Gameplay Feedback

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Message to Odyssey NPC scavengers and skimmers...

1/ CMDRS are using the rooftops to move around, check them occasionally. Especially you, skimmers.

2/ When an Apex taxi lands right next to your base, investigate promptly.....it's probably a CMDR come to kill you. Especially you, scavengers.

Of course, most of the complaining about long travel times in the Adityan would be solved if you would just give us (and taxi's) the ability to make 'short' (25,000 Ls+) hyperspace jumps between local stars (i.e. Adityan-A to Adityan-B etc.)

Last edited:
Greetings Commanders,

This thread is for posting your gameplay and design related Odyssey feedback.

Please keep each post brief and to the point, stating your observation/suggestion. This will allow us to easily collect and pass along all the feedback.

Avoid replying to other posts. This is not a discussion thread. If you would like to discuss Odyssey features/content please create a new thread. It is also not a bug report/issue thread. Please report those via the Issue Tracker.

o7
If it's not already planned, bodies should have loot...commanders carry medkits, energy cells, ammo, etc so it seems unrealistic for NPCs to not at least occasionally have those kinds of items, too that we can use.

Some other things I noticed, whilst I remember:

1. White text on white planets (and I conversely black text on black/dark planets) is difficult to read. Either choose a neutral colour or have the colour change depending on the brightness level.
  2. Shocking an unsuspecting guard alerts all the other guards, even if they were never seen being shocked. Omnipotent AI doesn't help the stealth mechanics!!
  3. A threat level 0 mission should not have level 3 commandos guarding it...

Zac Cocken

Community Manager
Frontier
Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for all the feedback so far - we are monitoring this thread actively. With that in mind, can I please remind everybody to stick to the guidelines as issued by Bruce in the OP:

Please keep each post brief and to the point, stating your observation/suggestion. This will allow us to easily collect and pass along all the feedback.

Avoid replying to other posts. This is not a discussion thread. If you would like to discuss Odyssey features/content please create a new thread. It is also not a bug report/issue thread. Please report those via the Issue Tracker.

This makes it much easier for us to gather feedback efficiently. Of course, feel free to discuss parts of the alpha in separate threads!

Keep the feedback coming!

o7

It would be nice if powering up or down a base was more detailed.

Basically being able to choose what sections get or don't get power. My reasoning is that maybe I want to power down just defenses, command centers, and production areas for tactical reasons. Maybe I don't want to power the whole base because I just need the command center so I can download information or clone authorization. Maybe powering up the production building(s) so I can take samples. etc...

I also find it strange that bases don't have spare Power Regulators in the STO (storage I assume) areas. A mission can specify taking one from the core or just taking them from storage, or both. see Underground areas as well

NPC's don't have loot..?

I would think we could loot something from kills. On a bounty mission I took down Several enemies and not a single one had anything on them. Med pack, batteries, or grenades would be nice. Bounties are fine for cash so I don't need that. I imagine in the full release we will have the SRV (love buggy) that we can use to take weapons and other items they may have on them. IDK, seems weird punching holes in an enemy and not stripping them of valuables afterwards...

Quick Jump in System

PLEASE!! Can we please be able to "Quick Jump" between stars in the same system. PLEASE!!! It can take so long to go from one point to the next in the Phase 1 System I think it would help a lot to shorten travel times and I remember when there something like that in the early stages of pre-vanilla ED. It was super cool.

Underground Areas

I don't necessarily mean caves. Yes, that would be sick, but what I mean is in bases. There is almost always a little building with a door on every base. The structure can only lead to a "basement". Where I assume there is treasure, or secret experiments, or a huge bobble head collection. Seriously though, it would be really cool to have underground areas and corridors to explore.

One suggestion I would really love to see implemented, would be the introduction of a hacking "mini-game" on par with that seen in Alien Isolation and the Access Tuner.

Just as I reminder.....

Access_Tuner.jpg

Let's talk about the "wheel" that is used for selecting stuff like your inventory, transactions, etc. while on foot.

Opening the wheel requires you to HOLD a key.

This is terrible. It should simply open on a keypress, like in every other PC game. NOTHING else in ED requires you to hold a key down like this.

The other wheel (the one with the torch in it) opens immediately. Why doesn't the first one?

Also, the look of that first wheel is unlike anything else in the game. It's even a weird teal color. It doesn't fit with the rest of the game, either in looks or operation.

Increase the distance you can use the profile scanner or duplicator or whatever it's called or decrease the distance at which point a person looks at you.

At the moment both of these distances are way too shorts. You walk a little too close the guy looks at you, you stand a little too far and you can't scan him. Just doesn't feel good.

The fact that you are walking around inside the building with fake authorization should be risk enough.

Scanning request from authorities should get a more obvious visual feedback, and/or when running the game in another language than english fallback the voice overs to english so we can hear their requests (and stations would be even more lively as every NPC is muted currently with french selected)

This was mentioned on Lave Radio, but PLEASE make threat level scale with gear. EX: threat level 0 should be doable with starter gear. Also, make the NPCs a bit less agressive.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom