General / Off-Topic Game of Thrones - Season 8 (Potential spoilers inside)

Up to the very moment I saw the last of Drogan flying away with my Queen in that horrific scene, I had been hoping they would show a hidden scene after the credits. Where Drogon takes Dany to a volcano somewhere in Essos that no man has ever discovered. Drops her in, and just as she enters the lava her eyes open. They're a Bella Cullen blood red. She's instantly reborn by the Fire God (btw: EXACTLY WHO THE <NOPE>EXACTLY WAS THIS DEITY THAT BERIC-WAS-RESURRECTED-100x-FOR-JUST-TO-SAVE-ARYA SUPPOSED TO BE<NOPE>

Drogon then swoops down and gently retrieves his resurrected fireborn mommy from the lava and flies off with her somewhere in the direction of Essos. Where a wiser Dany decides to rule Meereen which she abandoned in her ill fated bid for the iron throne. And is left brooding in her pyramid throne room on how best to assassinate Tyrion for all his treachery. Punish the North by reducing Winterfell to ash for Sansa's ingratitude. Anything but the <NOPE>ending my eyes were visually <NOPE> with in the last 20 mins of Danearys on screen time on a show that ran for practically a decade.

Well learned my lesson. NEVER watch the movies first before reading the books. Definitely waiting on RR Martin's vision/interpretation of what the song of Fire & Ice really means. Will Martin's endgame be
  1. a Man v. Himself conflict aka Aegon Targaryen (fire) v. Jon Snow (Ice)?
  2. a Man v. Man conflict aka Daenarys Targaryen (fire) v. Jon Snow (Ice)?
  3. a Man v. Nature/supernatural conflict aka Dany & Jon of House Targaryen (fire) v. the Night King (ice)?
Really hoping it's #3. The battle for the iron throne shouldn't be the end game focus IMO. Just seems to trivialize the whole purpose of Good v Evil in the GoT lore.

I half expected Drogon to carry Dany north of the wall looking for a children of the forest to turn her into the Night Queen. Imagine shock on Jon's face when he sees his queen reborn as a white walker and she will ensure he can't betray or deny what she wants ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Let's stop with the evading the swear filter please.

The golden era of the Silver Screen that was Hollywood (defined by sterling professionals who made epics the likes of Gone with the Wind) died decades ago. The entertainment industry in general is creatively bankrupt. It no longer has innovative and visionary writers/producers who can produce ORIGINAL and INSPIRATIONAL content. These so called industry professionals now rely on regurgitating existing work by other non industry professionals. The only way "blockbuster" movies are still being generated to date is from conversion of pre-existing pop culture/pop icon content into movies. Content the likes of Marvel/DC Comics, from the gaming industry (like Resident Evil, Assassin's Creed), from fantasy books aka LoTD, Hunger Games, Twilight etc (written by successful and creative authors the likes of Rowling, Stephanie Meyers, Susan Collins etc). The creative professional talent that made the entertainment industry what it was is dead.

And sadly just like the gaming industry and Hollywood, it now appears the demise of the other half of the entertainment sector (aka TV land) is now complete. The passing for TV content today i.e. TWD/FTWD franchise, and way D&D decided to profane RR Martin's creative vision is proof of that :cautious:

The golden era of the Silver Screen that was Hollywood (defined by sterling professionals who made epics the likes of Gone with the Wind) died decades ago. The entertainment industry in general is creatively bankrupt. It no longer has innovative and visionary writers/producers who can produce ORIGINAL and INSPIRATIONAL content. These so called industry professionals now rely on regurgitating existing work by other non industry professionals. The only way "blockbuster" movies are still being generated to date is from conversion of pre-existing pop culture/pop icon content into movies. Content the likes of Marvel/DC Comics, from the gaming industry (like Resident Evil, Assassin's Creed), from fantasy books aka LoTD, Hunger Games, Twilight etc (written by successful and creative authors the likes of Rowling, Stephanie Meyers, Susan Collins etc). The creative professional talent that made the entertainment industry what it was is dead.

