FX17 Founders Pass Loot Review

Just wanted to say, since Elite is the only game I play now, if anyone wants my Planet Coaster gift code then just pm me on the forum and you can have it (I hope that's OK, I don't want to break any rules or codes of ambassadorial conduct or anything but I'm just not gonna use it and I'm sure there's someone out there who'd love it).

My big question at the moment is whether or not to take advantage of the Thrustmaster discount code and grab myself a T.16000M Hotas ... have to say I grew quite fond of that stick during the course of the day.

Do it. The Thrustmaster T.16000M is totally worth it.

"I am sure I'm not alone in thinking the catering during the event was poor."

£2.50 for a bottle of water!

We walked out across from the venue into the other building opposite (about 10 steps) to the BT Sports cafe and had a great meal in there for a fiver!

Other than that, it was a great venue.

matt [yesnod]

Last edited:
Non-founders got ... Also looks like we got the same digital stuff (which I was worried we non-founders would not get, so very happy we did).
Sweet. I only checked the ship paint-jobs, but will now have to see about bobbleheads, etc. I did look at the decal, but i think the non-Funders didn't glow and didn't have the word "Emissive" next to it?

Only slight disappointment is i can only have this on one account (i redeemed it on PS4) so my PC account can't have the same loot.

Non-founders got a different T-shirt design which basically was black with "Frontier Expo 17" on the front in white, it looks quite nice too. No stickers, no coin, no business card. The rest seems the same as your bag.

Also looks like we got the same digital stuff (which I was worried we non-founders would not get, so very happy we did).

Non-Founders could get a collectors coin by filling in the feedback form and returning it to the merch desk on the day. It's a nice chunky metal coin, like a challenge coin or similar, not much use other than a memento of the day, but it works pretty well as a memento.

Just wanted to say, since Elite is the only game I play now, if anyone wants my Planet Coaster gift code then just pm me on the forum and you can have it

I'm in the same position. Had Planet Coaster been available on a console, I might have considered buying it, but my PC is solely dedicated to VR. :)

So, I also have a Planet Coaster code if someone would like it. First to PM me will get it, I'll update this post when gone.

EDIT: Now gone.

Last edited:
Has anyone managed to get the Thrustmaster code to work? Wondering if it was a universal error on their part or if they simply ran out of units. If I remember right, the card does say 'subject to availability'.

Sent a msg last night to Thrustmaster about it, they're usually good about responding so will see what they say. Would certainly consider a TCS 16000M HOTAS to replace my Hotas X after trying it out with the VR setup at the Expo.

Missed the request to return the feedback form to the desk, so no coin for me. That said, it would have just gathered dust in a cupboard unless FD are planning to introduce their own currency at some point :D

I had a standard pass but was handed three drinks vouchers by staff for some reason, lucky me hehe. But I couldn't stay late so had the one and distributed the remainder to fellow Canonneers. One for all, and all that!

Has anyone managed to get the Thrustmaster code to work? Wondering if it was a universal error on their part or if they simply ran out of units. If I remember right, the card does say 'subject to availability'.

Sent a msg last night to Thrustmaster about it, they're usually good about responding so will see what they say. Would certainly consider a TCS 16000M HOTAS to replace my Hotas X after trying it out with the VR setup at the Expo.

Missed the request to return the feedback form to the desk, so no coin for me. That said, it would have just gathered dust in a cupboard unless FD are planning to introduce their own currency at some point :D

I had a standard pass but was handed three drinks vouchers by staff for some reason, lucky me hehe. But I couldn't stay late so had the one and distributed the remainder to fellow Canonneers. One for all, and all that!

The Thrustmaster discount code seems to have a bug going around with it. Especially in relation to the Xbox One HOTAS, which is currently sitting on the Thrustmaster store unbuyable. At least in relation to the latter, Thrustmaster have responded that the bug should be resolved in the next 3 hours. I really hope this includes the bug with the FX17 discount code.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Non-Founders could get a collectors coin by filling in the feedback form and returning it to the merch desk on the day. It's a nice chunky metal coin, like a challenge coin or similar, not much use other than a memento of the day, but it works pretty well as a memento.

Heh, I had no idea probably like most people, oh well (did it say on the feedback thing?). Missed that one. :)

The Thrustmaster discount code seems to have a bug going around with it. Especially in relation to the Xbox One HOTAS, which is currently sitting on the Thrustmaster store unbuyable. At least in relation to the latter, Thrustmaster have responded that the bug should be resolved in the next 3 hours. I really hope this includes the bug with the FX17 discount code.

Ah sure, thanks - in which case, fingers crossed the expo code will work by this eve [up]

Ship skin worked for me, but I get the same error as on page 2 when trying to apply the holo me outfit.

Cheers,

Drew.

Hmm, I wonder if when I finally dock I will have issues with the ship skins. I activated my code through holo-me since i'm at Beagle and can't land.

Can someone try testing their code via the holo-me buy game extras, perhaps it activates separately on both?

Non-Founder, Holo-Me suit applied, and saved to new slot just fine :cool:

Also have Sir DB OBE staring back at me, which is a bit frightening at times...

Top Bottom