Game crashes on startup

I have just bought JWE on steam along with all DLC minus the newest one however the game loads a black screen with the blue mouse cursor then immediately shuts down and I get a message saying JWE has crashed.

My laptop is brand new, just got it yesterday and I have more than the recommended specs to play this.

My specs are:
MSI GL73 9SD
I7 9th gen
16GB Ram , 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD
NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB
Windows 10

I have updated nvidia drivers, set up MSI for gaming and installed all the latest Windows updates. I have validated game files yet nothing is making this game load

Can anyone help?

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
We have an update coming on Thursday for PC and PS4 which resolves to fix a selection of crash related issues. If you still experience these issues after the update be sure to reach out to Support via the link Lora shared above.

We have an update coming on Thursday for PC and PS4 which resolves to fix a selection of crash related issues. If you still experience these issues after the update be sure to reach out to Support via the link Lora shared above.

The update hasn't changed anything and the game still won't load

Go into the Nvidia settings and make sure the game is set to use the 1660 in its profile. For whatever reason the drivers set it to the intel GPU rather than the discrete one.

I have no idea why it does this (choosing intel over the Nvidia), but it does and changing that one setting should fix it.

Go into the Nvidia settings and make sure the game is set to use the 1660 in its profile. For whatever reason the drivers set it to the intel GPU rather than the discrete one.

I have no idea why it does this (choosing intel over the Nvidia), but it does and changing that one setting should fix it.

I changed it from automatically select, to nvidea graphics but still no luck. Game still won't load

Another issue I had was that I had to update the drivers, the originals that came with my laptop would not run the game. Also, (may, or may not be a factor) I always have my laptop plugged in when gaming.

Another issue I had was that I had to update the drivers, the originals that came with my laptop would not run the game. Also, (may, or may not be a factor) I always have my laptop plugged in when gaming.
I submitted a ticket and turns out nahimic was causing the problem. I uninstalled it and it fixed the problem

Top Bottom