And sadly just like the gaming industry and Hollywood, it now appears the demise of the other half of the entertainment sector (aka TV land) is now complete. The passing for TV content today i.e. TWD/FTWD franchise, and way D&D decided to profane RR Martin's creative vision is proof of that :cautious:
The worst thing is that I don't really believe they decided to profane. That would suggest intent. I think it's much simpler - they really are THAT clueless when comes to creative work.

Now that it's all good and done with water frozen solid under the bridge, will someone please explain:

• WHERE. THE. {my custom profanity censored} did Drogon take Dany's body to? Once he executed the Iron Throne (which he apparently decided had stabbied her with one of it's offensive pointy things) did he carry her off to eat her as a snack in his long flight out of Westeros? Find the other Red Women to help him ask the Fire God to resurrect his Mommy? I mean if Beric can return 1+E06 times then WHY. THE. {my custom profanity censored} not with Dany? Or did Drogon spirit her away out of genuine grief, compassion and concern? Because being the intelligent and compassionate fire breathing dragon that he was, he didn't want to hurt Jon Dovahkin (whom he sensed his Mommy had genuinely loved). Or was it because he didn't want to let his beloved Mommy's body fall into the hands of the enemy?
  • Did he fly back to Dragonstone? Essos? The Grass Sea? To the Essos wilderness where he was born? Did he decide to go east of Essos? West of Westeros? Exactly what the {my custom profanity censored} was going down in Drogon's decision making here???
  • Now that Dany is dead, word will surely spread to Essos. At least to Naarth, since Grey Worm and his Unsullied homeboys are headed there. And with the Dothraki homeboys as well, as it seems likely many will elect to return to their native homeland in the Great Grass Sea
  • Is Khal Drogo still waiting for his Moon in that tent with his unborn son? Or did D&D decide to make him wait an eternity for Dany's return? At which point Drogo can happily reunite and they quietly pass into the Night Lands? How completely {my custom profanity censored} is that? Where D&D couldn't even be basically bothered with a courtesy 5 min epilogue to close the loop on this prophecy Dany saw in the House of the Undying? Yet they dedicated some {my custom profanity censored} minutes of the final EP making us watch Tyrion do that sloth walk to the ruins of the Red Keep?
  • EXACTLY HOW. THE {my custom profanity censored} did Grey Worm keep teleporting all over King's Landing? One moment he's getting lectured by Tyrion about the morality of killing surrendered soldiers. Tyrion tells him to hold off while he speaks with his Queen. Grey Worm agrees. Then proceeds to bloodily execute an apparently LONG line of Lannister soldiers the moment Tyrion leaves. Tyrion begins that long walk of sorrow to the Red Keep. Only to encounter a now rational (and very un-bloodied) Grey Worm calmly guarding the entrance to the ruins of the Keep in the exact. opposite. direction??? o_O
  • And EXACTLY HOW. THE {my custom profanity censored} did Tyrion know exactly where to go to find the perfectly preserved corpses of his late, and dearly departed incestuous twin siblings? I mean the EXACT spot where they perished? Which btw, should've been at the bottom of at least 8+ stories of rubble seeing how Jamie had led Cersei into the depths of the basement of the Keep.:rolleyes:
  • WTH happened to Dario? Is he still ruler of Essos? Plundering, looting, and {my custom profanity censored} every virgin/two legged human females he encounters in Essos? Did he decide to go East of Essos? Is he dead?? Why the {my custom profanity censored} couldn't he have come to Dany's aid after the sack of King's Landing and saved her from being murdered by Aegon??? Second to Jora, he was the only other man in Dany's life who genuinely loved and appreciated her (translation: wouldn't have an attack of moral conscience because she became something else that contradicts his moral/ethic perspective on life). YES. I still want a happier ending for Dany. Because she deserved it.:mad:
