Gankers' rights movement?

That might be the case for a few on PS4 but the rest of the ganking community on PC and Xbox aren't like that. You say the majority but your sample size might be 20 compared to the over 2000 spread across other platforms. Also being that you don't actually know any of them, how could you possibly know what kind of people they are?

You can say gankers are damaging to the community all you want but it's just not the truth. Open is still just as popular as it's ever been and most do just fine playing in it. Many have been honest about groups like mobius, that it's mostly dead, and seeing another player is extremely rare. I know many players on PS4 that don't share the opinion as you. @Idiot_Savant could probably step in here about the PS4 landscape better than I can.

You shouldn't take personal offense at me labelling gankers badly when I said not all are equal. Pirates have a place, but playing murderer and seal clubber for me stoops low. Especially bad when you find yourself privately harassed by PM. But on the upside, it does lend me a purpose, which is to oppose them and aid others where I can. As much as you disagree with my opinion, I know people who have indicated they're fed up with Elite because of these individuals.

You shouldn't take personal offense at me labelling gankers badly when I said not all are equal. Pirates have a place, but playing murderer and seal clubber for me stoops low. Especially bad when you find yourself privately harassed by PM. But on the upside, it does lend me a purpose, which is to oppose them and aid others where I can. As much as you disagree with my opinion, I know people who have indicated they're fed up with Elite because of these individuals.
If they're so fed up with Elite because of gankers than why don't they take a few minutes to learn how to survive a gank? Its extremely easy to do.

If they're so fed up with Elite because of gankers than why don't they take a few minutes to learn how to survive a gank? Its extremely easy to do.

I'm an experienced player and I wouldn't quite label it extremely easy to escape the clutches of an experienced team using FSD missiles among other tools. Vanilla ships can die in a single plasma volley, too, writing off months of exploration data in an instant. There are some people who foolishly get lured and then back stabbed because some of these guys love to play dirty and behaved like complete scum.

Anyways, it's Elite Dangerous after all. It's for them to learn from the error of their ways, sadly. But for some, it's too much to handle, especially if they don't have all day, every day, to play Elite and "get gud".

I'm an experienced player and I wouldn't quite label it extremely easy to escape the clutches of an experienced team using FSD missiles among other tools. Vanilla ships can die in a single plasma volley, too, writing off months of exploration data in an instant. There are some people who foolishly get lured and then back stabbed because some of these guys love to play dirty and behaved like complete scum.

Anyways, it's Elite Dangerous after all. It's for them to learn from the error of their ways, sadly. But for some, it's too much to handle, especially if they don't have all day, every day, to play Elite and "get gud".
I'm literally streaming with Exigeous in a few weeks to show how to escape 4 gankers equipped with Grom bombs.
Also, to become a teacher in my gank evasion academy you have to survive a gank with an unengineered Cobra III, which I have a video of @Danquememe doing with ease against my fully engineered PvP ship with 4 plasma accelerators.

If someone can't handle it, they need to play in solo or PG. There's literally no excuse to come to the forums to complain about gankers. We are a legitimate part of the game and if someone doesn't like it, there are multiple options for them to avoid us.

I'm literally streaming with Exigeous in a few weeks to show how to escape 4 gankers equipped with Grom bombs.
Also, to become a teacher in my gank evasion academy you have to survive a gank with an unengineered Cobra III, which I have a video of @Danquememe doing with ease against my fully engineered PvP ship with 4 plasma accelerators.

If someone can't handle it, they need to play in solo or PG. There's literally no excuse to come to the forums to complain about gankers. We are a legitimate part of the game and if someone doesn't like it, there are multiple options for them to avoid us.

You needn't take personal offense at what I touched upon and my emphasis wasn't on it being impossible to escape gankers, but certainly not extremely easy as you put it. A vanilla Conda is a big difference from a slimline cobra.

You needn't take personal offense at what I touched upon and my emphasis wasn't on it being impossible to escape gankers, but certainly not extremely easy as you put it. A vanilla Conda is a big difference from a slimline cobra.
The game has a wonderful mechanism for forbidden leaf. Is it not if YOU phone someone spamming YOU do not include it in such a list ?

No offence to anyone above but I've come to hate the word 'toxic'. It's a media term used to paint normal everyday fans of a particular IP as evil and non-inclusive.

That's partly why I refer to seal clubbers as trash.

I do particularly agree with Miko on one point though. I can't say there are less human players than there were months back but I consider myself fortunate if I see three in a week. I find it to be pretty quiet in open.

Better to have gankers than NPC's at this point.

No offence to anyone above but I've come to hate the word 'toxic'. It's a media term used to paint normal everyday fans of a particular IP as evil and non-inclusive.

That's partly why I refer to seal clubbers as trash.

I do particularly agree with Miko on one point though. I can't say there are less human players than there were months back but I consider myself fortunate if I see three in a week. I find it to be pretty quiet in open.

