Full 4K support (future proof)

I have read somewhere that Planet Coaster is a long term (I don't have the link where it has been said) project and it will be supported for a few years. On this moment I'm looking for a new monitor, maybe 4K.

But I would like if Planet Coaster will be future proof with full 4K graphics.

I have read somewhere that Planet Coaster is a long term (I don't have the link where it has been said) project and it will be supported for a few years. On this moment I'm looking for a new monitor, maybe 4K.

This would be so cool! I'm probably going to buy an 4k display. I find a "cheap" one on Ebay. But this is amazing because the game comes out at the end of the year and I have the feeling that 4k is sort of default at that time.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I would love that too! Imagine you can look at your parks in ultra high definition. That would be wonderful, and extra enjoyable for all of the art that will be in Planet Coaster! [heart]

Last edited:

I was thinking to buy this beast LG 34UM95C 3440 x 1440 pixels 21:9 (ultrawide) IPS
In 4/5 weeks i hope we got all the info we need.

errr... i'm a bit shocked that this is uncertain.
i've played almost every game i have in 4k for several years (and recently, 2 x 4k), is there some doubt as to whether Planet Coaster will be able to handle 4k???? that would be very disappointing.

Harbinger

Volunteer Moderator
Don't see why not, Elite: Dangerous supports 4K (and has an additional 4x multiplier for super high-res screenshots) and Planet Coaster is running on the same engine.

All of Frontier's promotional banners etc. are printed from these super high-res screenshots. IIRC they bump it up to 32K resolutions and then have to downscale the quality because the printers can't even handle such high resolutions.

yeah i dont think people understand that generally with pc games, most all resolutions that exist at the time are supported, and depending on how they are developed even resolutions that dont exist at the time (natively), there are some older games you can go back and play that support 1920x1080 when it wasnt even a resolution at the time the game was made.

this is not something that really needs to be asked or discussed, as it will be available, because pc games usually support ANY native resolution that exists at the time or beyond.

the only reason consoles have target resolution is because they have to find a balance of acceptable frame rate and good looking gameplay with 1 type of hardware, PC market hardware is entirely based on your wallet and innovation, so resolution isnt generally a restricted part of the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom