Game 76% off in Frontier store now

Oh no! cant help myself...another Commander then!

Have many people here have more than one account, just to have several characters (CMDRs)? And why?

Yet - I cannot really enjoy the game because of constant conn losses, like several others here, so buying the game again would just mean throwing good money after bad. So no, until they at least answer the problem threads and give a statement, they will see not see one cent from me...

Last edited:
Have many people here have more than one account, just to have several characters (CMDRs)? And why?

I have two accounts because I wanted one to be a "good guy" who was loyal to the Federation, the other is a "bad girl" loyal to the Empire. Having one CMDR that's both Admiral and King at the same time is nonsensical IMO. I also like the ability to go out exploring in deep space while having a CMDR back in the Bubble for whatever excitement might pop up week-to-week.

So no, until they at least answer the problem threads and give a statement, they will see not see one cent from me...

I agree with you here, but thankfully extra accounts are free on PS4 :p

I already have multiple ED accounts but find I can only manage two for serious progress. Nice Duck, my two cmdrs are "good" imperials (both Aisling pledged) :) .So one can stay in the bubble while the other goes on DW2.

I suspect Frontier will continue to have these "clearance" account sales periodically throughout the year, partly to hook in some more new players who are late to ED (some never tried ED due to the past trollish badmouthing by the naysaying bandwagon rumormill) , before the next new major DLC drops.

Last edited:

Yet - I cannot really enjoy the game because of constant conn losses, like several others here, so buying the game again would just mean throwing good money after bad. So no, until they at least answer the problem threads and give a statement, they will see not see one cent from me...

Yes I have several "Characters" I play in the game - I have one that exists just to have a PG for a squadron.

I don't seem to have these connection issues which people are complaining of. Yes there are the occasional "failed to connect to server" issues but I have had that only once in the past two or three weeks. Frankly, changing mode to solo always corrected that for me anyway.

So they dropped the price in January, then put it back up, then dropped it again almost immediately? A bit odd.

I picked up two alts in January, for several reasons. To fill the empty seats on my bridge in my larger ships (I got them working in multicrew), to provide a couple of extra power-management pips in combat, and to have one CMDR always in or near the Bubble and one in Colonia (eventually) while my main CMDR is wherever he wants to be.

As DW2 moves further from the Bubble, I guess more demand for second accounts is being created. My main CMDR followed DW2 for awhile, got ahead of them, and is now in Colonia. Not sure what DW2's route will be, but eventually flitting between DW2 and Colonia will become impractical, and my new alts will get a bit more attention.

Yeah, this does seem weird yoyo pricing - only a few days ago I was telling someone on here that another sale was unlikely for a while - how wrong I was!

Edit: Could be a rounding error, it was supposed to be the 25th Anniversary sale, but ended up 25.001th ...

Last edited:
I have enough time for one commander. Couldn't imagine finding time for a second!

Great price though for the base game and Horizons season pass - I wouldn't want to play Elite without all the Horizon extras.

Last edited:
Top Bottom