GCS Sarasvati - early Thargoid lookout megaship

I'm back in the bubble and will be resuming my search of the Imperial core worlds for more Comms Relays soon.

Ya had to go take a run at the Sarasvati again ... See if anything had changed... Nothing i noticed ... But did get a warning for firing at it 😂

I thought it was GalCop as they put the initiative together in the first place.
As I understand it... Galcop is just a shortened version of the Galactic Cooperatives name.

Is anyone else still looking out for clues and further information about Equinox and Thunderchild? I was looking at the area of space around Odin's Wisdom again. And thinking about McBurney's Point. I wonder if this is a stepping stone to somewhere else?

From Wikipeadia:

"McBurney's point is the name given to the point over the right side of the abdomen that is one-third of the distance from the anterior superior iliac spine to the umbilicus (navel). This point roughly corresponds to the most common location of the base of the appendix where it is attached to the cecum.[URL="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McBurney%27s_point#cite_note-isbn0-7817-5309-0-1"][1]"[/URL]

Could McBurney's Point be a location 1/3 the way to somewhere else? But from where? Or maybe 2/3 from somewhere (if it was 1/3 the distance from the bubble to a locaion, that location would be off the bottom of the galaxy.

Doing a lot of map exploration atm.

This mystery would always feel important somehow, unlike various recent sites that have been discovered. Big story that was never told. GalCop era in ED is shrouded in mystery. Aspect of information control, truth, and reality in futuristic setting was interesting. It is curious that instead of AEGIS, feds, Ram Tah, whatever, combat bonds for killing thargies are payed by PF.
I used to think there was a code in some of the names, and one would need to figure out a puzzle, or equinox, or something.

I'm spending a bit of time looking for too more ships. I know a lot of other near by nebula where checked back when the Sarasvati was found, but what I don't know is, were all bodies in all systems within the boundaries of a given nebula checked? I guess the only way to be sure is to check yourself.

I am starting in the Coalsack. I am working my way up from bottom to top, checking within 1000Ls of every body of every system within the gas cloud.

Anyone else hoping any potential Codex entries in Chapter 4 will contain some hints (assuming there is more to find)?
This is an interesting question, as finding POIs of all kinds is at the heart of the proposed scanning mechanics. In particular, going through the first stage of ADS scanning to give the readout of a particular body (the equivalent of the current level 3, i.e. DSS, scan) is supposed to tell you whether or not there are any POI on the body. There are also space-based POI (like the GCS Sarasvati herself) and these might also appear to be scanned as 'gravitational anomalies' when in-system (as opposed to them appearing within 1000 ls or needing to scan some kind of beacon at the location). This suggests to me that there might be some information either on the system map or in the Codex if you have a level 3 scan of a body with a surface POI.
As someone who DSS scanned every single body in the named systems around Odin's Wisdom (see earlier in the thread), I may find that I have something in 3.3 already, otherwise it is a site I might visit to map the bodies there. Otherwise, if the story is going to continue, there might be more megaships to find. Time will tell...

Beta:

In beta one, the ship was listed as Human signal at the planet. I didn't play during beta 2. Now in beta three the ship is listed as Guardian

That might be a bug, I'd report it to be sure
Yep, there’s a general bug with the wrong civilisation type being picked up by the FSS. Happens with The Cete, The Zurara and various others as well. Adding a bug report for this would still be good though!

Yep, there’s a general bug with the wrong civilisation type being picked up by the FSS. Happens with The Cete, The Zurara and various others as well. Adding a bug report for this would still be good though!

Also happened with Barnacles, being marked as Human.

Ahh

Thats why got a Guardian location in Celano last night

got a little exited at the time

Top Bottom