Gankers' rights movement?

So why am I "WRONG" for wanting to play as a galactic villain? Why is the way that you want to play ok but mine is not?

I have a question. While you play as the Villain, I do wonder what your characters goal is.
I suppose it is possible to simply be the "adversary" or an obstacle to overcome while looking to tune the frame shift drive.
Yet I wondered if the end goal is something more. Such as a complete lock down of frame shift drive upgrades. Soon we will see "Khun" and "Luchtaine" locked down as well. Which propels the human race backwards to the old "glory days" of limited travel range. All this to protect the purity of the galaxy from the being ruined by the filthy hands of the human race.

I have a question. While you play as the Villain, I do wonder what your characters goal is.
I suppose it is possible to simply be the "adversary" or an obstacle to overcome while looking to tune the frame shift drive.
Yet I wondered if the end goal is something more. Such as a complete lock down of frame shift drive upgrades. Soon we will see "Khun" and "Luchtaine" locked down as well. Which propels the human race backwards to the old "glory days" of limited travel range. All this to protect the purity of the galaxy from the being ruined by the filthy hands of the human race.
I have adopted the life long goals of the mighty Thanos. To eliminate half of the population of the galaxy. Both noobs and veterans alike, just fair and balanced, as all things should be.

I have adopted the life long goals of the mighty Thanos. To eliminate half of the population of the galaxy. Both noobs and veterans alike, just fair and balanced, as all things should be.
No equilibrium ! Where can I buy a device against FSD interception ?

Everybody has it build in, it's between your ears.
And why have not built in the evasion of turrets and instead made all sorts of efects ?
And why have not built in destruction of shields and made an effect on torpedoes and mines ?
And why made missiles to shoot down the FSD ?
This list can be continued for a long time.

Deleted member 192138

D
The device against FSD interdiction is fighting the interdiction and winning it. Of understanding interdictor properties and manoeuvring in supercruise to avoid the tether being established. Or if you're going to lose the interdiction then submitting and high waking ASAP.

The device against FSD interdiction is fighting the interdiction and winning it. Of understanding interdictor properties and manoeuvring in supercruise to avoid the tether being established. Or if you're going to lose the interdiction then submitting and high waking ASAP.
I'm flying on the Cutter and I can't get away from intercepting some ASP that this ASP has so much mass and energy that it can intercept me ?
But this is not glanatical, the main thing is that if I give up, I can easily jump into another system because the FSD has not crossed over. (By the way, why can the FSD be intercepted by a smaller class ?).
That's why no one is mostly opposed to intercepting a person.
And where is the balance ?

Deleted member 192138

D
The balance is the Cutter is so large compared to the Asp you can just low wake on them and your shields are so large they won't even dent you. If you have a fast boot FSD it'll be almost impossible to keep you locked down with a grom bomb, you outrun shield generator breaking torpedoes and if they try mines you should be fine if you can avoid flying in a straight line at the assailant.

What would win in a fight, a luxury cruise ship or a frigate? Where is the balance?

The balance is the Cutter is so large compared to the Asp you can just low wake on them and your shields are so large they won't even dent you. If you have a fast boot FSD it'll be almost impossible to keep you locked down with a grom bomb, you outrun shield generator breaking torpedoes and if they try mines you should be fine if you can avoid flying in a straight line at the assailant.

What would win in a fight, a luxury cruise ship or a frigate? Where is the balance?
And where is the speech about the liner ?

I say that a small ship, with a small mass and energy and FSD engine should not be able to knock out of the cruise a larger ship. It has no power for that.

Deleted member 192138

D
Evidently it does because that's not how the game mechanics work. An interdictor is an intedictor, doesn't matter about size of FSD or target. You put a 1A interdictor on a Cutter you use it the same way as if you'd fitted it to a Sidewinder. The balancing of ship class happens before and afterwards in other ways, or during interdiction due to supercruise manoeuvrability.

Evidently it does because that's not how the game mechanics work. An interdictor is an intedictor, doesn't matter about size of FSD or target. You put a 1A interdictor on a Cutter you use it the same way as if you'd fitted it to a Sidewinder. The balancing of ship class happens before and afterwards in other ways, or during interdiction due to supercruise manoeuvrability.
Yes, I know.
That's why I say no balance.

Deleted member 192138

D
Because FDev decided that would be one of the ways they wanted to balance the different ships. Same as they decided it would not be balanced to grant some immunity to interdiction based on size.

It's a game, not a totally realistic simulation. Implementation of supercruise mechanics and interdictions reflect and represent the type of gameplay FDev want to produce, not a full prediction of some future state.

Because FDev decided that would be one of the ways they wanted to balance the different ships. Same as they decided it would not be balanced to grant some immunity to interdiction based on size.

It's a game, not a totally realistic simulation. Implementation of supercruise mechanics and interdictions reflect and represent the type of gameplay FDev want to produce, not a full prediction of some future state.
Balance different ships ;)
To do this, you need to make them equally achievable (rank of Admiral) to make the same number of slots (for engineering 2 shield amplifiers and 7 is different time in the extraction of materials) and most importantly to make them the same price, because all the equipment on it affects the amount of penalty if you lose the ship !

Here Above wrote, the more effort was spent to buy and modify the ship the better and it can not be compared if these efforts are less !

Except skill and experience are part of that balance in potential of the ship you fly. If you want to play a game balanced by all units being identical then draughts or backgammon may be your more speed.
The game is too much farm to ignore it. As for the initial conditions, the closest thing to it is ... CQC.

Top Bottom