Ships FSD mods, am i missing something?

I have a Grade 5 FSD with increased FSD range mod with stripped down experimental effect from either Farseer or Palin, but I'm visiting Chloe Sedesi and according to her I'm only showing Grade 3 completed under increased FSD range?? Should I leave well enough alone?

Chloe can only upgrade an FSD to grade 3, so it will not show anything past that when looking at the upgrade screen at her base. You can still go to your right panel or outfitting to inspect your FSD and will show grade 5, if you are there.

Deep Charge gives more range on smaller FSD, but I always go for Mass Manager as MM gives a better total jump range (useful in low scoopable areas).

I do the same, thinking I'm using a little less fuel than with other mods, but I've never tested it. Not too concerned about tenths of light years, which is what it comes down to between MM and DC.

So I decided to run it through Coriolis, and here's my current ship

Mad Hops (DBX)

Using mass manager, this DBX gets an unladen jump range of 64.56 light years and a total range of 450.73. That's 7 full range jumps and I'm not sure I can do that on a single tank, but let's just roll with what Coriolis is showing.

If I swap it to Deep Charge, it actually drops the jump to 64.54, a difference of just .02 on this C5 FSD. But the total unladen range drops to 396.63, a difference of 54.1 light years. What I don't know is if Coriolis is accurate, but if it is, mass manager basically buys another jump on a single tank over deep charge.

So I decided to run it through Coriolis, and here's my current ship

Mad Hops (DBX)

Using mass manager, this DBX gets an unladen jump range of 64.56 light years and a total range of 450.73. That's 7 full range jumps and I'm not sure I can do that on a single tank, but let's just roll with what Coriolis is showing.

If I swap it to Deep Charge, it actually drops the jump to 64.54, a difference of just .02 on this C5 FSD. But the total unladen range drops to 396.63, a difference of 54.1 light years. What I don't know is if Coriolis is accurate, but if it is, mass manager basically buys another jump on a single tank over deep charge.
Class 5 is the break even point, so there should be very little difference there - as you saw. Your point about fuel efficiency is well-made; my thread only considered maximum range for a single jump (it does point out to pick Mass Manager for class 5 for better economy).

Out of curiosity, why do have stripped down as the experimental, when mass manager/deep charge normally give better range?
While those are usually the go-to mods I do use stripped down on exactly one of my ships. It is engineered specifically for high speed in normal space rather than jump range. It is basically a 3A enhanced thruster with a cockpit ...

Top Bottom