General / Off-Topic GET WELL SOON!

This drawing is not mine but I thought it was appropriate for the Elite Dangerous Community ;)

1584481863464.png

What if by "get well" all those other planets are hoping the virus cures earth of humanity?!

(I don't actually view humanity that way!)

After spending four days now trying to buy such esoteric food items as plain white rice and pasta for my self-isolating 78 year old mother, I increasingly do. I should be past being surprised by people's incredible selfishness at 48 but I've become aware of hitherto unknown levels of it this week.

After spending four days now trying to buy such esoteric food items as plain white rice and pasta for my self-isolating 78 year old mother, I increasingly do. I should be past being surprised by people's incredible selfishness at 48 but I've become aware of hitherto unknown levels of it this week.

I'm sorry to hear that Mr. Anders, but on the flip side it is also a story of a son doing everything in his power to help his mother out, and that is a good thing.

What I don't understand is what has gone wrong with the British diet? In my day it was beans on toast :D
Can't get beans or bread. Pasta mostly considered an exotic food around here but still sold out.

It's my sons 18th B-day tomorrow, planned on all going out and letting him buy me a pint for the first time - but advised shouldn't go to pub. Disappointing, but if that's the biggest concesion I have to make - fair enough. Dads 80 and still works a bit with me, having to cancel him and arrange shopping for them!
Forum therapy,I'm sry for the whinge. Many worse off.

I find it somewhat disturbing that the people who are panic-buying basic goods (though toilet-roll would not be first on my apocalypse prep-list) are the ones who are least at risk from the virus. This is younger people with healthy immune systems.

Yes, people should be wary. It is, after all, a highly infectious virus which can be serious. However, since most people seem to only display mild symptoms - coughing, fever and suchlike - there is no need for the mass panic that has overtaken normal common sense. These people should be taking reasonable precautions, yes, but not stocking up for the apocalypse.

I find it somewhat disturbing that the people who are panic-buying basic goods (though toilet-roll would not be first on my apocalypse prep-list) are the ones who are least at risk from the virus. This is younger people with healthy immune systems.

Yes, people should be wary. It is, after all, a highly infectious virus which can be serious. However, since most people seem to only display mild symptoms - coughing, fever and suchlike - there is no need for the mass panic that has overtaken normal common sense. These people should be taking reasonable precautions, yes, but not stocking up for the apocalypse.
It's probably the first time younger people have really had to face a national crisis. They have never known deprivation, the need to make do, or even how to cope sensibly when media are telling you it's doom in the next two weeks.

Bah, these people that think they are "stocking up" or hording by other's standards havent been to Sam's Club with my wife. Survivalist ho!

It's probably the first time younger people have really had to face a national crisis. They have never known deprivation, the need to make do, or even how to cope sensibly when media are telling you it's doom in the next two weeks.
You say that, but I belong in that group. There probably are quite a few young people who aren't panicking and are looking at the situation in a rational manner. I'm sure their assessment will be the same as mine:

Humanity is screwed.

I blame Pluto for the virus. It swore revenge after being kicked out of the planetary club by earth scientists. Heck, it wasn't even included in that cartoon! And it probably didn't fail to notice that there is no pluto bobblehead in the ARX store! Revenge, I say! From the edge of the solar system.

I already had enough bum bunting to last me until the wave of panic buying idiots subsides, and by then everything will be stocked back up again.

I'm just waiting for the next fallout game to feature some environmental storytelling with a skeleton surrounded by hundreds of rolls of paper towels and no food.

edit: same with the people rushing to buy soap - like... do you not already have soap in your homes, you filthy gits?

I'm peeved, my wife is high functioning autistic with selective mutism, I have pretty severe Social Anxiety, my wife's father has no spleen and is 76 so VERY much at risk. I am trying to get delivery slots but EVEYTHING is booked up no slots available. I think it's time the Govt says, sick/disabled/elderly ONLY get home deliveries.

Top Bottom