Gankers' rights movement?

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Sounds like something that any players seeking PvP could engage in - if they wanted to - not just those who have previously done so.

The problem for any players specifically targeting known gankers is that they require to target specific individuals - who may, at the time of any encounter, be engaged in other activities - which is likely to cause complaints from those targeted. The gankers, of course, don't appear to adhere to any rules of engagement.

Last edited:
Sounds like something that any players seeking PvP could engage in - if they wanted to - not just those who have previously done so.

The problem for any players specifically targeting known gankers is that they require to target specific individuals - who may, at the time of any encounter, be engaged in other activities - which is likely to cause complaints from those targeted. The gankers, of course, don't appear to adhere to any rules of engagement.
This is one of the problems with bounties being attached to ships instead of players. Back before the C&P update, if you saw someone that was wanted, they were wanted, clear as day.
Unfortunately, that all led to people suicidewindering to clear the bounties off.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
This is one of the problems with bounties being attached to ships instead of players. Back before the C&P update, if you saw someone that was wanted, they were wanted, clear as day.
Unfortunately, that all led to people suicidewindering to clear the bounties off.
Is there a suggestion that the ganker should only be brought to task if they have an active bounty?

As mentioned earlier, the gankers don't appear to adhere to any rules of engagement.

Is there a suggestion that the ganker should only be brought to task if they have an active bounty?

As mentioned earlier, the gankers don't appear to adhere to any rules of engagement.
Not so much, but it'd be a very clear sign that a kill is "valid", that they wouldn't be able to claim "but I was exploring/hauling/whatever" when someone shot them down.
And if they don't have an active bounty then surely they've already been brought to task recently? Under the previous system it wasn't possible to pay bounties off. Hell, if i were designing C&P I'd make bounties decay into fines over time, and not let people pay them off early until they've done so.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Not so much, but it'd be a very clear sign that a kill is "valid", that they wouldn't be able to claim "but I was exploring/hauling/whatever" when someone shot them down.
Does the kill need to be "valid", given the lack of rules of engagement for their own kills?
And if they don't have an active bounty then surely they've already been brought to task recently? Under the previous system it wasn't possible to pay bounties off. Hell, if i were designing C&P I'd make bounties decay into fines over time, and not let people pay them off early until they've done so.
I'd expect that some gankers will engage in more challenging PvP with capable opponents - and could quite simply clear their bounties after a destruction.

Do gankers generally obsessively stalk and harass specific individuals based on claims about the character of the person behind the monitor?
This right here Robert.
What SPEAR does to me is close to harassment, and I never interdicted any player (except in this conflict we didn't start) more then once.

The weakest thing I've seen replied on here is "We're just playing the way we want to play, being bad guys"...wrong...if you want to play Galactic Bad Guy, go to one of the other engineers systems, and do your bad stuff there, not in the very first zone new players are funneled into by the game. This isn't a "Waaaah, they keep killing me", it's a "You're only succeeding in turning new players away from the game, and advancing the death of the game in the process"...
$100 says if we all went to another engineering system the narrative would just become "why are you seal clubbing in xxxxx system". Fun story, that vast majority of players in Deciat are not new players. Can't tell you how many Anacondas, Corvettes and Cutters I've killed in Deciat.

New players aren't being turned away from the game. The game just saw its most peak players ever a few months ago and we've been ganking in Deciat ever since they locked off the starting systems. And if someone is so distraught from getting killed by another player that they quit or play in so than that's fine. They either don't belong in open or this game isn't for them.

So why am I "WRONG" for wanting to play as a galactic villain? Why is the way that you want to play ok but mine is not? Also, why must you resort to name calling? I've been nothing but civil, why can't you?

No offence to anyone above but I've come to hate the word 'toxic'. It's a media term used to paint normal everyday fans of a particular IP as evil and non-inclusive.

That's partly why I refer to seal clubbers as trash.

I do particularly agree with Miko on one point though. I can't say there are less human players than there were months back but I consider myself fortunate if I see three in a week. I find it to be pretty quiet in open.

Better to have gankers than NPC's at this point.
Out of curiosity, would you consider me a seal clubber?
I mean, I'm sure I've killed a lot of new players but I'm not specifically targeting them. I target anyone and everyone and rarely pay any attention to combat rank. I kill in Deciat, Shinrarta, and Borran before the devs killed it.
Also, when I had just started on PC I was mostly harmless ranked and still running off gankers because I had 2000 hours on xbox under my belt, so even though I looked like a noob, I was far from it.

Out of curiosity, would you consider me a seal clubber?
Heck no, dude. We wouldn't be bezzy mates if I thought you had no honour.

Also, when I had just started on PC I was mostly harmless ranked and still running off gankers because I had 2000 hours on xbox under my belt, so even though I looked like a noob, I was far from it.
I suppose console noobery is good for something then.

My only regret from the weekend is that neither yourself or Mac destroyed my ship.

Hopefully you guys will toughen up by next weekend. There is no room for girlymen here*

*That's an Arnold Swachwarzenegger thing before Maynard mods me.

My only regret from the weekend is that neither yourself or Mac destroyed my ship.

Hopefully you guys will toughen up by next weekend. There is no room for girlymen here*

*That's an Arnold Swachwarzenegger thing before Maynard mods me.
I absolutely would've but I'm up at my cabin with no internet. I have to go to the lodge and drink a couple beers to get service to check messages.

Top Bottom