GameRevolution - Review

Sorry this has likely been posted as it is from 17th may but I was just looking to see what is being said about Planet Coaster so far and this popped up

http://www.gamerevolution.com/features/frontiers-planet-coaster-is-developing-a-smooth-ride-for-sim-fans

The part that catches my eye is the number being banded about of having had 2 million copies pre-ordered already. That in honesty is an extremely impressive number considering what stage we are at and how far away we are, especially if we compare it to numbers of other games in this genre past and present.

Regards,

Adam

Alpha2-Neverland.jpg

Alpha2-Neverland2.jpg

Neverland3.jpg

I'm strangely reminded of the disney movie Treasure Planet.... But dang, that fantasy landscape... <3

I couldn't actually see the images in web browser cause work blocked them but that also looks awesome.

I really want to see if I can make something similar to Bioshock Infinite as that lends itself to the design control we have in this game.

Sorry this has likely been posted as it is from 17th may but I was just looking to see what is being said about Planet Coaster so far and this popped up

http://www.gamerevolution.com/featu...ster-is-developing-a-smooth-ride-for-sim-fans

The part that catches my eye is the number being banded about of having had 2 million copies pre-ordered already. That in honesty is an extremely impressive number considering what stage we are at and how far away we are, especially if we compare it to numbers of other games in this genre past and present.

Regards,

Adam

This was discussed in a previous thread. Pretty sure the pre order no is a misprint and is supposed to mean $2million dollars so far (which would be about 100,000 pre-orders). Still decent no's for a pre-order though.

If Frontier carry making such an excellent game, I can easily see it doing 2 million copies though (eventually) .. Maybe more.

This was discussed in a previous thread. Pretty sure the pre order no is a misprint and is supposed to mean $2million dollars so far (which would be about 100,000 pre-orders). Still decent no's for a pre-order though.

If Frontier carry making such an excellent game, I can easily see it doing 2 million copies though (eventually) .. Maybe more.

Ah cheers, had forgot about that thread/post. Assumed it was a different discussion as that happened before this mini review was released I thought.

Edit: Found it, hadn't seen that post. The first time 2 million was banded about was a few weeks prior. Cheers for the heads up though :)

Last edited:
Its way to early at the moment, but in comparison RCT3 has sold 10 million copies since 2004.

If (thats a huge IF) Frontier managed to shift those sorts of numbers it would be truly impressive. As a baseline caprision though City Skylines has sold nearly 2.5 million copies so far.

I don't think the 'sim' genre is a popular as it used to be.

the possibilities are amazing with this game. Once the final version comes out...I may as well quit my job and lock myself in my home office.

Top Bottom