Galaxy Map: Cannot switch tabs in the left side menu

Hi, new to Elite Dangerous here and starting out with the VR version.

I noticed that in the Galaxy Map, [Q] and [E] which normally control tab switching is overridden by the map movement controls. Thus on the tabs on the left-side window of the galaxy map, I cannot even view them. I'm given to understand that the commodities pricing info is in one of those tabs so this is quite a pickle. Anybody have a solution to fix this?

Thanks!

Yes as stated above, its worthwhile spending the time to go through the bindings to ensure that all are to your liking, it took me a while to set the bindings to my liking, I use a PS4 controller in VR,

Hi @Warmedxmints , yes I confirmed my tab switch bindings are [Q] and [E], I'm able to use it in any other tabbed menu except galaxy map.

I noticed that in galaxy map, it gets overriden by YAW LEFT and YAW RIGHT.

I didn't touch the default key bindings, is it supposed to work as is?

Hi @Warmedxmints , yes I confirmed my tab switch bindings are [Q] and [E], I'm able to use it in any other tabbed menu except galaxy map.

I noticed that in galaxy map, it gets overriden by YAW LEFT and YAW RIGHT.

I didn't touch the default key bindings, is it supposed to work as is?

Not 100% sure, but does the tab switching only work when the menu portion of the Galmap is active? Not had the issue myself but then again I set up my binds from scratch and 100% have the same tab selection buttons working in the Galmap and other areas of the UI.

Hi Silverace99

I to play Elite with VR and have everything setup Perfectly. I can help you with that and more. I can Explain it and help you set thing up a lot better by Voice. You can reach me on my Team Speak Server at: casualcrew.ts3ip.com I'm there everyday, drop in and i'll help ya get things set up right.

Hope to see you soon!

Dex

With help I figured out the problem, so I thought I'd share just in case anybody else hits this.

It's actually not a VR problem; it's a problem with the default key mapping of the game.

[E] and [Q] in galaxy map is getting double-mapped between tab switching and Galaxy Map Yaw. I solved the problem by remapping Yaw and tab switching is working now.

Thanks!

Spending time with bindings is Key :)
Remember to backup your bindings by manually locating ED's binding folder and copying that file. ED sometimes does strange things to bindings after a update.

I got this after the September update - thanks for the solution!
Hi,
Would you be so kind as to be a bit more specific. I believe as shown below i remapped both galaxy map Yaw and UI Next/Prev tabs but this does not allow me to navigate the tabs in the table in the left hand side Galaxy Map or System Map.

All used to work pre the Sept update without any need to re-map?

all help most appreciated

Thank You cmdrs

GM-yaw.png
UI-tab.png

Still stuck on this, any one have any ideas? I am not too fluent in editing the files directly but can give it a go if directed?

Top Bottom