Game crashing/blue screen while mining, costing a rebuy

My game just crashed while mining void opals out in Carcosa, outside Colonia. Not only that, I had to do a 9 million credit rebuy of my Python when my ship was fine prior to the crash! I also lost over 80 tons of opals that sell for 1.7 million/ton. Then there is the time I spent.

I was already having a difficult enough time with the server disconnects that usually mean I lose mining progress and have to deal with scan/interdictions when I relog with payload. Those happened regularly with both surface and deep core mining. This crash/ship rebuy is the straw that, well, you know.

It crashed because you lost the proper connection to server, so the game server expects you to smaash in to rocks and Die... but due to the disconnection the game does not display whats being recorded on server...

My ship wasn't moving, it was 1.4 ish from the rock that was exploding as my game crashed. And I've flown into asteroids harder and not even lost my shield.

My ship wasn't moving, it was 1.4 ish from the rock that was exploding as my game crashed. And I've flown into asteroids harder and not even lost my shield.
It was before the disconnection failure... The same happens with delays in rocks exploding count down timer stops and starts...
And the invisible rocks that don't render then smash your ship...

The exact same thing happened to me a few weeks ago the first time I tried a Clipper at DC mining, so you’re not alone. I also wasn’t moving, with no big rocks anywhere near me, waiting for my limpets to do their work. Strange sound, warning hull compromised, no ship explosion, blue crash screen.

Been playing since PS4 release and never had a crash until then. The rebuy wasn’t a problem, but it became my 10th insurance claim and I was really trying to keep that in single figures 😬

Did it actually cost you any credits?

I've had this happen four times now, but despite being moved many LYs to a penal colony for the rebuy the cost was ZERO and I still had all my cargo after I got my ship back. Annoying having to jump 200+ back, but better than losing everything, I suppose.

I never checked if it increased my insurance claims though; I was just happy I got it all back.

This is a known glitch (been one since the new mining came out) that is rare and very random. What happens is a limpet glitches out when it's putting the Void Opals in your cargo hatch and instantly explodes your ship plus crashes the game simultaneously. Now since this happened you can submit a ticket to FDev and they will refund your ship rebuy and maybe the cost of the lost Void Opals but only expect the ship rebuy.

This is a known glitch (been one since the new mining came out) that is rare and very random. What happens is a limpet glitches out when it's putting the Void Opals in your cargo hatch and instantly explodes your ship plus crashes the game simultaneously. Now since this happened you can submit a ticket to FDev and they will refund your ship rebuy and maybe the cost of the lost Void Opals but only expect the ship rebuy.

This ^. You should submit a support ticket to frontier at https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/ where they can go through your logs.

They can refund your rebuy(s).

Top Bottom