Game's future

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Disappointment with elite dangerous is generally increasing.
Comment sections on trailers are getting more and more negative and toxic. (check new trailer comment section)
People dont expect anything great anymore from Fdevs.

https://steamcharts.com/app/359320
Put the time on half year or year, you can see decreasing playerbase in this game after thargoids got released.

Either frontier wakes up, or this game is going to die sooner than they expected.

Many people from player faction im part of are slowly leaving or taking long term breaks, myself included.

I dont think this is the "there will always be unhappy minority" case

And yes, im making this thread, because i want to see other peoples opinions and reactions.

f3efe80ddf.png

Comment sections on trailers are getting more and more negative and toxic. (check new trailer comment section)

Put the time on half year or year, you can see decreasing playerbase in this game after thargoids got released.

Either frontier wakes up, or this game is going to die sooner than they expected.

Many people from player faction im part of are slowly leaving or taking long term breaks, myself included.

And yes, im making this thread, because i want to see other peoples opinions and reactions.

anigif_enhanced-19920-1407333002-1.gif

Finally a genuine doom thread with steam stats.

Edit: It should be added to every thread like this that the stats on steam dont take into account PS4/Xbox one and non steam users.

You have to have some sympathy for the poor doom-mongers, they've been screeching at least biweekly since what 2014 ?. Being that consistently wrong must grate after the first few years.

Yea it's like a forum full of Dr Derek Smarts banging on about the end that's just around the corner.

Sorry OP, no time to read your no doubt insightful post - too busy playing ED. Anyway, to reply to your post title - yes the game has a bright future.

Hope yr thread goes well ;)

https://steamcharts.com/app/359320

The graph is wrong and I am too lazy to explain it again. But that's why I already created a thread about it:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/394614-Discussions-about-Steam-Charts

I hope you learned something today.

The good Doctor has been consistently right though.

To an extent yes but his ego and hyperbole often get in the way of his arguments. Plus his timing on the end of that comedy are always way off, Bit like SC's roadmap.

Anyway on topic: something something steam something games dead/doomed/maintenance mode.

We are 4 years after the release, the fact that this many folks still plays the game regularly is great compared to other titles. Future? No idea but from my perspective we are looking at Elite at its full potential, for me its end of the journey, time to move on. I was expecting many things and now I feel salty, disappointed and even cheated a little.

No points in looking the peak players charts.

If you look the AVERAGE players stats / month, 2018 is better than 2015-2016 and a little bit under 2017.

And like everyone said it doesn't consider players not using Stream, XBOX One and PS4 communities...

It's normal that people playing for 2-3 years take a break. With the DLC and chapter 4 the player base will grow again...nothing to worry even if the game is dead and doomed as a lot like to say :p

To an extent yes but his ego and hyperbole often get in the way of his arguments. Plus his timing on the end of that comedy are always way off, Bit like SC's roadmap.

Anyway on topic: something something steam something games dead/doomed/maintenance mode.

His delivery just adds to the comedy, like Stuart Lee's pretend anger at his audience.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom