GALNET - 25 NOV 3307 - The Battle of Mudhrid

GALNET - 25 NOV 3307 - The Battle of Mudhrid

Pilots’ Federation ALERT

The Neo-Marlinist Order of Mudhrid and the Epsilon Fornacis Empire Group have declared war in the Mudhrid system.

The Steel Majesty megaship is serving as the base of the Neo-Marlinist forces. These include many surviving NMLA terrorist cells that gathered to overtake the vessel from the Marlinist Colonies.

Also in the system is the Far God cult megaship Sacrosanct, where the NMLA’s de facto leader Theta Seven and the remnants of Theta Group have been in hiding for months. They recently took control of the vessel and are holding thousands of cultists hostage.

The Neo-Marlinist Order of Mudhrid have offered a uniquely augmented enzyme missile rack to its highest contributors if certain objectives are met. Margrave Corentin Delacroix broadcast a call to arms:

“All those who seek to topple the Duval dictators must fight alongside us here and now. Neo-Marlinism has no future unless its believers defend it.”

The Epsilon Fornacis Empire Group is orchestrating its campaign from Payne-Scott City starport. Senator Denton Patreus has requested that Imperial auxiliaries provide the faction with combat support.

ACT’s co-leader Captain Saskia Landau stated:

“The NMLA clearly places huge value on Theta Seven’s ability to produce caustic enzyme weapons, and has risked concentrating in large numbers to defend him. If he can transfer to the Steel Majesty and escape, the threat of further atrocities like the Nine Martyrs bombings will remain high.”

Source

So we will end up with the Sacrosankt reduced to a caustic wreck and the Steel Majesty in marlinist hands minus the hostages. I wonder how many people will jump on the caustic launcher. Playing both sides does have some incentive.

Having to stay in the top 25% is interesting. If you hit the top 25% do you call it a day and drop out or do you just wait for the other CG to hit tier 3 and then hope you get in the 25% before the CG ends.

Having to stay in the top 25% is interesting. If you hit the top 25% do you call it a day and drop out or do you just wait for the other CG to hit tier 3 and then hope you get in the 25% before the CG ends.
Yes - good incentive design, I think. Top 25% generally requires being "above average" in contributions, so you can't just throw in some token support, beat up the NMLA the rest of the time, and get the rack anyway - but it still means that everyone who's making a serious difference to the outcome gets the reward.

It probably won't overcome the 6:1 defeat that they got at the last battle of Muhdrid, or the 20:1 defeat they had in the Steel Majesty's last outing in Marlinist space, but it should at least make it a little closer.

Yes - good incentive design, I think. Top 25% generally requires being "above average" in contributions, so you can't just throw in some token support, beat up the NMLA the rest of the time, and get the rack anyway - but it still means that everyone who's making a serious difference to the outcome gets the reward.

It probably won't overcome the 6:1 defeat that they got at the last battle of Muhdrid, or the 20:1 defeat they had in the Steel Majesty's last outing in Marlinist space, but it should at least make it a little closer.
Give it an hour or two and we'll know :D

It’ll be interesting to see how they improve the missile, If I recall they do 1.5 damage for 60 seconds for a total of 90.

If they increase it to 2 per second that’s 120 and 3 would be 180, not bad for a missile.

I may be dusting off my cryoscramblers.

Now come on Senator Denton Patreus, you can do better than that.
Just give us some crazy stats, or some ludicrous experimental effects on those APA and we can think about it, no?

Having a good excuse to blow up Imperial ...ships has some attraction.
You need an excuse to blow up Imp ships?

It's really a hard decision on this CG - support the Empire or support the Terrorists. I've no chance at the gooey missile launcher, but I really don't know whose ships I want to blow up more. Especially if we're talking about Denton Patreus.

It’ll be interesting to see how they improve the missile, If I recall they do 1.5 damage for 60 seconds for a total of 90.

If they increase it to 2 per second that’s 120 and 3 would be 180, not bad for a missile.

I may be dusting off my cryoscramblers.
If its the same old, same old re-release, its ammo count increase and the same damage increase as last time...
cg-2b-enzyme-missile-rack-high-cap-increased-damage-jpg.219998

Last edited:
Not good CG design setting up one side with custom engineered kit vs. nada...
I'd agree, but to attract people to the Muhdrid side its sort of needed if there's gonna be a contest.

if you're into the game narratives, its a bit of an ethics test: Are you willing to support the guys behind the 9 Martyrs bombings just to get a shiny thing?

Its largely, i think, going to put the "gamist" players more on Muhdrid's side and the "narrativist"/role players on the other.

You need an excuse to blow up Imp ships?

It's really a hard decision on this CG - support the Empire or support the Terrorists. I've no chance at the gooey missile launcher, but I really don't know whose ships I want to blow up more. Especially if we're talking about Denton Patreus.
Patreus may be a ... , but go kick some terrorrist ass for me.

Top Bottom