GALNET - 20 APR 3307 - Conditional Amnesty Agreed for Neo-Marlinists

GALNET - 20 APR 3307 - Conditional Amnesty Agreed for Neo-Marlinists

The Neo-Marlinist Order of Mudhrid has been granted sanctuary in the Marlinist Colonies in return for revealing the identities of the NMLA’s leaders.

The faction’s survivors arrived in the Hyades Sector RO-P b6-2 system after being defeated by Imperial forces. The Marlinism Reformation Party agreed to offer political asylum, despite all three superpowers demanding the refugees’ arrest.

Imperial Senator Lorcan Scordato, who was visiting the Colonies on a fact-finding mission, announced:

“After meeting the Neo-Marlinists and the Marlinist Parliament, I have secured an agreement. The Landgrave of Mudhrid and his inner circle will cooperate fully with ACT to provide details on the senior leadership of the NMLA. In return, they will receive life imprisonment at a local detention facility.”

“The Steel Majesty’s population will undergo security vetting by the Marlinist Constabulary to identify extremists. The remainder will be permitted to remain in the system and apply for citizenship.”

Chancellor Blaine has approved the proposal, commenting that it was “precisely the sort of creative solution the Emperor requires”. Responses from the Alliance and Federation were mixed, but there was broad agreement that targeting the NMLA was the priority.

Minister Aaron Whyte, elected leader of the Marlinism Reformation Party, publicly thanked Senator Scordato for negotiating a peaceful resolution.

Source

The Landgrave of Mudhrid and his inner circle will cooperate fully with ACT to provide details on the senior leadership of the NMLA. In return, they will receive life imprisonment at a local detention facility.”
Some fresh martyrs straight out of the oven :D

I don't trust this. I don't trust this AT ALL.

This is clearly setting up for some future reveal of the NMLA leadership. It says as much. But that information coming in this way gives me a very bad feeling. The writers could have just had the Landgrave captured after the CG, and interrogated by the Empire.

But no, they had him escape and flee to Whyte, who they've repeatedly demonstrated to be sympathetic towards the NMLA. And then, all of that setup is apparently going to be for nothing because they're going to hand over the deets anyway? Don't buy it.

I've already posted here about Blaine likely being a member of the Club, but even without his involvement, the way this has played out feels very strange. I don't think this information is going to be trustworthy. It'll be targeting a scapegoat or a designated fall guy, just like with the League of Reparation. I doubt it's a coincidence either that they killed off the Imperial investigator, just as they did with the Alliance one with the League.

We also had a fairly recent mention of Nova Imperium's investigation into the NMLA. Nothing has come of it yet, so it makes you wonder what reason the writers might want there to be two investigations for. Maybe because one of them is going to be a false lead?

Waiting until these people are imprisoned seems like a bad move for the NMLA, by then they would have handed over whatever information they possess, so it seems a more imminent attack is on the cards.

this is some weird showing off here, announcing something like that would surely incur the wrath of the NMLA so why make it so public?
your basically taunting them and painting a huge target on your back for good measure

So FDev are planning some NMLA/T7 beastings soon

a side note, i wonder if the adamaster story arc will tie into the T7 in some way ?

Why isnt ACT doing the vetting? Looking forward to them imprisoning some scapegoats while the NMLA starts their recruiting...
They are in a way. When ACT was set up the Marlinist Constabulary, in particular Captain Castille, was seconded to ACT as part of it.

Why isnt ACT doing the vetting? Looking forward to them imprisoning some scapegoats while the NMLA starts their recruiting...
And again, it seems Fdev are trying to prove the Marlinists are all terrorists, while telling us the opposite in Galnet articles because they think we are gullible, lol.

Conditional Amnesty
The Landgrave of Mudhrid and his inner circle will cooperate fully with ACT to provide details on the senior leadership of the NMLA. In return, they will receive life imprisonment at a local detention facility.”

Thats the strangest definition of Amnesty Ive ever heard...more like a plea bargain.

The Neo-Marlinist Order of Mudhrid has been granted sanctuary in the Marlinist Colonies in return for revealing the identities of the NMLA’s leaders.

So they sign the papers, say 'Its Theta Seven' and run away laughing?

Chancellor Blaine has approved the proposal, commenting that it was “precisely the sort of creative solution the Emperor requires”.

Looking at you Patreus. He must have sweaty palms by now. Chickens coming home to roost it seems, will DP now attack the Marlinists on Thursday just to try and regain some support?

Liking this twist though, the Ambassador seems like a good choice for a bit of PR for the Imps, gets the right result very quickly without overreacting.

Also: Nice, another jab against Denton Patreus. I guess that's two strikes now? :sneaky:
Patty's not going to be too happy about this I'm sure. He brought all the ridicule on himself though by trying to "punch" all his problems away.

I've already posted here about Blaine likely being a member of the Club, but even without his involvement, the way this has played out feels very strange. I don't think this information is going to be trustworthy. It'll be targeting a scapegoat or a designated fall guy, just like with the League of Reparation. I doubt it's a coincidence either that they killed off the Imperial investigator, just as they did with the Alliance one with the League.

We also had a fairly recent mention of Nova Imperium's investigation into the NMLA. Nothing has come of it yet, so it makes you wonder what reason the writers might want there to be two investigations for. Maybe because one of them is going to be a false lead?
Blaine is at the right hand of the Emperor. She would likely notice if anything was amiss with him, and could easily have him deposed if he attempts anything she doesn't approve.

I believe the mention of Nova Imperium came after the reconciliation of Hadrian, basically just saying the Nova was joining the rest of the Imperial forces.

Blaine is at the right hand of the Emperor. She would likely notice if anything was amiss with him, and could easily have him deposed if he attempts anything she doesn't approve.
Arissa is not free to openly oppose the Club, by her own admission in the novels. Here's my post if you want to see more in-depth reasoning on why Blaine sus. In my opinion, it seems pretty clear that he was involved in the poisoning and assassination of the previous Emperor.

Top Bottom