Ships Full laser Anaconda for PvE ?

Hello,
does anyone have a working design for full laser equiped Anaconda for PvE material collection ? I designed something like this:

but the Power distributor seems to be a limiting factor. Anyone have a better design ?

Basically, I want to be able to shoot NPCs as long as possible (so no ammo needed) and I want a lot of limpets (to collect the materials).

You could use efficient pulse lasers or burst lasers. They draw less distributor power. Maybe a 50/50 pulse/beam loadout is a good compromise?

My mining Anaconda mainly uses lasers. Besides the two class 2 mining lasers I have three class 3 and two class one g5 efficient oversized pulse turrets and one class 4 g5 long range corrosive multucannon.

My trade cutter is packing three class 3 and two class 2 pulse turrets. Plus two class 2 burst turrets. All are g5 efficient oversized.

The key for ships with many lasers is the efficient mods. This greatly reduced power and distributor draw as well as giving you a modest boost to damage.

Hello,
does anyone have a working design for full laser equiped Anaconda for PvE material collection ? I designed something like this:

but the Power distributor seems to be a limiting factor. Anyone have a better design ?

Basically, I want to be able to shoot NPCs as long as possible (so no ammo needed) and I want a lot of limpets (to collect the materials).
I know you're trying to avoid reloads BUT, I highly recommend a small turreted multi-cannon, high capacity/corrosive.
It will speed up kills no end.

I'm playing with different designs on a turreted laser boat with a class 6 fighter bay. I was running a bunch of efficient beam turrets and a huge cannon that all had various thermal experimentals. That worked well because the cannon draws so little capacitor that it was easy to keep everything firing, but I'm trying a mix of focused burst and pulse laser turrets with a huge overcharged PAC... The beam turrets drew too much weapon capacitor so it was tricky to keep enough around for the PAC, but the burst and pulse lasers draw a lot less capacitor and the focused mod makes them better at piercing armor and gives them more range. I also loaded most of them up with scramble spectrum because I had the materials for it. The two side-mounted ones are merely oversized instead, again because that's what I had the mats on hand for. With 4 pips in WEP I can fire forever on my test fires, so on target only mode, I expect I'll have enough to keep the PAC fed.

Drop the chaff. Why? You're huge and already a tough nut to crack.

Last edited:
Thx for advices. After some experiments, I made this:

and it seems to be a very good PvE ship. I am switching the 4A FSD Interdictor with 4D Module Reinforcement when I am not doing missions.
Of course, I will finish the engineering to G5, but it will take some time here in Colonia.

I'd suggest this one:

Slightly over half the credits cost of your most recent design. All pulse laser turrets except the huge hardpoint which is kept as a beam laser with G5 Efficient. Also added 6B fuel scoop and a small AFMU, as well as a G5 reinforced class 7 bi-weave shield for faster recharge. Removed hull armor, put in standard lightweight, upgraded this with heavy-duty and deep plating as well.

Last edited:
Just load it with pulse lasers and one small MC with corrosive. It's not the most fun loadout, but it's very efficient. As to power distributor. I do weapon focused PD on most of my combat ships, which boosts weapon cap and recharge immensely. Allowing to use more pips elsewhere.

That's a lotta beams.
A long-range pulse will give you better damage than an efficient beam at 1.5km for comparable (or superior) distro draw.
Focused is also a good mod to use on small/medium mounts 'cause of dat armour pen and the extra thermal load goes well with thermal vent.

This is my Anaconda loadout for tearing through RES in PVE:

Note that it has 5 G5 efficient beam lasers with thermal vent, and 3 OC multicannons-all hardpoints are gimballed. I dispose of small to medium ships with ease just with the lasers, and use the lasers plus multi cannons to shred other Annies as well as Pythons in HAZ-RES. Note that I don’t use turreted weapons or fighters; the G5 DD thrusters make the Annie nimble enough to battle Vultures and other such ships without these devices and without much difficulty. Best of all, the entire rig cost me just about 440 million credits.

So, even if the build is laser based, I recommend kinetic weapons as well to deal with the large ships (again, this build is PvE only). Hi

There you go. Only changed the lasers

Your current weapon loadout empties the capacitor in 7 seconds (TTD value). This one can keep on firing and also allows for pip control.

Top Bottom