GALNET - 11 AUG - SILENT AFTERMATH

I just hope that aggro'd beefed up Thargoids isn't the new norm. I was excited when I got to the point I could beat a cyclops with 80% hull left. Never could figure out the bigger beasts. I'm sure what I call "Uberleetgamezors" will be super happy that the Thargoids are "hard" now but for a guy like me it puts them well beyond my capacity (or willpower) to "git gud" enough to beat them in ultra-god mode. Still plenty of stuff to do in Elite, just won't be bug hunting for me if this is the new normal.

I just hope that aggro'd beefed up Thargoids isn't the new norm. I was excited when I got to the point I could beat a cyclops with 80% hull left. Never could figure out the bigger beasts. I'm sure what I call "Uberleetgamezors" will be super happy that the Thargoids are "hard" now but for a guy like me it puts them well beyond my capacity (or willpower) to "git gud" enough to beat them in ultra-god mode. Still plenty of stuff to do in Elite, just won't be bug hunting for me if this is the new normal.
I mean there's a place for that, but don't "balance" around the red baron types.

On the stream today, Arf mentioned that the Aftermath narrative isn't going anywhere in particular until after 4.0 (and, by the sound of it, console transfers are underway) is released.
There were hints that the Thargs are going to expand from the system (somewhat veiled, so a 2nd opinion would be welcome) and that there is plenty more to be 'found' yet.
That would make sense, of course. It seems logical to spread the death and destruction around to as many players as possible so one would want to wait until ALL updates are installed and ready to go.

In the meantime, I'm sure we'll hear a thing or two on Galnet pointing to some odd thing here or an event there that we can all still go look at, etc. I'm still sitting here on a star system in the Flame Nebula region just one jump away from the COL 70 Sector and it's still locked up tighter than a frog's rear end. Noted that COL 70 Sector FY-N c21-3, mentioned in several ancient postings long ago, was where several thargoid signals were being pointed at, and it's only 299 light years from my current starting point.

If nothing happens by Friday I'll head back home and do regular hauling, etc. However, if I see the narrative pointing to hints about COL 70, I'll head back out there. Just not sure how long I'd survive, but hey, who wants to live forever?

That would make sense, of course. It seems logical to spread the death and destruction around to as many players as possible so one would want to wait until ALL updates are installed and ready to go.

In the meantime, I'm sure we'll hear a thing or two on Galnet pointing to some odd thing here or an event there that we can all still go look at, etc. I'm still sitting here on a star system in the Flame Nebula region just one jump away from the COL 70 Sector and it's still locked up tighter than a frog's rear end. Noted that COL 70 Sector FY-N c21-3, mentioned in several ancient postings long ago, was where several thargoid signals were being pointed at, and it's only 299 light years from my current starting point.

If nothing happens by Friday I'll head back home and do regular hauling, etc. However, if I see the narrative pointing to hints about COL 70, I'll head back out there. Just not sure how long I'd survive, but hey, who wants to live forever?

I herd from a friend that what ever it was that was pointing at COL 70 (probes I think) now points at HIP 22640.
I havent checked this myself, its second hand info.

However, if I see the narrative pointing to hints about COL 70, I'll head back out there. Just not sure how long I'd survive, but hey, who wants to live forever?
That would be an event - seeing that sector unlocked after so long!
I think the next few weeks will be breadcrumbing the bits they want 'found' before the Thargoids go full Rambo...

I herd from a friend that what ever it was that was pointing at COL 70 (probes I think) now points at HIP 22640.
I havent checked this myself, its second hand info.
That might be true now, but if they do open COL 70, I'll head to that system and see if there's anything still there. If there is and you see me blazing through in the opposite direction with my tail section on fire and me screaming like a little girl, try to keep up. ;)

That would be an event - seeing that sector unlocked after so long!
I think the next few weeks will be breadcrumbing the bits they want 'found' before the Thargoids go full Rambo...
I was honestly thinking the weapon would cause that entire sector to open up and the invasion would begin. Was hoping to sneak in behind them after they all head to the bubble and take a look at stuff.

I was poking around goid space and I've never paid attention before so I dunno if this is a thing or not but is it normal to see 80+ NHSS at Witch Head Sector IR-W C1-9? Neighboring systems have 40-60+ as well. Am I seeing an invasion force forming up?

I was poking around goid space and I've never paid attention before so I dunno if this is a thing or not but is it normal to see 80+ NHSS at Witch Head Sector IR-W C1-9? Neighboring systems have 40-60+ as well. Am I seeing an invasion force forming up?
Let's not oppose them, for once.
Let's see how far FD is ready to go with this, maybe we have a chance to renew human space layout.

I noticed that group of signals as well. I saw them as I was plowing through the which had sectors on my way to my current parking spot. A lot of those nhss were threat level 8. I actually had tried going into one of those and I almost ended up dead within 15 seconds. You don't want to try it without a squadron. And all you have to do is just show up there.

I noticed that group of signals as well. I saw them as I was plowing through the which had sectors on my way to my current parking spot. A lot of those nhss were threat level 8. I actually had tried going into one of those and I almost ended up dead within 15 seconds. You don't want to try it without a squadron. And all you have to do is just show up there.
Early in my playing of ED (in VR) I mistook Threat 8 for 0 (I blame the Rift) I lasted a few seconds in my T6...

I suppose if the Thargoids offered a couple of new shinies, it might swing the balance...
You know, CG "Protect the Thargoids and get a Medusa of your own!"
They may not be in the mood to talk to you humans after trying to serve an extinction level event upon them... not for a while, and then how to communicate with them.
You can always beg forgiveness but i'm not sure they will listen, or care.

Top Bottom