Future Jurassic World Evolution 2 (The Sequel to Jurassic World Evolution)

It's also "need" because this is a park management game and others like it, such as Planet Zoo, have so much in regards to creativity.

Agree on the point, disagree on the one stating that this is necessarily solved by a sequel. The upcoming DLC likely proves there are still so much more that can be done with JWE. Thus, no 'need' for a sequel.

Moreover, the current game is restricted by the engine used

Wrong. Engine is usually never a problem because even if that were the case, there would be numerous workaround that could be done in order to implement a given thing with reasonable acceptability.

More likely, what you're trying to say is that JWE suffers from processing limitations, all of which stem from it being ported to several consoles. This, and this alone, also makes a delusion from the wish, because not even a newer gen of consoles would be enough to eventually handle what people want.

Frontier have also mentioned that there things they can't due to the engine. So as a result if they were to put these "needs" if would only be possible in a brand new game not the current one.

That's not what I've read but, even if it were true, engime could be updated without too much complication on a real Expansion (capital letter) DLC. This would likely affect savegames, yes, but it would still be your choice to get it or skip it.

Anyway, I've already learnt to not take seriously everything they say. Dinosaur re-sizing, Nublar sand and some other things were supposedly 'impossible', and yet they were eventually implemented. So I don't think any of us can really state what the devs can or cannot do.

It is really likely that a sequel is truly in the works

Why likely? I don't think it's likely for many reasons, the first and main one is that it is too early to think on a sequel, particularly after how badly JWE performed at launch and the bad press it got at first. Yeah, JW3 may be on the way, but all the work and resources an alleged sequel would require would be better spent improving JWE, if only to clean Frontier's name. I don't think anyone would think of buying a sequel after the JWE fiasco. I know I wouldn't, no matter how cool they painted it (they've already did once, not gonna get trapped again).

Also, aside from the leak, there is no other evidence that suggests a sequel being in the work, to my knowledge, and the leak already proved true, but not totally accurate. Also, it spoke of more titles and areas than JWE, so it could very well were refering to anything else.

and that is why I am sending these messages so Frontier can see them early in the development process to be able to incorporate them.

Those messages are fine, but I think we would do wiser to focus on the current game. As I've said, 1993 DLC proves there is still plenty of room to improve the game. Or maybe are you willing to spend another 60 bucks (plus several DLC) for just the same game with a bunch of tweaks?

The "thing" I refer to is Frontier's official announcement to the London Stock exchange in which they said they signed a license to make a game for a "major global IP" that will release in 2021 and in the statement they made reference to the current Evolution. Frontier is a studio that makes /simulation/park management games such as Planet Coaster, Planet Zoo, Jurassic World Evolution and so the only "major global IP" that would work within that framework is the Jurassic Park/World franchise. When they made the first Evolution they didn't have a license per se but simply a one time use from Universal. Now Frontier has a license to make it. In addition in 2021, Jurassic World 3 will release in theaters and Universal would want to capitalize on that and so would Frontier due to the movie being the last in the trilogy. I am not saying Frontier is out for only money but they are a business so they would want to make money, although they are a very caring company about their product and so will do everything to make it the best when they release it.

Mentioning JWE on the same press conference hardly proves anything... Also, even considering they excel at developing tycoon games, why is it beyond them to want to expand their field of work with any other genre?

Italics mine, just to point out, again, that this is far better done via DLC from all points of view....

Also the current game restricts them from incorporating a lot of things and certain levels of things, they can still incorporate some things but they must work within the strict confines of the current game engine, they can't fundamentally change it.

Once more, I repeat what I've already said. It's not the engine, but consoles alone.

And Frontier can fundamentally change the game's core anytime. The game is theirs, after all, they own and got the code, the graphics, the sounds. They can make any change they like via updates and DLC.

Another whole, different questions would be if such changes would be of the liking of everybody AND handleable by consoles....

Dear Frontier Developers,

If you are working on a supposed sequel to Jurassic Evolution, please we should have unlimited creative freedom in regards to terrain/habitat/environment creativity and genetic manipulation creativity. I believe, along with others, that we especially need the unlimited creative freedom in regards to terrain/habitat/environment creativity on the level of Planet Zoo or even greater.

I understand we should be limited in creativity in regards to creating buildings as the Jurassic IP is strict on that, but not the terrain and habitat tools. We should and need to have unlimited creative freedom equal to Planet Zoo, or even better, in terrain and habitat creation tools. Also we should have unlimited creative freedom in the genetic manipulation. The reason we should have unlimited creative freedom in these two areas are because the IP allows for it as you can see through all the footage and lore.

FYI if you don't understand what I mean by terrain and habitat tools and the genetic tools I will describe them below. (NOTE: The level of creative freedom in these areas I have stated and will describe should be unlimited on the level of Planet Zoo, or even better.)

1. Terrain tools: Terrain painting, terraforming, etc.
Habitat tools: Trees/ferns/plants/rocks/waterfalls/lakes etc. from all the various biomes of the world. Also placing these things through other things like Planet Zoo, as in morphing them them the ground and other objects. Ex. placing a tree through a rock.

2. Genetic manipulation: Various dinosaur skins, traits that actually affect the dinosaurs not just boost stats, etc. (Note: I have stated ideas for this area in this thread to have true great genetic manipulation creativity, but again you could have even greater and more ideas to supplement them.)

you say we need a lot of "countless" options. I get that you want as much customizing as possible, but "countless" is expensive.

I also understand where you come from, but I don't think you do know where where we do. PC experience is something completely different to any console. There was a time when JPOG had none of that limits for PC users and that made the game amazing, like, a hundred times more amazing. I know consoles didn't have that, and I'm sorry but I don't think that kind of self-impossed limitation will bring any of us nothing but frustration.

Now, I wouldn't say in JWE can be enjoyed "limitless number of dinosaurs and buildings", because, yeah, you can certainly fill the map with buildings (although they are basically the same ones time and time again; same with dinosaurs) but those artifical map boundaries feel just wrong.

Well said. For the record, I don't want a sequel 😁

I agree. Why make the same exact game when they can just add to the already existing game? But, whatever

I agree. Why make the same exact game when they can just add to the already existing game? But, whatever
it wouldn't be the exact same game. It'll be new and improved. All starts with the foundation. Then the addition of JW3 will give more inspiration along with hype. A lot would be expected from it.

it wouldn't be the exact same game. It'll be new and improved. All starts with the foundation. Then the addition of JW3 will give more inspiration along with hype. A lot would be expected from it.
Yeah, I guess. Either way, we're probably gonna get at least 1 more DLC, whether they stop production or not. If not, we'll obviously we'll get more, but if they stop production, then they'll probably release a final pack as like a going away gift. That's my theory

Top Bottom