Fungal Life Found on Colonia 3 C A

Coordinates 47.21 -174.16
Discovered by CMDR Alesia

"Animula Spires"

Tall Spires covered with various types of fungal growths resembling those found on Earth and other planets, apparently thriving on the volcanic warmth and minerals around the Silicate Vapour Geysers. Samples of the Life have been turned over to the Colonia Counsel for examination. Pilots are encouraged to not disturb the flora as it is currently unknown how rare these life forms are or how quickly they grow. Any materials gained could be gathered the normal way via prospecting rocks that dot the planet's surface rather then destroying such a rarity.

Photos captured by the Pilot's vehicle cameras are below.

Notes:
- The fungus have a unique sound on the wave scanner, like Vinyl being rubbed/scratched
- The canyon is also narrow, larger ships may be forced to land on the edge and descend in an SRV.
- The Geysers/objects will not be visible unless the pilot is flying under 3.5km Altitude

Geograpic Information:

Awesome find, would you mind reposting into this thread so we can add it to our catalog as well. Or if not you can I add this to that thread.
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...Fumarole-Location-Catalog-and-Data-Collection

again awesome find and thank you

This short video shows the sound made by the wave scanner near these geysers. (the scratchy vinyl sound)
[video=youtube_share;O_yX_k9xK7M]https://youtu.be/O_yX_k9xK7M[/video]

Very nice find Alesia.

This is what I am looking for right now. Gotta love those EBE's :)

Have a big +1 rep (with my thanks)

o7

The same kind of Fungi does give different materials.
The First kind of "Cordycept Growth" gave my Sulpur, the next gave me Carbon.
"Mussedian Seed Pod" gave my Niobium, and "Polypordous Growth" gave me Manganese the second one of those Vanadium.

Last edited:
The same kind of Fungi does give different materials.
The First kind of "Cordycept Growth" gave my Sulpur, the next gave me Carbon.
"Mussedian Seed Pod" gave my Niobium, and "Polypordous Growth" gave me Manganese the second one of those Vanadium.

That's about what I got too. Cordycept's gave super common stuff (Carbon, Iron, Phosphorus, Sulpher), Polypordous gave slightly less common (Manganese, Vanadium), the single seed pod I found gave Niobium.

Last edited:
I found a Bug. The Phloem Excretion turned into a cylindrical canister thingy after shot and turned into a material. Unfortunately i didn't remember what material it was.
AXMXaHM.png

E5qqWYf.png

interesting, that looks like a material cannister like from a cargo rack at a crash site. Bug i would suspect.

I did some work studying the materials on regular geo sites.. there are 4 types of material. Cobble, Crystal Fragments/Cluster and Needle crystals.
These drop materials depending on rarity. Detailed scan of the planet shows which materials drop.
lKnXZmKl.jpg

Cobble dropped Very Common and Common, Fragments dropped Common and Uncommon, Clusters dropped Rare and Needle crystal drops Very rare.
I wonder if the same will apply to the Bio geo sites. looks like there are a few variety of material deposits.
i would imagine there is another type which drops very rares too. If anyone can snap some screenshots of the material types.

Last edited:
Great discovery! Well done.

Send me a write up Alesia and I'll... well, you all know the drill by now. :)

Cheers,

Drew.

Get ready folks! Countdown begins for when the Federation, Empire of Alliance decide to send in a fleet to take over Colonia.

Top Bottom