Game crashing on xbox S X when I go to market

Did someone else have this problem? Not every time but often - quite important - not only game crash but all xbox shutting down.

The game shut off on me yesterday morning, but not Xbox. I restarted the game in solo mode, with no more issues. I didn't mess with the market.

Yes, it happens to me too. I've reported it but haven't heard anything back.

I thought it was just my cutter but it occurs with any ship.

Yep, re-occurring bug that drops into game from time to time. Usually happens with they are fixing things (other bugs). Had it happen few days ago three times in one hour then stop. Crashed once yesterday. All you can do is restart and push on. I've stopped wasting time submitting tickets as there have been no discernable change in patterns over the years. Only seems to happen shortly after big updates and fades away once they stop working on patches and the other bugs go away. I surmise it's due to Odyssey efforts, as I can see all the settlements tagged in the Market Compare Tool, but they do not show up in the GALMAP/SYSTEM MAPs. Must be working on the ODY for console in the background.

This was also happening last night : visiting (certain) planets & landing. Re occurring - this can be most annoying, just like the glitching when you join a wing & then it boots you.

Had four disconnects from frontier servers in a row, trying to enter SC to get from my FC to a station under .23 ls away. Kept getting stuck in the perpetual jump with no sound and no way to exit until it timed out. Tried rebooting, going solo and nothing worked until it stopped on its own; "most annoying," quite the understatement. But when it went away I was able to continue playing without any incidents - at least another 5hrs. Still love this game, XBSX and/or PC - both addictive 😊

Yes, i randomly have the same issue with the market, but it seems not be linked to console hardware. (with old gen, the game crash and the console shut down / With new gen the game crash and the console stays on but you have to reboot your console if you want to play again)

Soft locks about 1 out 4 times when I am in the commodities market. Most likely to happen if I hit the “compare” button. On Xbox One (not S or X)

Must be working on Oddity for Console - getting a lot of soft-locks and buzz crashing today. Really hope this does not last as long as the FC update break-in, read bug fixing, took; then again might be past that already.

Multiple markets no pattern happens with both sell and buy at this point. Very sad.
Now I cannot connect to Frontier Servers. Must be time to return to FORZA.
Back in, but had to reboot to get out of the bad instance.

Last edited:
Multiple markets no pattern happens with both sell and buy at this point. Very sad.
Now I cannot connect to Frontier Servers. Must be time to return to FORZA.
Back in, but had to reboot to get out of the bad instance.
interesting.

i had this happening to me yesterday but today has been just fine.

it would be pretty cool if this was all some sort of indication that FDev was working on Odyssey for Xbox.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Just happened to me also.
Anymore of this and the reports will be going to Microsoft.
All the PS5 crash reports get reported and I've had probably a few hundred of them with Elite Dangerous (interestingly not a single one with Ratchet and Clank hmm).

All of them goto Sony and FDev, unfortunately still nothing is seemingly being done about it. 😞

I wish you luck getting this resolved.

@stormyuk Good to know it's getting reported to FDev; seems to happen after every update, with EDO having an exceptionally long life. I don't think there is anything we can do except play through it. Bouncing between SOLO/OPEN has no effect so as frustrating as it may be at the time, it's not game breaking like some of the other bugs I've seen reported. The having to restart the console is new though, so that makes me think it's connected to future EDO for console code, along with being able to see all the EDO settlements in the compare tools. I fly PC too, and like being able to visit some of the extractions sites - very, very profitable for traders. I actually am making serious profits backhauling commodities while fortifying Patreus systems in PowerPlay. Never able to do it like I can now - 100 to 200m profit at the end of cycle of forting via two accounts. Really looking forward to the Console EDO too, as I prefer the EDO UI. Still the best game there is for a pilot wanna be - now if XBOX would just let me connect my Warthog rig and add VR . . . . my therapist says I'd be cured, at least until the next big update.

Top Bottom