GALNET - 24 NOV 3306 - Core Dynamics Bids to Purchase Lakon Spaceways

don't you dare tease me like that
Oh well😂 I dare. I mean, what do you make from this:
„Lakon Spaceways has made a name for itself with its practical and well-respected ship designs – the workhorses of the galaxy. Core Dynamics can help the company reach greater heights, and be even more successful.”
So the next gen PC will be a joint venture of Lakon and Core. For me PC is written in bold letters in the article.

Lol, don't kill the dreams. Besides FDev can change the details to suit the needs of the situation, like they did with the last CG results.

The trouble is the design 'evolution' for the Panther comes from the Hauler / Adder line and not Lakons design cues in the concepts.

1606240543512.png

This is......unexpected. Having a Federal ship manufacturer in control of the bubble's biggest ship manufacturer? Can we expect all future Lakon ships to come with a Hudson-FSD Special? :D Where's the checks for mergers and competition when you need them, hmmm? :eek: This of course, assumes that Lakon accept CD's offer.

I'm not buying that It's the Chieftain family that has brought this on. Its the bloody Asp Scout! I'm sure the Lakon R&D team in charge of that disaster are probably serving fast food on some ice world by now. If not, I'd be happy to transport them there, free of charge.

I'm curious how Gutamaya will respond. They can't build medium ships to save their lives, perhaps the solution is to buy someone who can?

Last edited:
This has the potential to be something HUGE if it’s not just background Galnet fluff.

Some of the most complained about/forgotten ships come off the Lakon/Core Dynamics assembly lines...

New ships are always good....but rebalanced old ships is in many ways even more interesting!

I can see it now...in 2021...

Nerf the Asp Scout!

The primary defense contractor of the Federation taking over the primary defense contractor of the Alliance... suuuuure, this is sooo not an attempt to take over the Coalsack Nebula by the Federation. "Oh, you wanted our daughter company Lakon to build you more defense vessels? Sure thing, guys, but first you'll hand over xyz to us here at Core Dynamics / the Federation."

The Federation - You'll do anything for your corporate overlords!

The primary defense contractor of the Federation taking over the primary defense contractor of the Alliance... suuuuure, this is sooo not an attempt to take over the Coalsack Nebula by the Federation. "Oh, you wanted our daughter company Lakon to build you more defense vessels? Sure thing, guys, but first you'll hand over xyz to us here at Core Dynamics / the Federation."

The Federation - You'll do anything for your corporate overlords!

What is actually going on here? 'Everything for a reason'? Could be just new ships eventually or upgraded internals maybe.....but its a convoluted route....is someone consolidating power? Who owns these companies?

I cant think anything but its a terrible deal for the Alliance, what are they getting out of it?

Wheels within Wheels...but not that one this time. Is it?

Edit. PS Is that another Rochester? Who is this family who have people everywhere? Is it one of them plots where all kids brought up in a home get the same surname and theyre all clones ready to take over and if so who controls the clones and are they even human necessarily.

Top Bottom