Game Statistics

Found some game statistics on Inara - https://inara.cz/galaxy-statistics/. Whilst these don't represent all players but they ought to represent majority of serious gamers.

Not surprised to see 2 Alliance ships that are < 1% owned but is a bit stoked to see under-rated Clipper sitting at 2.17% :sneaky:

I'm encouraged to see majority of players (88.8%) are Independent allegiance. No surprises why Aisling Duval (9.54%) gets more PP pledges from players but am somewhat surprised to see Edmund Mahon (1.12%) sitting in middle of ladder.

Alliance Underdogs!
K2Idf43.jpg

Go hard.

unknown.png

Last edited:
While I realize the site is not the complete player base, it does show something interesting, i.e.
75% of the players there are not aligned with any power in power play, and 86% have a helpless (i.e. not playing CQC), kinda of makes you wonder what FDev's priorities are as far a s development of the game.

While I realize the site is not the complete player base, it does show something interesting, i.e.
75% of the players there are not aligned with any power in power play, and 86% have a helpless (i.e. not playing CQC), kinda of makes you wonder what FDev's priorities are as far a s development of the game.
The game is big enough that pretty much any individual feature will be mostly unused on those sort of metrics, though - CGs get about 2000 participants (probably only a few percent of weekly players), Squadrons probably only get used by 10-30% of players, AX activities are probably about as popular as CGs ... even for the big stuff there are plenty of people who don't fight or don't explore beyond a few hundred LY from Sol.

Distant Worlds 2 was a huge in-game event with several thousand participants - and rightly got a lot of attention - but in raw percentage terms it maybe had a few percent of players participate. Or ~97% of weekly active players didn't, if you want to look at it that way. But it was still really big and a major achievement for both the organisers and participants!

There's only so much anyone can do at once, after all, and there's a lot to potentially do. I did my first installation defence scenario at the weekend - after they'd been in the game for seven months! - through not getting round to it earlier. Good fun, too.

Frontier do seem to be somewhat unpredictable on "this isn't getting used much, let's add more to it to encourage more use" and "this isn't getting used much, let's give it bugfixes only and do something else", but of course they also have rather better metrics than Inara and friends can provide, so maybe there's more logic behind it.

Top Bottom