GALNET - 26 JAN 3308 - Arissa Addresses the Empire

Was it a video message or voice only or did just someone from the senate read it out? That's important, you know?
I'd like to think that if it was just text or relayed like that, it would have been mentioned in the article. Probably video, audio at the bare minimum, if it can be called a address from her.

Perhaps she could have been turned into a Puretide Engram Chip like thing. Officially this was recorded many moons ago but only released today?

Perhaps she could have been turned into a Puretide Engram Chip like thing. Officially this was recorded many moons ago but only released today?
Nothing in the statement requires knowledge of what has happened since her disappearance. It could have been recorded back then as a precaution should anything happen to her and she needed to fake being alive for the sake of public peace until the situation has been resolved/stabilized enough to reveal her actual demise.

I don't know what to think about this. It's hard to believe Arissa could be in any actual danger due to the battleship-grade plot armor she gets as both the leader of one of the galaxy's superpowers and a Powerplay character.
Leader of a superpower does not give you plot armor, as the previous Emperor died. You only get plot armor if Frontier spent the resources into making a PP 2D portrait which is so far the only images we have of story characters.

Leader of a superpower does not give you plot armor, as the previous Emperor died. You only get plot armor if Frontier spent the resources into making a PP 2D portrait which is so far the only images we have of story characters.
Though of course the question is, do you actually need to be alive to be a Power figurehead?

She's been basically out of contact for a year, and her Powerplay operation continues. Hard to argue at this stage that it actually requires her to be alive; it could quite easily continue as a "Supporters of the Memory and Aims of Emperor Arissa Lavigny-Duval" organisation.

When a power expands beyond the influence of the individual that started it, it is no longer a power, but a superpower. The supporters support the idea at that point, not the person, and as such, the person no longer directly matters.

I think what is being suggested is that the powerplay power is rather just empire supporters of the establishment, no more, no less. It's not about supporting the emperor, but rather the empire.

At least that's how one would spin it if they didn't want to cry inside at the state of powerplay for a little while.

When a power expands beyond the influence of the individual that started it, it is no longer a power, but a superpower. The supporters support the idea at that point, not the person, and as such, the person no longer directly matters.

I think what is being suggested is that the powerplay power is rather just empire supporters of the establishment, no more, no less. It's not about supporting the emperor, but rather the empire.

At least that's how one would spin it if they didn't want to cry inside at the state of powerplay for a little while.
Arissa becomes Blaine.
Portrait changes.
Blurb changes.
Everything else stays the same.

Eye on Achenar reported that this address was “welcomed by a relieved Empire”, adding that

I for one welcome our blue haired princess empress.

So it wasn't really a sign of life, just another "personal message".

Not suspicous at all, no sir.
Indeed. Not to mention the "Here's how you will react" propaganda line in the release (quoted above). Everyone swallows that! I'm so relieved. Yeah, right...

However, a caution was sounded by Princess Aisling Duval:
“Arissa has communicated with the Senate in the same manner for months, so this changes nothing
Princess is right this time.

EDIT:
Hey Galnet: the title of your release is faulty. This was no address. It was the 34th century equivalent of a tweet. That's so 21st century. Gross.

Last edited:
I'm going to enjoy the conspiracy theory of body doubles...
Well, to make things messier yet, one of the many liberally scattered random notions out of Wagar's big old bag of mixed plot convolution seeds was this exceptionally vague brief hint-in-passing that he might have been trying to appropriate Arissa as yet another planted clone from the same strain as the rest of his whole menagerie of not-quite-exact-duplicates. :p

Last edited:
Don't worry, I can confirm Arissa is alive and well and enjoying a stay in my fabulously outfitted Cutter as we galavant around various POIs outside the Bubble (per her wishes, I shall not disclose the locations of those POIs...)

Don't worry, I can confirm Arissa is alive and well and enjoying a stay in my fabulously outfitted Cutter as we galavant around various POIs outside the Bubble (per her wishes, I shall not disclose the locations of those POIs...)
Seems legit.

If FDEV could manage that they'd never need to sell another computer game again.

In fact, if their stock price really is on a downward trend, just any sort of official Aisling merch would put them back in the black pretty quick.

Aisling calendar? Sold out.
Aisling plushie? Sold out.
...you get the picture.
Boxes of Kleenex? Sold out. ;)

We all know what you want to happen Aisling. Get ALD in public and then 'ohmygosh you suddenly exploded' along with 'I'm so shocked and sad make me Empress plz'.
But, really now, would anyone be opposed?

Baby faces really do get things done. That's why Grom is so wealthy. And handsome. And amazing. And god-like.

Boxes of Kleenex? Sold out. ;)
Not gonna lie, the failure to put merch out there for Elite really is surprising.

Granted, they'd have to keep it even or risk being called contributors to sexism in gaming...which, let's be fair, is very much a real problem.

Which is why I vote for a pinup of Grom, first, and a waifu pillow of Pranav Antal so people can ask me, "Is that the elf dude from Dragon Age?"

If FDEV could manage that they'd never need to sell another computer game again.

In fact, if their stock price really is on a downward trend, just any sort of official Aisling merch would put them back in the black pretty quick.

Aisling calendar? Sold out.
Aisling plushie? Sold out.
...you get the picture.

Full-length body pillow...
... aka dakimakura. Those would sell really well, especially if the prints on those would follow the usual patterns :sneaky:

Top Bottom