  • What the {my custom profanity censored} was the whole point of the Dornish story arc? RRM gave D&D so much content and lore from the books. Yet they elected to go the route and pull the equivalent of Harry Potter 3 aka PoA movie where producer Cuaron decided to ignore 400+ pages of book lore. Re invent HP universe by flying Dementors soaring hundreds of feet in the air. Or adding those useless Jamaican shrunken heads on the HP Night bus ride....:cautious:
  • Why does the North get to be the only kingdom in Westeros that doesn't have to bend the knee yet it's still part of the 7 kingdoms??? Why even be acknowledged as part of the 7 kingdoms if it can't even do that?? :rolleyes:
  • Why does {my custom profanity censored} Sansa get to be Queen and not Dany (in some undead/supernatural way)? Where is the justice in that??:mad:
  • Bran the Broken is {my custom profanity censored} KING. King Bran of Westeros, King of the Andals and the First Men, Protector of the Seven Kingdoms, Unofficial Lord of Winterfell, Lord Paramount of the Westerlands, basically all that is east of Narnia and west of Wakanda etc etc. Oh {my custom profanity censored} my GoT fan boi life
  • BRAN gets to be KING. When his voyeuristic, crippled {my custom profanity censored} donkey's rear end was what first gave ppl the reason to start disliking him in S1. Snooping and sneaking on elevated battlements and towers where he wasn't supposed to be. Sneaking around high towers at the wrong place and wrong time. Why the {my custom profanity censored} is Bran King? When he was the sole reason for both who poor Hodor became and for Hodor's death?? Why the {my custom profanity censored} is Bran King, when he did absolutely 100% of 0% in earning his claim the entire show? When he was always too preoccupied streaming history videos on BranTV, and night tripping with ravens for the whole {my custom profanity censored} show? Why the {my custom profanity censored} is Bran King, when he was AWOL at critical times when his help was needed the most? Like the time he went night tripping when the 2 wildlings and Hodor were trying to save him from the NK outside the Wall. Like that time when he was night tripping in an NK induced blizzard with the ravens, and so too busy to bother with trying to possess Viserion. Which btw, would've greatly helped in taking out the NK. Or helping out Theon in Godswood for that matter...
  • Why the {my custom profanity censored} did D&D ever bother deciding to show us the Children of the Forest story arc? Only to kill off the last Child of the Forest (who looked a lot like that sadistic culty looking one who created the NK btw), showing us how poor Hodor got his name, and yet still NOT providing any closure by having a post credit, live BranTV stream reflecting on the outcome of this arc?
  • Why was Jon Snow/Aegon Targareyen made into such a passive-micro aggressive (vulgar moniker for kitty cat) this entire {my custom profanity censored} season? :rolleyes:Why was it so {my custom profanity censored} difficult for the only remaining, living son and true male heir of the Targaryen dynasty to think like an alpha male when needed? When he was doing this unconsciously for the last 7 {my custom profanity censored} seasons? Why did it take a 15-20 min scene with Tyrion to convince him to act decisively and fulfill the prophecy? Why. The. {my custom profanity censored} did D&D go to such extremes to make me come to hate him so {my custom profanity censored} much?
  • And why oh WHY. THE. {my custom profanity censored} did D&D opt to let Daenarys Stormborn go out like a (female dog) the way she did? After they spent the ENTIRE show building her up into the goddess level protagonist that she was when she left Essos, Daenarys should've went out like the end game BOSS she was. The way little Lady Monmount did in the battle for Winterfell but on a more epic scale. Daenarys--despite being unnaturally pushed to a rapid descent into madness by some existent forces not to be named here--totally deserved better. Period.
If there is a franchise hell, I hope D&D will be strapped to a sofa in a straight jacket. Forced to watch an infinite loop of S8 GoT reruns in slow motion. While listening to an endless loop of HBO execs pleading with them to extend the show to 16 seasons. All while burning for all eternity.

