Galnet Update 08.04.3307 - Adamastor Update

At the Hesperus now if anybody wants me to test anything? Cant hear any Morse or audible noises as such.

Mystery continues on this thread:

Last edited:
Noise nerds, what’s this saying? These things make a repeating signal. Probably s.o.s. But I don’t know Morse code.

Attachments

• 6B129976-9EF8-402F-A5D2-709828B61AD1.jpeg
    6B129976-9EF8-402F-A5D2-709828B61AD1.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 102
Thats a picture? What are you referring to? Morse needs either pictorial ...- type or even zzzx could be translated as Morse, or a sound.

Edit: Adamastor bleeps Morse SOS ... --- ... its one of the easier ones to pick up, most of the rest eludes me and my ears.

Thats a picture? What are you referring to? Morse needs either pictorial ...- type or even zzzx could be translated as Morse, or a sound.

Edit: Adamastor bleeps Morse SOS ... --- ... its one of the easier ones to pick up, most of the rest eludes me and my ears.
Is this how s.o.s. generally looks?

Attachments

• EAB6BB5E-3293-4612-80DA-362CAE247DC2.png
    EAB6BB5E-3293-4612-80DA-362CAE247DC2.png
    455.5 KB · Views: 98
Id say no but not an expert on audacity or whatever that used. Id expect 3 short spikes then 3 big then 3 small.

There are some Audacity pics of proper Morse and its pretty obvious and really easy to decipher, much easier than listening. Might even be on this thread somewhere, Ive seen it on the forums recently but dunno where and I get around a bit :).

something like this:

1618875717005.png

Last edited:
I think it's just to wait.

As soon as I have free time I play Odyssey to identify bugs and write about it to the developers.

I don't know how in other translations (I'm Russian) I have a lot of missions to free the settlements which were taken over by the FALLERS.

Id say no but not an expert on audacity or whatever that used. Id expect 3 short spikes then 3 big then 3 small.

There are some Audacity pics of proper Morse and its pretty obvious and really easy to decipher, much easier than listening. Might even be on this thread somewhere, Ive seen it on the forums recently but dunno where and I get around a bit :).

something like this:

View attachment 221711
Although I think this is a red-herring path, I'd point out that the morse emitted by things like the Thargoid Sensor is not clean like that at all. A "dash", for example, would be represented by three peaks, because it's a "warble" rather than a "wip".

Me and a wingmate would like to replay finding the Hesperus (starting from the GalNet messages early April).

Can anyone provide a step to step solution, where we can have a look if we shouldn't be able to find the answers ourselves? E.g. decrypting the first message, finding the listening posts etc.

Me and a wingmate would like to replay finding the Hesperus (starting from the GalNet messages early April).

Can anyone provide a step to step solution, where we can have a look if we shouldn't be able to find the answers ourselves? E.g. decrypting the first message, finding the listening posts etc.

Appendix 3.1 I tried to do it, but it got heavy and probably needs cleaning up. GalNet articles on same page.

The first hint is to look for a listening post in the Taurus region as being told by the Adamastor beacon.
You will find a recap on page 40 of this thread also.

Top Bottom