General / Off-Topic GET WELL SOON!

There's preparedness and then there's idiots being a complete national embarrassment.

Thankfully I think the UK's panic buying epidemic is in the process of calming down, they've switched to swiping all the booze now so their houses must already be full of toilet roll and rotting food.
The issue is that if you're "preparing" while the crisis is actually happening, you're already too late and you're now part of the panic buyers. I've still not bought toilet roll or soap since this whole thing kicked off and at the rate I'm using it I'm going to be well into May before I have to buy either.

Normally I don't like shopping at the weekends or in the middle of the day if I can help it even when there isn't a crisis on so at the moment my biggest concern for supplies is that I can't go out at 3am any more.

Last edited:
The issue is that if you're "preparing" while the crisis is actually happening, you're already too late and you're now part of the panic buyers. I've still not bought toilet roll or soap since this whole thing kicked off and I'm using it I'm going to be well into May before I have to buy either.

Normally I don't like shopping at the weekends or in the middle of the day if I can help it even when there isn't a crisis on so at the moment my biggest concern for supplies is that I can't go out at 3am any more.
No panic buying where I am anymore, other than instant decaff. Which means I'm making do with the swanky ground stuff. Yum.

Londons still bad for it according to the Daily Panic.

No panic buying where I am anymore, other than instant decaff. Which means I'm making do with the swanky ground stuff. Yum.

Londons still bad for it according to the Daily Panic.
Yeah. By the time I'm hurting for any kind of supplies besides the obvious perishable stuff like milk, the wave of people all wanting to stock up all at once will have passed. All the manky sods that didn't already have soap in their homes will have enough soap to last a year.

There have been occasional weird moments, there was a guy round my mate's way going door to door trying to flog stuff he'd hoarded, but I doubt that one guy has more purchasing power than the combined supermarket chains and I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up coming out of this making a loss once he's left with a few crates of soap that tesco can supply without his markup. Plus, yanno, everyone hating the guy.

Yeah. By the time I'm hurting for any kind of supplies besides the obvious perishable stuff like milk, the wave of people all wanting to stock up all at once will have passed. All the manky sods that didn't already have soap in their homes will have enough soap to last a year.

There have been occasional weird moments, there was a guy round my mate's way going door to door trying to flog stuff he'd hoarded, but I doubt that one guy has more purchasing power than the combined supermarket chains and I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up coming out of this making a loss once he's left with a few crates of soap that tesco can supply without his markup. Plus, yanno, everyone hating the guy.
The hoarders are pathetic, the only supply problem we've actually had was caused directly by the panic buying morons.

Top Bottom