/end of pure iodized salt rant>

Last edited:
1. It's called money and raw ambition. Both of which are the apparent drivers pushing the show runners to complete this epic fantasy series in a mere 8 EPs.

2. EP 8 should've been 16 well paced EPs. However, refer to #1 for why this was not so. Life is good if you're a GoT writer. Just sayn':

https://geektyrant.com/news/the-new...ame-of-thrones-creators-seems-to-be-a-trilogy

3. Well IMO Voyager had the best, most satisfactory, and comprehensive ending for all characters in the Trek series triology (i.e. NG, DS9 & Voy). All of the character arcs in the end game were well thought out and executed. Especially liked how the show runners tied up loose ends that could get overlooked on secondary main characters like Nelix. Producers could've let him leave Voyager off screen. But opted to give him a reason for leaving the show (gave him a new family/adopted son to nurture). And then gave him a full official send off with complete military bells and whistles. Even then, they still paid homage to Nelix by using him to further develop Seven's character (her romantic development with Chakotay).

I still think the ending should have been two more series not one, but the writers have done their best to muck it up for many.. I'm glad I can just watch it for what it is, epic TV.

Voyager was good, but I feel it was sudden....not quite as bad as SG Atlantis sudden but not a million miles away and more like the way GOT seems rushed.

Sure, enough wild contrivance can explain anything. However, it's absurd and was completely unnecessary.

The only special bond required for the Targaryans to ride dragons would have been the tolerance of the dragons. Can't ride something that won't let you near. Some kind of saddle would also have gone a long way.

The flame breath didn't need outlandish and changeable powers. It was potent enough when it was depicted as normal fire. Even the scale of the destruction at King's Landing (complete overkill, btw) would have been possible simply by igniting the stores of wildfire left around the city specifically to destroy it!

Dragon flight capabilites could have been reined in to more credible levels and the dragons could have been given proportionally larger wings, or as a last resort, some inherent magical property could have been ascribed to them in some manner previously.

I'm a path of least resistance/Occam's Razor type guy and I like consistency. You can throw it out the window in favor of ludicrous redundancies, but then I won't buy your Blu-Rays, bother with any more of your novels, or come back to your gaming table.

I do agree with the basis of what you say, doing all that would have made it all that much better. It's like a lot of things in life, creative people when they get to a point where they are on the crest of popularity can think they can do no wrong (ironic as that's how they portrayed Dany), probably too many posterior lickers around them to keep them honest. But I still maintain that so much is not explained that I can accept "handwavium" regarding the dragons etc and just go with the flow. :)

Despite all the very well discussed short comings (I do agree with most of them)... I liked it, I knew the whole thing was a "stark" story and the NK and Dany were just part of the Stark's adventures, so it makes sense to me.....Bran was left field though.......Sansa manipulated everything to get what she wanted, did Bran do that as well?

I kind of like the open ended aspect of things though, I can come up with a shed load of interesting theories in my head and most makes sense....

Jon got to see Ghost again = me happy ;) Oh and his bromance with Tormund. :)
7/10.....with more time and better writing it would have been 20/10......it's a shame.

I don't imagine this petition will go anywhere.

Anyway, off color, but entirely on topic:
kdqpcgG.jpg

LOL seen that from the opposite viewpoint as well ;)

My God. THIS is how GoT should've ended. Youtuber Think Story nailed it on the head starting at 04:43. Not only is his alternate ending comprehensive, it fills all the swiss cheese plot holes that D&D joke of a production devolved into in S8. Think Story addressed all the clues and hints we got about the Walkers and NK we've received both on (and off screen character mode) since start S1. And to paraphrase his appropriate quote:

"It started with Walkers in the beginning and should've ended with walkers"

His endgame was exactly as I'd thought D&D would've done it: Dany v. the Night King. With Jon and Bran in heavy and significant support lead roles. But unknown to both of them, fate has it that a pregnant Dany is likely going to die in her attempt to take out the NK fighting him on Drogon. Jon dies through a plot twist which Think Story describes that connected him to the Fire God (who IMO is somehow related to the first Targaryens and Dragonstone. The identity of this deity and its coven of Red Women Priestesses was NEVER fully explored).

But here's where I diverge from Think Story's plot: IMO, Dany shouldn't survive but gain redemption by death through sacrifice for whatever madness D&D afflicted her with since the start of S8. In what would've been the ultimate epic boss battle symbolizing the recurring theme of Fire v. Ice. And it happens at the fabled Wierwood tree where we saw the children of the forest create the NK all those eons ago....

And with the subsequent elimination of both House Targaryen and Lannister, then the storyline would've been more than justified in the concept of King Bran the Broken. As the rightful leader by consensus/election of the new, free world Republic that Westeros ultimately became.

Why oh why the hell didn't fate select this guy as the GoT writer??

Last edited:

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
That would have been a brilliant way to end the series.

Top Bottom