GALNET - 25 NOV 3307 - The Battle of Mudhrid

1637864344901.png

Tell us more about how you would design it?
1.) top 25% on a holiday asks people to choose between a tangible unique reward and holiday plans. Top 75% with a tier 3-4 requirement would have been better.
2.) both factions should offer up something engineered if any of them are. Imperial Plasmas would have been a nice alternative for the imperial faction.
3.) generally dislike unique engineered modules as a cg reward, would be better to use the cg as an introduction to human tech broker-available item.

1.) top 25% on a holiday asks people to choose between a tangible unique reward and holiday plans. Top 75% with a tier 3-4 requirement would have been better.
2.) both factions should offer up something engineered if any of them are. Imperial Plasmas would have been a nice alternative for the imperial faction.
3.) generally dislike unique engineered modules as a cg reward, would be better to use the cg as an introduction to human tech broker-available item.
1. What has Holidays got to do with anything?
2. The CG is already unbalanced towards the side not offering a reward - how would adding a reward make it any more balanced?
3. Rewards were added because commandos complained about the CGs not being different. Now they complain that they are different ... 🤷‍♀️ And this has nothing to do with how you plan to make CGs more balanced.

People outside the US generally don't realize how big a deal american thanksgiving is. It's the busiest travel week of the year, including christmas.
Ah - that makes more sense. Though again - commandos complained when fdev stopped doing CGs - and not everyone is in America 🤷‍♀️ It's not like this is a must-have module, now if they'd run the FSD CG this week... 😈

Ah - that makes more sense. Though again - commandos complained when fdev stopped doing CGs - and not everyone is in America 🤷‍♀️ It's not like this is a must-have module, now if they'd run the FSD CG this week... 😈
Oh i know. I'm Canadian myself, just pointing it out. And i'm strictly on the impy side for this one because of my own in game reasons, and couldn't even fit the mod on my ship if i wanted to (although i do like collecting the toys anyway when i can)

But in general, -- not specifically CG related and understanding that :
a) Frontier is a UK based company
b) No matter what they do, someone in some timezone is gonna be "left out"

-- it sometimes sucks that everything is done on UK time.

Patches and updates dropping at, what for me is the basically the morning internet rush means i'm downloading at really slow rates.
The community streams are right in the middle of a workday, so no twitch drops for me.
In CGs you're always playing "catchup" and if it closes out fast well..... (cf. the lst Alcor one for the FSDs)

....you'd have explorers complaining the module was locked behind pew pew and its so unfair because im a bajillion miles away exploring.

But I do wonder if (well when :D ) T7 and chums get defeated what T-7 will do....he does have what is essentially one giant caustic bomb megaship so if he gets away....
Or if they'd put a class 2 on the Muhdrid side, then i'd be complaining.

i

(DEEP beath)

really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really

want more jumpies for the 'Bliss

Theta Seven abandoned the Neo Marlinist cause to declare war on humanity itself when he attacked the Marlinists. He's lost sight of our fight for democracy, and for that, he's just as vile as the Duvals we've sworn to destroy. I have left the NMLA behind to hunt down Theta Seven and punish him personally.

On the other hand, if I remain loyal to the NMLA, I'll get to blow up Imperial ships. Decisions, decisions.

The biggest unfortunate thing is that there's no real secondary aspect to any of these CGs.

Like, if having active terrorists running amok was a hindrance to imperial Powers, then Federal players would have a tough choice; do they support the terrorist who is primarily attacking their enemies? Or do they attempt to do the morally right thing, even though it will mean strengthening their enemy?

Of course, Powerplay is irrelevant and whatnot, so none of that really matters, so all it really comes down to is whether you value a mostly useless module over credits and doing the right thing...which, from what's been happening, seems to be biasing heavily towards the right thing.

I did carry the engineered enzyme missile for a good while, just for fun, but ultimately I had to give it up. My build couldn't consistently kill Imperial Captains with sacrificing so much DPS, just to be pretty. But I feel bad doing it. Honestly, they could give Enzyme Missiles full standard damage for missile racks(which is to say, 50) and it would still be perfectly balanced even with the extra caustic damage on top. Heck, that would honestly be a halfway decent solution. Change the primary damage type to Caustic instead of Explosive, buff the damage to 50, plus the current DOT effect. Missiles are hard to hit with consistently, and the DOT does most of its damage in the first 20 seconds anyway, so practically speaking you'd have a really good, absolute damage missile rack.

so all it really comes down to is whether you value a mostly useless module over credits and doing the right thing
What a curious way to phrase things, as if the empire are 'squeaky clean'!
Morally the right thing would be to do everything in one's power to bring down both empire and federation, surely? Yes, some collateral damage if T7 wins, but probably less than the multitude of squabbles between empire & federation bring every day.

Naturally, I'm doing the right thing and supporting the neo marlinist cause, and T7.

I'm doing the right thing and maximize my profits. The result of this conflict is pretty much a foregone conclusion, so why not leech out as many credits and goodies as there are available. I killed thousands of people already, guilty and innocent, a hundred more won't tip the balance. At some point it's time to stop counting. Can't remember all the faces anyway.

I'm doing the right thing and maximize my profits. The result of this conflict is pretty much a foregone conclusion, so why not leech out as many credits and goodies as there are available. I killed thousands of people already, guilty and innocent, a hundred more won't tip the balance. At some point it's time to stop counting. Can't remember all the faces anyway.
I see you've engineered your empathy to G5 lightweight with reduced mass experimental :D

Thank Lord Brebus the enemies in the CZs I have slaughtered are all faceless goons.

At 205 million / top 10% I expect my reward to roughly double the bonds.

It's never wrong to have a spare billion or five in case the Panther Clipper surprisingly gets released in patch9 🙏

Top Bottom