announced elsewhere (e.g. here) after the stream in case they miss it? My sleep schedule is awful so I probably won't be up to see the end :p

I know the stream'll probably be uploaded, but if it's 24 hours it's going to take a seriously long time to appear on the channel.

Last edited:
Ed is handsome.
Bo is adorable.

tenor.gif

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Just wondering, will the winners of the charity stream giveaway be announced elsewhere (e.g. here) after the stream in case they miss it? My sleep schedule is awful so I probably won't be up to see the end :p

I know the stream'll probably be uploaded, but if it's 24 hours it's going to take a seriously long time to appear on the channel.

Hiya!
All the winners of the auction have been contacted directly by Zac :) I might do an after-stream update article, but it's right before our Christmas break so most of the team will be off.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator

The problem that they had last year is that Youtube doesn't like uploading videos longer than 12 hours. They split the stream into two 12 hours sections, but because the second half ran over it couldn't be uploaded, which was a real shame.

@Bo Can I make a suggestion and this year, would it be an idea to restart the stream just before you announce all the winners of both the auction and the raffle? That way you can guarantee that you will at least be able to upload all the winners, and hopefully the rest too.

The problem that they had last year is that Youtube doesn't like uploading videos longer than 12 hours. They split the stream into two 12 hours sections, but because the second half ran over it couldn't be uploaded, which was a real shame.

@Bo Can I make a suggestion and this year, would it be an idea to restart the stream just before you announce all the winners of both the auction and the raffle? That way you can guarantee that you will at least be able to upload all the winners, and hopefully the rest too.

Or they can split the segment out accordingly and upload separate.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Can they? I don't think so because they're streaming to Youtube and the stream gets automatically uploaded (archived) once you stop streaming.

They can always record it for themselves and edit + upload the recording later.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
They can always record it for themselves and edit + upload the recording later.

Yes they could, but considering they're going to stop the stream after 12 hours to restart it for the second half (just like they did last year), they may as well just stop it and restart it before announcing the winners as it will be far easier and involve no messing around.

Yes they could, but considering they're going to stop the stream after 12 hours to restart it for the second half (just like they did last year), they may as well just stop it and restart it before announcing the winners as it will be far easier and involve no messing around.

This is true but it was just another solution and if they are recording it separate and don't realise time etc and it over runs (it will be longer than 24 hours I would think in that it will have the start few mins and an outro section) so they could cut it accordingly in case is all.

But they're not.

Honestly, it doesn't matter, I give up trying to make suggestions to make things easier.

It was only a suggestion. No need to get your knickers in a twist because there are two options. I agreed with you and just stated an alternative/back up option because after doing things for 24 hours of playing a computer game in front of a screen etc you may not function the same and remember to do something like reset the stream at the end of that 24 hour period.

Top Bottom