FYI: Research Limpets broken again

Lots of bugs coming up:

Megaship looting still broken like in the beta - so no more than thargoid probes from them
Thargoid bases no longer need unlocking, just walk in
Tissue samples flagged as illegal (may be just a UI issue)

The sampling success rate on Cyclops seems much lower than 50%, I struggled to get any tonight. ofc the servers are unhappy so maybe that is the issue (they seemed ok yesterday when I failed to get any, but in that case I was preferring the rarer 'goids as I assumed Cyclops would be plentiful - oh how wrong I was :) )

@Factabulous I care! Seriously I'm giving this my first go and watched your old Youtube video attached to the Cannon Resaerch entry on tissue sampling. I'm finding all the NHSS (5,6) I jump into are only populated by agressive scouts and that at the PTK-179, Electra 6 non interceptors spawned on about 4 or 5 jumps in. Are you finding this is all working correctly?

@Factabulous I care! Seriously I'm giving this my first go and watched your old Youtube video attached to the Cannon Resaerch entry on tissue sampling. I'm finding all the NHSS (5,6) I jump into are only populated by agressive scouts and that at the PTK-179, Electra 6 non interceptors spawned on about 4 or 5 jumps in. Are you finding this is all working correctly?
Sounds about right, contents of nhss and spawns at megaships updated when scouts were added. The distress call at Delphi 6 is better for interceptors now, scouts are very rare/missing there. I guess I need to update that guide (y)

Sounds about right, contents of nhss and spawns at megaships updated when scouts were added. The distress call at Delphi 6 is better for interceptors now, scouts are very rare/missing there. I guess I need to update that guide (y)
Sorry, phone typo on my part. No interceptors spawned. No Thargoids of any type. I will give my sampling another go tonight, I'm slightly worried it will be fruitless.

Sorry, phone typo on my part. No interceptors spawned. No Thargoids of any type. I will give my sampling another go tonight, I'm slightly worried it will be fruitless.
Relogging at megaships will tend to give Search & Rescue right now - you're looking at upwards to 40 - more likely 80 - relogs to get a full set of samples. Or probably a similar number of NHSS visits - the issue here being the SC time. Or the distress call at Delphi, which doesn't spawn S&R, so is more efficient. Though still more than 5 relogs :)

Relogging at megaships will tend to give Search & Rescue right now - you're looking at upwards to 40 - more likely 80 - relogs to get a full set of samples. Or probably a similar number of NHSS visits - the issue here being the SC time. Or the distress call at Delphi, which doesn't spawn S&R, so is more efficient. Though still more than 5 relogs :)
Ho hum. I'll take that advice and shift location to Delphi. Thanks. Really appreciated.I've got lots to learn though. My one interaction at the Maia science vessel lead to my explosion. I didn't dodge the scan in the way your video demonstrates. I thought I could chill my way out of it, the interceptor didn't loose interest and I didn't wake out in time.

Ho hum. I'll take that advice and shift location to Delphi. Thanks. Really appreciated.I've got lots to learn though. My one interaction at the Maia science vessel lead to my explosion. I didn't dodge the scan in the way your video demonstrates. I thought I could chill my way out of it, the interceptor didn't loose interest and I didn't wake out in time.
Yeah - I still die occasionally - which in one reason I prefer things like that Distress Call - it's bad enough dying, but if I just SCed 10k ls to get there it's even more annoying :)

Tissue samples flagged as illegal (may be just a UI issue)
Any Thargoid-related material is now being flagged as illegal but it seems to be a visual bug.
Also, I was carrying really illegal stuff, cops would scan me and no fines were issued.
Research limpets are 100% fail (see post above)... including a LOT of small and annoying additional bugs.

Any Thargoid-related material is now being flagged as illegal but it seems to be a visual bug.
Also, I was carrying really illegal stuff, cops would scan me and no fines were issued.
Research limpets are 100% fail (see post above)... including a LOT of small and annoying additional bugs.
Well I picked up two samples at Delphi 6, different bugs there but it might solve your immediate problem. I can also confirm the illicit cargo, I've not had any issues but the Dolphin is <18% heat so not been scanned either.

Hi, i'm collecting tissues in pleiades since some days and i noticed that the distress call in delphi is VERY BUGGY. i launch 5 research limpets and no result. Then i launch them again and i get 1 or 2 sample.
Now when i go to NHSS 5 6 or 7, i get 5 samples 99% of times and 0 sample the rest of the time.
(i use a DBX, no shield, 32t cargo resistant and 5 research limpet collectors)

Ok i don't know what happened in the week but i'm in distress call in delphi 6. At the start of the week i could get 1-2 tissue by firing 5 limpets.
Now i fire 6 limpets and no result. Fire them again and still no result!
I launched 12 research limpets and they ALL failed!
There is definitly something broken in research limpet.

NB: at week start i collecting cyclop+basilisk+medusa tissues and yesterday+today hydras tissues (after firing around 100 limpets, i got only...3 samples)

Top Bottom