Game comparison FACT

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, posted this over in the RCTW forums, all information at the moment is fact, I am not advertising any game, just giving everyone a look at the facts that's why I posted over in the RCTW forums, please don't delete. I will post links to the information soon, I will not post links for any other games website.

PCRCTWTP
Price$30$50$15
Supported PlatformsWinWin/LinuxWin/Linux/Max
Path systemLooks complete freeform but ?FreeishGrid
Scenary Free PlaceYesNoNo
Piece by piece (modular building)YesNo *Yes
Custom Coaster StationsYes w. aboveNoYes w. above
Coaster BuilderP-P/SplineSpline/P-PP-P
Modular Flat RidesYesNoNo
Color ridesYes?Yes
Customise ridesYes?Yes
Change Ride animationYesNoNo
Rides use surrounding sceneryYesYesNo
Underground BuildingYes?Yes
Dark RidesNo *No *No *
Water RidesYesNo *Yes
CS ingame?YesYes
Adjustable Paths WidthsYesYesYes [SIZE=2]#[/SIZE]
Share Rides / coastersYesYesYes
RestaurantsYes?No
Fireworks editorNo *?No
Expansion Packs?YesNo
* = After release so not counting. We cannot be sure if the game fails we will get this content
# = Paths can be combined for wider paths
P-P means Piece by piece building

I will keep this updated if someone has Confirmed info I may have missed please let me know I would like to add more to this as time goes on.

Last edited:
With Planet Coaster it is too early to know what is post launch or not, because it is early enough in development for those features to be possibly added before launch.

Put supported platforms on there as well. [yesnod]

Is custom scenery supported in Planet Coaster? They said User-Generated Content is supported, but then they followed that by talking about ride and building blueprints...to me UGC = objects modeled in a 3rd party modeling app like Maya and imported in game, so I'm not sure if UGC means something else to them. Unless I missed a confirmation somewhere on the forums? If so, could someone kindly post a link of this confirmation for me? [big grin]

Either way, this is an absolute must have (at least eventually). It's the only reason RCT3 has survived all these years.

Last edited:
They've continually hinted at expansion packs, saying "we plan on supporting this game for years."

RCTW won't have tunnels so underground building won't be available.

Is custom scenery supported in Planet Coaster? They said User-Generated Content is supported, but then they followed that by talking about ride and building blueprints...to me UGC = objects modeled in a 3rd party modeling app like Maya and imported in game, so I'm not sure if UGC means something else to them. Unless I missed a confirmation somewhere on the forums? If so, could someone kindly post a link of this confirmation for me? [big grin]

Either way, this is an absolute must have (at least eventually). It's the only reason RCT3 has survived all these years.
I thought they meant that you can use your own custom scenery but how you say it can be true. But when you look at the scenery what they have it pretty nice so I hope that if there is custom scenery that Frontier add them self some more packs. Because There are a few people who can make it so beautiful as they can.

Harbinger

Volunteer Moderator
I thought they meant that you can use your own custom scenery but how you say it can be true. But when you look at the scenery what they have it pretty nice so I hope that if there is custom scenery that Frontier add them self some more packs. Because There are a few people who can make it so beautiful as they can.

They said you could save your scenery as a blueprint and share it in Dev Dary #2 (it may have been in the extended Coaster Head cut though).

Harbinger

Volunteer Moderator
Yeah just checked there's a section where John Laws is talking about building huge hand of rock holding a pirate galleon and once you've done that you can save the whole thing as a blueprint and share it.

Transcript:
John Laws said:
Currently you can combine lamps, rocks, big landscape scenery like a galleon. So lets say that if you wanted to, you could use all the little component rocks and make some huge hand of rock, and in that hand you could put a galleon, and when you've made that you can then set the whole thing, turn it into a blueprint, save it and share it. Or just put it around your park. That's Powerful!

Last edited:
Yeah the CS ingame feature for PC should be set to N/A. CSO is not confirmed for PC and i think this is one of the things they will add after release.

They will give us enough pieces and things to play with. The pirate themed pieces we saw look really great and in my opinion already a lot more interesting than the pieces we had in RCT3 (like the red brick with yellow roof). From what i saw i won't be missing CSO in the beginning, but after a long time i hope this will become available. We can never have enough pieces [happy]

Last edited:
Is TP, the old Theme Park from the early 2000's, or is this another game?

Last edited:
I have changed CS to ? for PC because I was counting the building in game then copying it so everyone could share and use it but I understand it isn't what RCTW or TP can do actually taking models from blender. Hopefully PC will allow that to make it even more awesome.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Is TP, the old Theme Park from the early 2000, or is this another game?

Theme Parkitect, its the only game I know that is really trying to enter the theme park management sim genre

I think it is a realy bad game. [mad]

Why do you think this? It gets updated every week and they are doing some pretty amazing things there are only 3 of them after all. There's a modding community behind them now too. They have more confirmed Yes's than RCTW lol

I think it is a realy bad game. [mad]

Parkitect isn't a bad game... You can even put Parkitect in same category as PC and RCTW, they're doing something completely different. It's not only a game, it's a tribute to RCT2 and old-school simulation. (emphasis on old-school) And in my opinion if we should even compare Parkitect to the other two, PC and Parkitect seem to be at the same level of functionality. I'd play Parkitect over RCTW any day though.

I must say I appreciate this didnt get delete as on "the other forum" where they keep deleting posts all day long...

Nice comparsion I hope you gonna keep it updated.

Why do you think this? It gets updated every week and they are doing some pretty amazing things there are only 3 of them after all. There's a modding community behind them now too. They have more confirmed Yes's than RCTW lol
+1

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom