Galnet 'in the news' galaxy map markers

Having galnet back is awesome, but it would be nice to see where the stories are taking place easily. (and decide if we want to visit or participate in events etc quickly and easily.)

We have markers for community goals etc, but having a 'systems in the news' with options for last week, last month, last day or similar would be convenient.

Alternatively, links in galnet stories to open the galaxy map to the relevant system or a keybind to press when listening to the in-game text to speech articles would be nice( open galmap and select system, plot route, or bookmark system etc would be good keybind options to add). Many names have multiple spelling, many names sound similar, and somethings have multiple instances (mostly stations) of the same name.

The clunky approach currently in game is probably enough to stop many causal players from bother with galnet content/events.
listen story in audio/text-to-speech player=> open text version of galnet=> find story=> find place in story that list location=> memorizes enough of the name/system or write it down to be able to search for it=> open galaxy map and seach for system mentioned in galnet.

Normally i just pull up the galnet archive site on my phone to get the spelling, but many newer player may not even know such a site exist, or may be using VR. Having an easy 'one click solution' to quickly and easily seeing where these stories are taking place in-game would be very nice to have.

They do that occasionally. When I've seen it done before, it was via a "View in galaxy map" button added to the end of the article text. However, they tend to use that feature sparingly - in particular, not when there's already an icon for the story-related thing in the galaxy map, as was the case for CGs and is the case this week for the burning stations. As for the stories we've had in the days since, they are being careful not to mention any specific systems, because they don't want to lead people into going to investigate systems where there's nothing unusual to find.

Top Bottom