GameBlast 20 - More Info!

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Hello everyone!

Frontier's Epic 24 Hour Charity Stream in support of GameBlast and SpecialEffect is almost here!

FR_Gameblast_social_assets_940x560.jpg

At midday on Friday 21 February 2020 we will be live from the Frontier studio with 24 hours of fun-filled antics in Elite Dangerous, Planet Zoo, Jurassic World Evolution, Planet Coaster, AND MORE! We’re doing all of this to raise as much money as possible in support of SpecialEffect, an amazing charity who transform the lives of gamers with physical disabilities by creating new ways for them to play the games they love. In our previous charity streams, we've all raised over £150,000 for this amazing cause; money which goes a long way to help those in need as well as the extraordinary professionals who give up their lives to help care for them!

The day will be filled with challenges, chats, giveaways and more, so you won’t want to miss out! Here's just some of the activities you can look forward to:
  • Our epic Charity Auction featuring prizes such as Dinner with the Developers, Custom Planet prizes, Name a Starport in Elite Dangerous, and lots more! We're looking to put the auction live next week!
  • The Frontier Pub Quiz
  • Planet Coaster Backseat Builders
  • Elite Dangerous RPG session
  • Buckyball Racing
  • PlanCo Quiz
  • Jurassic at the Races
  • Animal Origami?
  • Retro Games!
  • Much MUCH more!

In addition to all of this content:

For every £1,000 we raise on our Just Giving page, we will be unlocking a special milestone for you: this could be a behind-the-scenes video, never-before-seen concept art, or a huge giveaway! Help us reach these milestones for extra fun!

Also, as with our previous charity streams, we will end BIG with a huge Sweepstake during the final hour of the stream! For every £1 you donate before the end of the charity stream to the Just Giving campaign, you'll get 1 entry into this sweepstake - this means that when you donate £10, you get 10 entries/chances, when you donate £250 you get 250 entries/chances, and so forth! Be sure to leave your email address in the optional field at donation (not as a comment) for a chance to win some amazing prizes!

You can join the fun live from 12:00 PM UTC on Friday 21 February at www.twitch.tv/frontierdevelopments!

For every £1,000 we raise on our Just Giving page, we will be unlocking a special milestone for you: this could be a behind-the-scenes video, never-before-seen concept art, or a huge giveaway! Help us reach these milestones for extra fun!

So does this include stuff from upcoming updates, like the the Fleet Carriers update?

Awesome event, as always!

The real question is: will Steve Kirby puke on stream this year? :D
FUn5chw.png

We know he's a Thargoid agent btw, no need to fake disgust at fellow insectoids!

So, if I bid for all these tickets, I'd have the entire dev team cornered and you'd have an evening of me and Powerplay questions? Are you ready for that? :D

But I look forward to the stream.
The whole community is counting on you to get information about the New Era.

Use all available means.

;)

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Enjoy the Charity livestream everyone! ❤

Why only on Twitch? There was me wondering why I couldn't find it on the yootoob. LOL
Because Frontier's YouTube channels are for specific games.

Frontier's Twitch channel is used for all games, and previously was also used for the Charity Streams and the Frontier Xtra streams.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Look here:

So it looks like maybe you meant "now" .... :)

... BTW - Twitch is OK too ....

Source: https://www.twitch.tv/frontierdevelopments
Thanks for the reply and for sharing the link here.

I did not mean now, but obviously they are also live right now with the 24 hour Charity Stream for SpecialEffect. :) I should know since I'm watching from the start.

I meant that the previous Charity Streams were also broadcasted on Frontier's Twitch channel.

Top Bottom