Fuel Scoop engineer upgrades useless?

Am I the only one thinking that the only available Fuel Scoop engineer upgrade - "Integrity" is completely useless?

I didn't notice this upgrade until recently I saw it and got excited ( Fuel scoop is among few things you absolutely must have to explore the galaxy properly, and I'm the explorer by trade). When I look it up on INARA imagine my frustration. Like, I'm an Elite explorer, I was doing it for pretty long time and do I miss something? Why would I need Integrity boost by the cost of increased Power draw?

Ok, it's not for explorers, you can say, and you will be 100% right. But is is usefull for combat ships with Fuel Scoops? i have one in my combat Anaconda, but I don't see any reasons for me to bother with this upgrade. Nobody would target my fuel scoop subsystem as a primary target and if they do (why?!) I don;t really give a damn if it's broken. The possible situation when I came somewhere far to fight, and was utterly low on fuel (didn't scoop when I jupmed into system either, or the star was unscoopable), so I was not be able to jump anywhere without scooping is nonsensicle! And then again, I would rather use these couple of Megawatts on something much more usefull instead.

What did I think about those upgrades before cheking them out? Well, obviously!
- Lower Power draw by the cost of smth (less fuel/sec, increased mass)
- Higher fuel/sec value by the cost of mass or power draw
-Lower mass after all!

But none of them are available.

Do I miss something? May someone enlighten me, please?

Sounds like when they first introduced the utility blueprints.

It was all lightweight or integrity, as fuel scoops have no weight, its just integrity.

This is evidently the easiest to do as it's a basic stat everything has.

With the utilites, they eventually added more useful ones, such as more limpets/heat sinks etc.

I guess they will add fuel scooping speed or heat disspation or, something, later.

Pretty silly even bothering though, just do it properly first, why mess with useless junk like this?

- Lower Power draw by the cost of smth (less fuel/sec, increased mass)
- Higher fuel/sec value by the cost of mass or power draw
-Lower mass after all!

But none of them are available.

You cant reduce the mass of a module that has zero mass. I guess they didn't want to mess with fuel flow rates, would likely alter the balance with the current scoops.. Only the devs know.

Current advantage to those blue prints is a strengthened module, or in my case a blueprint that I can use to fast track to LVL-4 without wasting materials.

You cant reduce the mass of a module that has zero mass. I guess they didn't want to mess with fuel flow rates, would likely alter the balance with the current scoops.. Only the devs know.

Current advantage to those blue prints is a strengthened module, or in my case a blueprint that I can use to fast track to LVL-4 without wasting materials.

Yeah, overlooked this moment, sry. As for the rest - agreed.

They should have a lightweight upgrade.... oh weight.... never mind.

But increased scoop rate might be nice, so you could get the performance of a 6A while only using a size 5 slot perhaps.

Last edited:
The only upgrade I can ever imagine applying to a scoop would be some kind of increased flow and even then I would use it on exactly one item - the class 4A scoop on my DBX.

I agree with you.

Has anyone actually used this blue print ?

Its mostly for people who will mod everything on general principle. Never heard of an explorer who lost his fuel scoop due to low integrity...

The only upgrade I can ever imagine applying to a scoop would be some kind of increased flow and even then I would use it on exactly one item - the class 4A scoop on my DBX.

'increased scoop rate at the cost of more heat'

and

'decreased scoop rate at the advantage of less heat'.

Some ships need cooler scopes, others need faster ones. :)

I only use it as an extra 1-400 module integrity for emergency reboot/repair.
It actually saved my Conda twice during the heathound meta. Once with my DBX too after I did something stupid I don't want to talk aboot...

Deleted member 38366

D
To me it seems the Reinforced Fuel Scoop is basically about as useful as a Shielded Refinery or a Reinforced Docking Computer would, if we had Blueprints for the DC.

IMHO it belongs to the Group of "we needed some generic Blueprints on Items for Professions we don't care one bit about, so we came up with these placebos during a 5min break at the office cantina".

Fuel Scoop and Refinary BPs are the most boring and unspired things the game has to offer.

There are so many values that could get tweaked, but integrity?

Top Bottom