Release Game Music Packs: Announcement, Update VMX 1.3.1 now available.

Hi folks,

Just a quick one to let people know that we've just updated the Elite Dangerous: Exploration music pack system to VMX version 1.3.1.

Features include:
Improvement to live variant remixing system
Plugin improvements
Basic support for external players such as VLC, Spotify etc
Bug fixes, numerous QoL improvements
Update to the manual regarding using Music Pack with other packs
Lots more.

More info here: https://gamemusicpacks.com/downloads/exploration-pack/

Obsidian Ant takes a look at a Game Music Pack here:
[video=youtube_share;84q5_dQGazE]https://youtu.be/84q5_dQGazE[/video]

Thanks for reading, have a great day and don't get eaten by the Thargoids ;)

Very nice indeed. Makes my inner composer itch a bit now... I'm not really into it myself, but a Combat Pack would be pretty impressive in the future.... :p

Dedicated combat pack is due early(ish) next year :) There will also be combat and alien themes in the upcoming Trade/Mission pack very soon. Thanks, have a good day :)

Very neat touch - opening VA you get Obs Ant telling you there is a new musicpack version available.

[up]

Last edited:
Go on, you know you want one :D Food... who needs to eat food :x

I'll get it eventually. :D
I got my new GPU finally. But now I need a new PSU! (And voice attack, of course).

Plus I'm waiting on the combat pack, because I don't actually do that much exploration. Lol

I love food. If I was going to give something up, it'd be the council tax. :p

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

I saw that Vid by Obsidian Ant at the weekend, and I just had to have it. I've already got Voice Attack and about 5 of the HCSVoicepacks, it just seemed the perfect add on.
:)

Great! Which GPU did you go for in the end? Was it 1060 you said? The Trade & Mission pack btw features combat music, it is the main pack that will combine with the other 2, so it has elements of both softer music and harder, it will include alien incursion/battle music, regular battles, plus all the music for the general parts of the game, travelling, missions, mining, super cruise etc. This is a big pack and will be required if you wish to run Exploration and/or Combat pack in context driven mode (the other 2 packs can be imported in).
Trade pack is... Coming Soon (tm) :) very soon.

I'll get it eventually. :D
I got my new GPU finally. But now I need a new PSU! (And voice attack, of course).

Plus I'm waiting on the combat pack, because I don't actually do that much exploration. Lol

I love food. If I was going to give something up, it'd be the council tax. :p

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

Great! Which GPU did you go for in the end? Was it 1060 you said? The Trade & Mission pack btw features combat music, it is the main pack that will combine with the other 2, so it has elements of both softer music and harder, it will include alien incursion/battle music, regular battles, plus all the music for the general parts of the game, travelling, missions, mining, super cruise etc. This is a big pack and will be required if you wish to run Exploration and/or Combat pack in context driven mode (the other 2 packs can be imported in).
Trade pack is... Coming Soon (tm) :) very soon.

Actually, a kind forum member sold me their AMD R9 280X. Which is amazing, considering what I paid for it, and so much better than my 7 year old AMD HD 6870. :D
(Which is now retired to the attic).
I hopefully won't need another new GPU for a few more years.

I'll likely be buying the packs (probably just all of them, lol) as soon as I have a bit of free cash, once I get a shiny new PSU.
My current PSU is older than my old GPU. :D
Then everything in my PC will be a maximum of 4 years old! Yay!... I need to stop being poor. Lol

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

I know someone with the same card you just picked up, he raves about it, performance per buck is outstanding apparently.
Replaced my PSU recently as well, had a 10 year old XFX which served me well, it was still working, but since it was for the studio PC, I didn't want to risk it any longer. Using a Corsair 750Watt PSU now, it's very quiet, feels and looks sturdy, going well so far. Most of my PC except the PSU and gfx card is now 4 years old too :)

Actually, a kind forum member sold me their AMD R9 280X. Which is amazing, considering what I paid for it, and so much better than my 7 year old AMD HD 6870. :D
(Which is now retired to the attic).
I hopefully won't need another new GPU for a few more years.

I'll likely be buying the packs (probably just all of them, lol) as soon as I have a bit of free cash, once I get a shiny new PSU.
My current PSU is older than my old GPU. :D
Then everything in my PC will be a maximum of 4 years old! Yay!... I need to stop being poor. Lol

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

Last edited:
Top Bottom