Notice GalNet changes

Also means we can never know if it was actually a mistake- was a pretty cool mistake if it was, and well reacted to.
Longer-term we might be able to guess: if the Thargoid tech is never mentioned again in this storyline, then it was probably covering a mistake. If it turns out to be an integral part of the plot, we can probably assume that they did not in fact rewrite the whole thing one day in.

Longer-term we might be able to guess: if the Thargoid tech is never mentioned again in this storyline, then it was probably covering a mistake. If it turns out to be an integral part of the plot, we can probably assume that they did not in fact rewrite the whole thing one day in.

Covering a mistake using nice twists of ingame lore is thousands time better than silence or an apology in twitter/forums
IMO

Yeah, this what I figured.

If I were them, and it WAS a mistake, I'd do some very minor rewrites, cosmetic stuff - just some thing about the supply of the thargoid tech - and pepper it about a little, maybe, if it was at all possible to sneak one in, chuck in a CG that was maybe, a combat one, where people can blow up the "bad guys" making illegal thargoid bombs - just assign it to a faction and then do a standard bounty hunting one if you need the lowest effort possible.

It would cover it up well enough that we'd never truly know then.

Personally I hope FD play a bit fast and loose because otherwise you'll never see anything interesting. If this promising start devolves into the usual haul / BH CG pairing all this would be for nothing- hopefully Lugh and the Gnosis are templates for things.

Were there? what reports?

Do you mean that ship that flew up from Palins?
That was sort of written off as a bug so far as I could tell.

No it was way before that, it was something also involving human ships at the time that weren't quite right, they were caught surveying human stations and such before the Thargoids fully returned. It's been so long I can't quite remember it all. Saying that, there's also speculation about the Far God cult being a fifth column-like group too, and a lot of them went into hiding.

Last edited:
"Commentators have linked ship thief Gan Romero’s dream journal with the statements given by Jasmina Halsey following the disappearance of Starship One. The Rewired network claimed these ‘bodiless voices’ had disregarded the relative standing of these two individuals, and questioned how many others had experienced similar calls."

It's interesting when you realize how much you've missed something once it is back. Sure I played Elite Dangerous without Galnet and CGs. Sure I did my things and kept myself interested in the game. (Clearly others in the ED community deserve a lot of thanks for helping this to be true!)

Now I feel reinflated. This is great news. I just watched the Thurs, Breaking News stream with Bruce and Arthur and felt happier than I probably should have.
Arthur mentioned tidbits such as: CGs are back too, content for everybody, long arcs of content into 2022, different story lines, etc.. This is all great news.

I will still be doing my things in-game but having Galnet and CGs back and (more goodies too?) is flat-out great news.
I felt Arthur's happiness that they're back. Clearly many of us share that sentiment. I'm sure that the Devs are beyond busy so I appreciate this.

Wonderful news, FDev - thanks! \o/

No it was way before that, it was something also involving human ships at the time that weren't quite right, they were caught surveying human stations and such before the Thargoids fully returned. It's been so long I can't quite remember it all. Saying that, there's also speculation about the Far God cult being a fifth column-like group too, and a lot of them went into hiding.

That sounds like black squadron, secretive organisation that tried to cover up the existence of the thargoids early on.

Just humans.

Got a problem. The Galnet article narration (audio) has recently disappeared in my game. The articles continue to appear but the audio Icon is no longer present. This happened on May 17th. Now, when I enter the Galnet page, all articles before this date have the little audio icon and can still be played, and the ones after do not have the icon and cannot be played. I've checked the forums and reddit, but did not find anyone report anything of the like.
Galnet_issue_2021.jpg

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

Nope. It has been discussed, but without anything coming out of it, in the threads I have seen. I had assumed there must be a report on it in the bug tracker, but maybe one should check to make sure...

The icon is indeed there on older articles, and the audio does play, so whatever replays it is still in the build, and able to access the article, regardless of whether the speech synthesis is performed real-time on the player's machine (which I have been assuming), or server side and downloaded as an audio file, like is done with digital assistants...

Maybe somebody is simply forgetting to set some flag, or other, that denotes a thumbs-up on sending the article to the text-to-speech engine... :p

EDIT: ...yep - there is a ticket: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/34938

Got a problem. The Galnet article narration (audio) has recently disappeared in my game. The articles continue to appear but the audio Icon is no longer present. This happened on May 17th. Now, when I enter the Galnet page, all articles before this date have the little audio icon and can still be played, and the ones after do not have the icon and cannot be played. I've checked the forums and reddit, but did not find anyone report anything of the like.View attachment 237656

Any ideas?
Looks like they have not been flagged for audio if they were published after Odyssey went live (19th May). Might I recommend https://www.youtube.com/c/GalnetNewsDigest for spoken Galnet articles?

Nope. It has been discussed, but without anything coming out of it, in the threads I have seen. I had assumed there must be a report on it in the bug tracker, but maybe one should check to make sure...

The icon is indeed there on older articles, and the audio does play, so whatever replays it is still in the build, and able to access the article, regardless of whether the speech synthesis is performed real-time on the player's machine (which I have been assuming), or server side and downloaded as an audio file, like is done with digital assistants...

Maybe somebody is simply forgetting to set some flag, or other, that denotes a thumbs-up on sending the article to the text-to-speech engine... :p

EDIT: ...yep - there is a ticket: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/34938
Looks like they have not been flagged for audio if they were published after Odyssey went live (19th May). Might I recommend https://www.youtube.com/c/GalnetNewsDigest for spoken Galnet articles?

Thanks guys. Signed the ticket. (y)
I know of the youtube Galnet page - but ingame is more immrsive :))

Yeah, it must be a "short-hands" issue, since most of everybody in FD (and I truly hope so) are working to get Odyssey ....Fixed.

Confirmed and Vote
Galnet audio option ( localized in french for me ) miss me

Top Bottom