Game headlines - ancient modules

Does anybody knows how the game naturally leads to any specific mission, for example, the guardian modules and etc? I mean, currently it's just a matter of googling it and you will find a fast path for everything to not waste time doing this or that, but playing for many hours on PC and now on PS4, I haven't found, except by the engineers, any thread or headline that leads you "naturally" to things that are really important to the game story.. Just wondering..

Yes, there are some missions seeded across the galaxy. But they are few and far apaprt and no, the game does not take you by the hand and walks you through the story. You've got to find things, or google them...

I think RamTha did issue a mission for the Guardian Ruins, maybe still does.

At Obsidian Orbital you get missions for Thargoid artefacts.

There are listening posts seeded across the galaxy. Most of them lead to something of interest.

Sometimes GalNet drops a hint and some rare "tip-off" missions pop up ... and even rarer they lead to something meaningful. I think I remember rumors that one time there was a "tip-off" that was somehow relevant ... not sure though.

Ther first Interstellar Initiative installed a ferry to the Guardians and had some story-gameplay around the ruins.

Sometimes there are (or have been?) littel sniplets of story at the station - faction - news - boards.

Last edited:
Visiting stations with 'Guardian Technology Brokers' makes you think "Hmmm... what are these Guardians they speak of?". Then, you look in the Codex and learn a little about them. "Sounds interesting" you think. You remember noticing a filter in the Galaxy Map for 'Guardian Systems'. You think to yourself "Well, well... I wonder if there's any Guardians loitering about in them there systems? Perhaps I'll find some of those fancy bits and bobs the Technology Broker was after?". And so, after equipping a ship for exploration (and perhaps some guns... just in case) you set off on an expedition to scan and investigate those systems..... The Adventure Begins!!!!

Curiosity is the main tool for discovering what's out there to be discovered :)

Yes, there are some missions seeded across the galaxy. But they are few and far apaprt and no, the game does not take you by the hand and walks you through the story. You've got to find things, or google them...

I think RamTha did issue a mission for the Guardian Ruins, maybe still does.

At Obsidian Orbital you get missions for Thargoid artefacts.

There are listening posts seeded across the galaxy. Most of them lead to something of interest.

Sometimes GalNet drops a hint and some rare "tip-off" missions pop up ... and even rarer they lead to something meaningful. I think I remember rumors that one time there was a "tip-off" that was somehow relevant ... not sure though.

Ther first Interstellar Initiative installed a ferry to the Guardians and had some story-gameplay around the ruins.

Sometimes there are (or have been?) littel sniplets of story at the station - faction - news - boards.

Thx Arkadi, that's what I though, small pieces of disconnected information across many different communication channels (missions, galnet, posts in every station etc).

Definitely googling is the fastest way and many things I found so far was there. Hopefully there's a huge community helping each other.

Galnet and older initiatives to new incomers can be hard to look into, imagine a huge archive with piles of information that are not even useful anymore (prior to Horizons, I can say)..

I'm not trying to discuss if there's a better method to find things, I was just wondering how ppl that may have huge gaps (me in example, I stopped playing ED on PC in the early 2015 then went back earlier this year on PS4) go after that kind of progress without googling it.

In any case, thanks for your clarification o7

Visiting stations with 'Guardian Technology Brokers' makes you think "Hmmm... what are these Guardians they speak of?". Then, you look in the Codex and learn a little about them. "Sounds interesting" you think. You remember noticing a filter in the Galaxy Map for 'Guardian Systems'. You think to yourself "Well, well... I wonder if there's any Guardians loitering about in them there systems? Perhaps I'll find some of those fancy bits and bobs the Technology Broker was after?". And so, after equipping a ship for exploration (and perhaps some guns... just in case) you set off on an expedition to scan and investigate those systems..... The Adventure Begins!!!!

Curiosity is the main tool for discovering what's out there to be discovered :)

Totally agree !

Top Bottom