Ships Full laser Anaconda for PvE ?

Hello,
does anyone have a working design for full laser equiped Anaconda for PvE material collection ? I designed something like this:

but the Power distributor seems to be a limiting factor. Anyone have a better design ?

Basically, I want to be able to shoot NPCs as long as possible (so no ammo needed) and I want a lot of limpets (to collect the materials).

You could use efficient pulse lasers or burst lasers. They draw less distributor power. Maybe a 50/50 pulse/beam loadout is a good compromise?

My mining Anaconda mainly uses lasers. Besides the two class 2 mining lasers I have three class 3 and two class one g5 efficient oversized pulse turrets and one class 4 g5 long range corrosive multucannon.

My trade cutter is packing three class 3 and two class 2 pulse turrets. Plus two class 2 burst turrets. All are g5 efficient oversized.

The key for ships with many lasers is the efficient mods. This greatly reduced power and distributor draw as well as giving you a modest boost to damage.

Hello,
does anyone have a working design for full laser equiped Anaconda for PvE material collection ? I designed something like this:

but the Power distributor seems to be a limiting factor. Anyone have a better design ?

Basically, I want to be able to shoot NPCs as long as possible (so no ammo needed) and I want a lot of limpets (to collect the materials).
I know you're trying to avoid reloads BUT, I highly recommend a small turreted multi-cannon, high capacity/corrosive.
It will speed up kills no end.

I'm playing with different designs on a turreted laser boat with a class 6 fighter bay. I was running a bunch of efficient beam turrets and a huge cannon that all had various thermal experimentals. That worked well because the cannon draws so little capacitor that it was easy to keep everything firing, but I'm trying a mix of focused burst and pulse laser turrets with a huge overcharged PAC... The beam turrets drew too much weapon capacitor so it was tricky to keep enough around for the PAC, but the burst and pulse lasers draw a lot less capacitor and the focused mod makes them better at piercing armor and gives them more range. I also loaded most of them up with scramble spectrum because I had the materials for it. The two side-mounted ones are merely oversized instead, again because that's what I had the mats on hand for. With 4 pips in WEP I can fire forever on my test fires, so on target only mode, I expect I'll have enough to keep the PAC fed.

Drop the chaff. Why? You're huge and already a tough nut to crack.

Last edited:
Thx for advices. After some experiments, I made this:

and it seems to be a very good PvE ship. I am switching the 4A FSD Interdictor with 4D Module Reinforcement when I am not doing missions.
Of course, I will finish the engineering to G5, but it will take some time here in Colonia.

I'd suggest this one:

Slightly over half the credits cost of your most recent design. All pulse laser turrets except the huge hardpoint which is kept as a beam laser with G5 Efficient. Also added 6B fuel scoop and a small AFMU, as well as a G5 reinforced class 7 bi-weave shield for faster recharge. Removed hull armor, put in standard lightweight, upgraded this with heavy-duty and deep plating as well.

Last edited:
Just load it with pulse lasers and one small MC with corrosive. It's not the most fun loadout, but it's very efficient. As to power distributor. I do weapon focused PD on most of my combat ships, which boosts weapon cap and recharge immensely. Allowing to use more pips elsewhere.

That's a lotta beams.
A long-range pulse will give you better damage than an efficient beam at 1.5km for comparable (or superior) distro draw.
Focused is also a good mod to use on small/medium mounts 'cause of dat armour pen and the extra thermal load goes well with thermal vent.

Top Bottom