GALNET - 01 APR 3307 - Empire Attacks Neo-Marlinist Faction

GALNET - 01 APR 3307 - Empire Attacks Neo-Marlinist Faction

Pilots Federation ALERT

Conflict has erupted between the Epsilon Fornacis Empire Group and the Neo-Marlinist Order of Mudhrid.

An investigation by ACT in the Mudhrid system confirmed that the Order of Mudhrid provided logistical support for the NMLA’s starport attacks. Their agents infiltrated other local factions to transport enzyme bombs to their targets.

The faction has now renamed itself the Neo-Marlinist Order of Mudhrid. Landgrave Arastin Delacroix, its leader, has declared a revolution against the Imperial Family. From his flagship, the Steel Majesty, he announced:

“The corrupt Duvals will never give up their power, so we must take it from them. All those who seek to change the established order – join us!”

The Epsilon Fornacis Empire Group responded by engaging their forces in battle. Senator Denton Patreus has ordered them to “take revenge for the ‘Nine Martyrs’ atrocities.”

This is the first instance of a faction openly adopting Neo-Marlinism, although it has not been officially recognised by the Marlinist Colonies. Minister Aaron Whyte commented:

“It’s a lost opportunity that Landgrave Delacroix chose to aid extremists, rather than provide a political platform to the Neo-Marlinist community. I hope we can soon replace the cycle of violence with meaningful communication.”

Source

This is the first instance of a faction openly adopting Neo-Marlinism, although it has not been officially recognised by the Marlinist Colonies. Minister Aaron Whyte commented:

“It’s a lost opportunity that Landgrave Delacroix chose to aid extremists, rather than provide a political platform to the Neo-Marlinist community. I hope we can soon replace the cycle of violence with meaningful communication.”

Source
Seriously, what's this guy's malfunction? Fairfax is trying her damnest to make sure the colonies are labeled as "Marlinists", not "Neo-Marlinists", to reinforce her position that the colonies are NOT associated with the NMLA terrorists, yet Whyte keeps undoing that by reinforcing that association... You cannot have both, Whyte. :unsure:
Warmongering Imps :mad:

Ehm... sorry, but in this case the Neo-Marlinist Order of Mudhrid fired the first shots by providing logistical support to the NMLA and their "Nine Martyrs"-bombings a few weeks ago (as well as their assasination of Aisling's father and others as well as earlier station bombings). So no, this war was not started by the Empire.

revenge is never a good look is it

Hey, at this point it's most of the galaxy that revenge on the NMLA, so it's fair game I guess... 😉

Ehm... sorry, but in this case the Neo-Marlinist Order of Mudhrid fired the first shots by providing logistical support to the NMLA and their "Nine Martyrs"-bombings a few weeks ago (as well as their assasination of Aisling's father and others as well as earlier station bombings). So no, this war was not started by the Empire.
The Empire seem to want to do everything they can to wipe out the Marlinists. They also seem to be putting the Marlinists and NMLA under the same heading.
Makes me think of the way the MIddle-Eastern countries are treated by the USA - "We mUSt Spr3Ad deMoKRazZzeEe3"

1617290975646.png

On the one hand, that railgun looks really nice. On the other, I love seeing Denton lose (and helping to make it happen).

I guess I’ll keep an eye in the progress to see what % I need to get for either goals.

For once the CG finally calls it what it truly is for the lore - empire vs NMLA. I was afraid OoM would give the usual crap like "uh... we're innocent, there's no real proof, empire bad!1!1! Also, if we win, you get a caustic enzyme missile rack..."

Top Bottom