GALNET - 25 NOV 3307 - The Battle of Mudhrid

I might have to bring the Imperator over. See if we can't melt the smiles off these seccessionist traitors' faces.

EDIT: Watch out, traitors, the Imperator has arrived.

wvaux1D.jpg

I'm not too bothered about the missile launchers, I just hate terrorists, traitors and seccesionists! I've destroyed nine of your cutters already!

EDIT:

This is quite fun!

ugiQCc4.jpg

It's a healthy mix of challenging spec ops ships, rewarding heavyweights like cutters and T9s, and tedious clouds of vipers, couriers and cobras that are too small and too hardy to be taken down easily, but still need to be dealt with.

The Imperator is acquitting itself admirably. At one point I got so fixated on taking down their cutter that when their spec ops ships jumped on me I was alarmed at how quickly my shields were dropping (four elite ships fixating on you will do that, I guess), but shield cells kept them above 50% or so long enough for me to kill the cutter and boost out to safe shield-recharging let's-have-2-minutes-break range. After which of course I came back and took out all four of the spec ops ships, making them pay dearly for the insult.

This seems to be a recurring theme - I'll get in, get halfway through destroying the biggest ship there (usually a python, but if I'm lucky a cutter will find itself under my guns), and before I know it, there are four elite NPCs trying every position of the Spacecraft Commander's Karma Sutra on my head with their ships, and it's a gritted-teeth who-blinks-first situation as I fight to destroy my target before they push me back. Three times this has happened now.

But yeah, the Imperator is hard wearing for sure. She has the speed to boost away, the shield tank to suck it up, and the long range to reach out and touch someone.
I'd always avoided conflict zones before, because having every ship turn against me used to be a pretty terminal experience. A few thousand hours later and it's more of a case of Under Attack - "Yeah, I'll deal with that gnat when I've finished with this worthy prey". It's ego boosting.

The SpecOps are still a challenge, by themselves they're dangerous and a handful, four at once is beyond any daydream I've ever enjoyed. But they fall quite nicely, one by one. And I can always kite the more mundane ships while my shields recharge.

Great fun, so far!

Last edited:
Our spirit will be spread across the whole galaxy as we rise in revolution against the Empire!
Somewhat too-into-character Arvel Yael said:
You don't want to revolt against the empire. If that was all you wanted you could have joined the Alliance or even the federation.
What you want is to change the Empire from within, to suit your own purposes, continuing to enjoy its protection, prestige, and trappings, while thrusting a dagger into its very heart, and the devil take any unfortunates caught up in the chaos.

Your representative lost. The people voted against you. I find it telling that you claim to revolt against what you claim are the inequities of the Empire, but when your own people are beaten in a facsimile of the system you yourself claim to want to implement, somehow that result is invalid, immoral, and the only solution is violence until you get your way.

Factions that use "liberation" in their name conquer territories and minds through deceit, existing only to replace one form of control with another, liberating nothing and no-one in the long term.

That's enough in-character for me tonight, I think! I confess I wasn't expecting to be writing political diatribes at 2:30am, even if I'm only writing them on behalf of a character! :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom