Community Event / Creation [Fuel Rats Community Goal] The Big Jump.

I've gone on holiday by mistake and won't be back until tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I'm currently parked at Jaques.

a) I REALLY hope he doesn't jump with me still on board (if anyone sees a battered yellow Python could they just shoot the docking clamps or something and nudge me out of the letterbox)

b) has anyone managed to claim their Jaques reward yet?

Javert

Volunteer Moderator
I've gone on holiday by mistake and won't be back until tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I'm currently parked at Jaques.

a) I REALLY hope he doesn't jump with me still on board (if anyone sees a battered yellow Python could they just shoot the docking clamps or something and nudge me out of the letterbox)

b) has anyone managed to claim their Jaques reward yet?

First off, they have already said that Jaques will not carry passengers on this trip, so I would guess that you will just be left behind in space or moved back to your previous location.

Yes I claimed the reward yesterday.

My guess is that Jaques won't move until 2.1 goes live (or at least a minor update is put in). I think they have to bring the servers down to move a station (at least this used to be the case). If I remember correctly they can move a planet base without bringing the servers down but not a station or outpost. Correct me if I'm wrong on that anyone.

Its a shame if Jaques doesn't take people, but I can kind of see the Devs being able to make an interesting story of how Jaques didn't arrive at the destination and we need to look for him (obviously the station takes damage in the move so communications are down).

If the only reason people aren't been taken is because some people might be docked that don't want to end up the other side of the galaxy with a ship that isn't capable of getting back, the simple answer is to do a test jump to somewhere close chucking everyone out, and then do the real jump a few days later and those that want to go along can dock again at the new location. It might be worth warning people in the details of where he has moved too that in order to be able to travel back under your own hydrogen, you will need a ship capable of jumping at least ... ly. It might also be nice if Jaques had some sort of itinerary like he will be staying there for a week and then jumping somewhere else like Sagittarius.

PS I've also docked at Jaques in the hope of go along. Hopefully I'm not going to get stuck, my current range is 32.5 which I think is a bit low and may need to use a few injections of jumponioum

Last edited:
I
If the only reason people aren't been taken is because some people might be docked that don't want to end up the other side of the galaxy with a ship that isn't capable of getting back, the simple answer is to do a test jump to somewhere close chucking everyone out.

I think the real reason is some would load up on weapons and get their kicks killing those that have journeyed all the way out there legitimately.

That said I've parked my test account there to see what happens. Probably not much but I'd still like to know how FD handle it.

Hello fellow gamers. I must say that I am most impressed with the Fuel Rats. To me the so-called community goal ideas are an oxymoron. But you have pulled it off. Congratulations to you all. I am a no name player from many months ago. I failed the humor test when I had been repeatedly interrupted in my game play as I was learning this game. Seems some sort of very enthusiastic other person player thought it was funny to nerf newbies. Repeatedly. I quickly realized why NASA would never accept some people for the Mars mission, no matter how talented and smart they were. or thought they were. I made a resolution I would wait a year and see if the servers were still up. The drop in players for the game is happening for obvious reasons IMHO. Perhaps there isn't such a target rich environment as there used to be. Anyway, kudo's to the Fuel Rats. Community may yet be a possibility. It didn't look as if the programmers were likely to do anything, and I'm not far from wrong. I have 3 more months before I restart the learning curve, courtesy of the socially challenged among us.

Hello fellow gamers. I must say that I am most impressed with the Fuel Rats. To me the so-called community goal ideas are an oxymoron. But you have pulled it off. Congratulations to you all. I am a no name player from many months ago. I failed the humor test when I had been repeatedly interrupted in my game play as I was learning this game. Seems some sort of very enthusiastic other person player thought it was funny to nerf newbies. Repeatedly. I quickly realized why NASA would never accept some people for the Mars mission, no matter how talented and smart they were. or thought they were. I made a resolution I would wait a year and see if the servers were still up. The drop in players for the game is happening for obvious reasons IMHO. Perhaps there isn't such a target rich environment as there used to be. Anyway, kudo's to the Fuel Rats. Community may yet be a possibility. It didn't look as if the programmers were likely to do anything, and I'm not far from wrong. I have 3 more months before I restart the learning curve, courtesy of the socially challenged among us.

I generally don't have a problem with the children who like to spoil other people's game play but then again I typically play after their bedtime. But if this continues to be a source of irritation for you then you could always join the many thousands of sociable players in the mobius group.

Last edited:

2.2 is looking mighty fine, and I don't know about player numbers dropping... The Rats are as active as ever, if not more. Anyway, who cares about others if the game is enough to keep you happy ?

I generally don't have a problem with the children who like spoil other people's game play but then again I typically play after their bedtime. But if this continues to be a source of irritation for you then you could always join the many thousands of sociable players in the mobius group.

Or any other group focused on PvE like Kamzel, Fleetcomms... Or play Solo until you're in a good place.

Top Bottom