Galaxy map LAG

Was just logging in today to gather intel on my next stretch, when I experienced the mother of all lags! Im about half way to Sag A, and have had lag before, but nothing like this. It was completely useless... So im wondering. Is there any trick to get around this? Ticking of every Star type exept the ones i need? Maybe it was just a unlucky inncident, but anyway. Guess lag will increase as im getting closer. What should i do?
Im on ps4 Pro by the way. Its fan didnt make a sound...

Everything.
From opening up, rendering neighbour stars, to actually navigating the menues. When i pushed r2 for instanse it froze for about 10-15sek then suddenly jumped two steps. Just logged of and went to work, so didnt try again. Will try later.

Does lag happen on ps4 as Ive read it does on pc near the center of the galaxy?

Everything.
From opening up, rendering neighbour stars, to actually navigating the menues. When i pushed r2 for instanse it froze for about 10-15sek then suddenly jumped two steps. Just logged of and went to work, so didnt try again. Will try later.

Does lag happen on ps4 as Ive read it does on pc near the center of the galaxy?

That is not normal and could be a problem with you connection, but you can try a rebuild of the database on your PS4. Everything should lag though if it’s your connection, but it’s my best bet. I have never seen what you describe.

Last edited:
Maybe stupid answer but maybe check youre connection speed on the ps4? Are you wireless or connected with a wire?

Ok, thanks for your reply. Dont think its the connection as the game worked flawless, besides the galaxy map. Going to try again later today to see if it was just a one of...

Ok, thanks for your reply. Dont think its the connection as the game worked flawless, besides the galaxy map. Going to try again later today to see if it was just a one of...

It may just be your proximity to the galactic core, as there is a lot to render.

It works now! I saw I'd accidentaly plotted a route to Colonia in-map (about 6k ly). After a while I managed to turn that off and it went back to normal functionality! Would have been a looong way home, if not... But strange really. Especially if Im the only one getting this on the ps4?

It works now! I saw I'd accidentaly plotted a route to Colonia in-map (about 6k ly). After a while I managed to turn that off and it went back to normal functionality! Would have been a looong way home, if not... But strange really. Especially if Im the only one getting this on the ps4?

I am glad you got it sorted :) .

Top Bottom