Better to have gankers than NPC's at this point.
I honestly wonder how much of that is because all the people getting hype and grinding for carriers have stopped doing so, and got bored when they realised there wasn't really a need to have eleventy billion credits. Or else got the carrier and realised that it's not all that much if you're not planning to actually use it for something. If the only goal you can think of in the game is "make credits" then you're kinda done at that point. So player numbers spiked on the carrier launch date announcement, really spiked on the launch, and now they're going back to where they were.

With one exception - since carriers can't enter shindez, all the people that defaulted to Jameson Memorial as "best place for home base" have been scattered elsewhere. Maybe not scattered far, but enough to have a similar effect on Jameson that the PF district had on the likes of Eravate - the traffic's still there, it's just not all in the same system any more.

I'm not really clued in on the carrier situation but that's interesting about Shindez. I was under the impression that you couldn't obtain a permit for Pilot's Federation space.

I might take a little 30 minute wander to Sol before I watch The Boys in a couple of hours, should anyone need to assassinate me.

And is it just me or does everyone feel like they're flying drunk when you've been away from the controls for a few days? It goes away quick but I'm often just happy to leave a station in one piece. I've been away for a couple of weeks so I hope I'm on a planet somewhere.

Deleted member 192138

D
Carriers can't jump into permit locked systems. Shinrarta Dezhra permits are issued to anyone that has Elite in one of the three main roles (combat/explo/trade).

Just gonna take a little walk on my way to Sol.

Make a lane, griefer biotches. :cool:

Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2020.09.06 - 03.23.21 b.jpg

There's 2 camps here, apparently 1 supporting the gankers, and the other complaining about them...Only a few point out the gankers complete lack of testicles to jump on new players on their way to the 1st engineer, a route ALL of us have to take to progress in the game. Here too, there are choices, play in private, and avoid the gankers, or get in a wing, and try your luck. The weakest thing I've seen replied on here is "We're just playing the way we want to play, being bad guys"...wrong...if you want to play Galactic Bad Guy, go to one of the other engineers systems, and do your bad stuff there, not in the very first zone new players are funneled into by the game. This isn't a "Waaaah, they keep killing me", it's a "You're only succeeding in turning new players away from the game, and advancing the death of the game in the process"...

Took a quick trip to Sol so I could give the engine a little run after a couple of weeks absence and thought I'd spread some poorly spelt Beach Boys love in the chat.

One human player encountered but they high woke(?) as I carefully considered pulling them out of supercruise and starting a new life as a pirate.

vlcsnap-2020-09-06-04h08m40s630 b.jpg

There's 2 camps here, apparently 1 supporting the gankers, and the other complaining about them...Only a few point out the gankers complete lack of testicles to jump on new players on their way to the 1st engineer, a route ALL of us have to take to progress in the game. Here too, there are choices, play in private, and avoid the gankers, or get in a wing, and try your luck. The weakest thing I've seen replied on here is "We're just playing the way we want to play, being bad guys"...wrong...if you want to play Galactic Bad Guy, go to one of the other engineers systems, and do your bad stuff there, not in the very first zone new players are funneled into by the game. This isn't a "Waaaah, they keep killing me", it's a "You're only succeeding in turning new players away from the game, and advancing the death of the game in the process"...
I think it's more about casting your net where the fish are then seal-clubbing
All the cool kids get their FSD engineered by Mel Brandon anyway

I didn't quite believe all the stuff I was reading about Deciat, so the last couple of evenings I went flying around there in a stock Sidewinder. Not the sort of ship that would interest anyone wanting real PvP action. Three rebuys so far, and blocks for the block god. Each time, just interdiction, me throttling-down and saying "Hi", then "boom". This is really out of control; it must be putting new players off the game in the first system they get directed to out of the starter area. I consider people scum who just want to blow up new players before they've had a chance to do engineering or gain combat experience. I'm not upset at being blown up as I was expecting it, but I'm angry that those people are damaging the reputation and future prospects of the game I enjoy.

I didn't quite believe all the stuff I was reading about Deciat, so the last couple of evenings I went flying around there in a stock Sidewinder. Not the sort of ship that would interest anyone wanting real PvP action. Three rebuys so far, and blocks for the block god. This is really out of control; it must be putting new players off the game in the first system they get directed to out of the starter area. I consider people scum who just want to blow up new players before they've had a chance to learn engineering or gain combat experience. I'm not upset at being blown up as I was expecting it, but I'm angry that those people are damaging the reputation and future prospects of the game I enjoy.
If only there was some player driven retaliation force, like ATR just by players...

if you want to play Galactic Bad Guy, go to one of the other engineers systems, and do your bad stuff there
Well that just seems counterproductive. It's still ganking at an engineer, what makes Farseer special?

If you'd said "if you want to be pirates then go to the best painite sell system" then you might have had a point. Well, if the pirates didn't hang out in those systems, that is. And the pirates are very glad that the gankers are all hanging out in Deciat instead. If the gankers are all concentrated in deciat then that makes everywhere else that little bit safer by definition.

Top Bottom