Game Ethics

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Its become clear very quickly that the game has quite a lot of ethics built in. Great for kids but pretty lame for a nut job like me. You cant sell babies so no puppy farming behind the scenes. Booo... You cant drop lions into springbok enclosures for that authentic African experience...boo and you cant drop zoo guests in with the tigers..... boo... (ive tried all 3). Heck the keepers just walk around among my Grizzly bears like its his back garden. Really wish the animals ate people, especially keepers and those annoying guests that pull faces at the animals.

I'm glad it has these ethics. Obviously even adults still hgave to learn a lot about animals: Animals are no killing machines. Most don't even right about kill people who are silly enough to enter their habitat. Almost no animal will eat a guman intruder, even after killing.

A shooter might be the better game for you. Planet Zoo will never have the things you wish for implemented.

i bet youve tried it.....

but you did highlight one point ..... 'game'.....

I reccomend playing the first two Zoo tycoon games instead. They do have the things you are looking for.

And by the way, animals in PZ do kill other animals, if they are carnivores.

oh my lord.... so serious. Dont you wonder why they add in all the cute animals and cartoon people.

On the flipside, maybe a number crunch management simulator like 'calculator simulator 2019' would be better for some people.....

Lighten up....

PS... ive played the other games you mention. That what happens when youre 47.....

Mods - can you just delete this thread please. Some people are too far up their persons to have a bit of fun at christmas time

If you connect an antelope habitat and a tiger habitat, and than remove the middle barrier, you see what will happen. Tigers are mean to antelopes. Enjoy the carnage. You can connect many habitats like that, and than remove the middle barriers.

Remove a piece of path around where guests are walking, and than build a lion habitat around that piece of path on which guests are standing. Watch them scream for your attention to help them. The lions will not eat them, but surely scare the heck out of them. And these guests will stay there screaming forever, as long as you want. Let your imagination go wild. There are a whole lot of possibilities for a creative mind.

Don't listen to these "nay" sayers. It is your zoo, and these guest make a mess of your zoo anyway. Nobody will miss them.

Mods, please don't delete this. Let us have some fun in our minds ;)

Last edited:
Thank you!!!.... i only want to see what happens and what the devs have secretly allowed for in the code without people jumping in claiming im immature and i should play an FPS shooter instead....

Thank you!!!.... i only want to see what happens and what the devs have secretly allowed for in the code without people jumping in claiming im immature and i should play an FPS shooter instead....
Go for it. Let your imagination go wild. There are more wild animals on the outside than on the inside of a cage :D

I understand you're just having a bit of fun. And some guests do deserve to become the next toy enrichment for my tigers. But while it might be interesting for some to have that sort of option, the mechanics would require additional development work all around (design, research, animation, coding, graphics, sound, testing, etc.). Not to mention bug fixes and the like. It's likely not worth the investment and it seems to deviate from the studio's game design.

On the "maturity" narrative of the thread, I don't know if it's really fair to say that it's an immature character trait to want to just have a bit of fun with the virtual world at our finger tips. While my initial reaction was some lightweight shock at the idea, I was reminded of how I'd sometimes turn loose natural disasters on my old Sim City 2000 game just to see what happened.

No sims were harmed in the making of my fun!

Please, no-one in this thread said anything about “pixel animals have rights too” or “how dare you have fun”, that must be your own interpretation.

I simply stated that it surprise me that adults would find that fun, so I stated my opinion. But by all means have fun if that is what entertain you. Our answer then stated that this game do not have what you are looking for to this extend, which you interpreted as “omg those boring people that fight for pixel animal rights”.

Figures.

Last edited:
"Interesting, I would asume that throwing people in animal’s exhibit in a zoo simulator would be a source of fun for kids, since they tend to do that, not mature adults.

Guess this game is not for you buddy. "

"I'm glad it has these ethics. Obviously even adults still hgave to learn a lot about animals: Animals are no killing machines. Most don't even right about kill people who are silly enough to enter their habitat. Almost no animal will eat a guman intruder, even after killing.

A shooter might be the better game for you. Planet Zoo will never have the things you wish for implemented. "

Not trying to over analyse something here but when you say "Our answer then stated ....". I think it clearly shows the posts you see as potentially negative.

Anyway, theres plenty of other threads for you to go be mature in. Leave us kids in here to have fun and share stupid videos of the crazy things you can do in game. Ciao....

Oh, I see. Not sure why did you post this thread if the answer that this game do not have the features you asked for upsets you.

As for my surprise about adults liking this kind of fun, not sure where the problem is? I find it surprising, that is all. I will be stating my opinion wherever I want, thank you very much.

No you're just being ridiculous and petty, and im the one being called immature. Grow up guys. Its just a bit of fun for heavens sake

Anyway, back to my oh so serious real life work before i go home to be all serious on my oh so sensible zoo simulator while trying to disregard the overly cute animals and cartoon like people and language.

Relevant people now blocked. Ive asked the mods to lock the thread. Shame some people have to be so toxic and point score all the time.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom